Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Metro

Raichu2063

What do you guy's think? Is it any good? Great/ Horrible? If you think it is good could you post an average list because I don't know what is in it?:pokeball:

like PokeKid said, its Electrode EX and Metagross d. Ive heard from my friend that it is very fast. Check some International reports to find Metro matchups.

Today's regionals in 11-14 our Metro deck went 8-1 and ended first place.

Match ups.
Armaldo EX
Queendom
some deck with Anorith
the other decks she nearly saw what they played, so quick it was win game.

It lost 1 game against a Gengar deck, because of very bad luck and opponent getting a god hand.

Europe's gift? It was done in the states, too. Plaidlesspez, anyone?

It's a decent deck, maybe tier 2 at best. It doesn't beat enough of the metagame to bring it over the hump.

OF course, Plaidless played Which tournament with Metro?????
Forget it, it comes from Europe from a period in the USA everybody was only talking about SMP.

And yes the list of plaidless is not tier 1, ours is.

Sorry but I don't understand how this deck is powerful, because after you bomb a trode and attack you are left without much energy, as you have to discard. What do you do then?

well you could do another bomb, but if you dont need that u cud take it easy and just attach energys from hand. And we play dark electrode in it too so you can search extra energy. I think its a very good deck.

ryanvergel said:
Europe's gift? It was done in the states, too. Plaidlesspez, anyone?

It's a decent deck, maybe tier 2 at best. It doesn't beat enough of the metagame to bring it over the hump.

As for that, you could as well state the US is behind of our metagame. Metro already won early CC's here, whereas Metro first won states in the US.

So well anyway, Metro is decent. It has a pretty good matchup versus BLS, something not many decks have.

Kevin89 said:
As for that, you could as well state the US is behind of our metagame. Metro already won early CC's here, whereas Metro first won states in the US.

So well anyway, Metro is decent. It has a pretty good matchup versus BLS, something not many decks have.

Actually, ness was holding secret appr tourneys and the deck showed up at around the time of cc's. Adam was mainly the one running the deck though.

Ummm, yeah, I'm gonna have to throw the red flag here (ala the NFL).

My vote goes to Adam creating Metro but whatever you guys wanna think is fine. Seems like Europe woulda come up with a name for the deck, not Adam. I dunno, I don't really care one way or another.

i think it's possible that several persons will come to the same idea in different parts of the world.

a lot of time ago i was playing against a standard monarchy and i thought:" nidoqueen and its pre-evolutions are strong and consistant" and suggested my friend for a monarchy with a very small line of nidoking and pidgeot.

But nedoqueen is a lot different thing!!! "Queendom's inventors>me" (due to milotic ,3 pideot and geat ball+8 draw).

a friend of mine created the deck "savage garden" as soon as he saw the attack's name (crush and burn).
and he sang that song while playing his electrode EX+metagross D deck....

but i don't think he was the inventor of metro......

i think that a particular list (with an exact or a very standard deckbuilding) can be claimed by someone.
Not just an obvious combo.

i don't think anyone can claim to be the inventor of Ludicargo or Flariados (too evident combo) or even the old blaziken deck...

but particular lists can do amazingly better that a generic idea and win tournaments!

Metro has NOTHING to do with 2 pokemon having the same attack name.
If you think that you don't understand the deck.

We named it metatrode but liked the name Metro better when that was suggested 3 months after we used it and won with it.

But I will leave it, there is no way a winning deck can be created in Europe, we are not enough for that.
Anybody already heared about the USA invention of Metro II?

Metro is cool, tier 2 me thinx in the U.S. I dunno who made it, but i wish i had so i yell at the mailman, "Hey dude I made METRO!" then he'd probably just shake his head at me and mutter crazy kid or somethin' like that. anyway there are usually only just certain lists that work for certain decks, unless somebody creates a whole new list and kicks everyone's butt with it. I've played it with ZapDOS and beat it, but only just. can't wait for the next match-up. as for who creates decks around the world, a friend of mine was playing Polistall for a while, before i started to hear all about it being the next archetype on the Forums and stuff, and i was thinking, man i thought everyone new about this long time ago! i dunno, but it's interesting to see what people play, and how they play it. makes the game unique i guess.

:eek: no i've never heard of Metro II, what does it use?

so metro doesn't use metagross delta and electrode ex as main pokemon? (plus dark electrode and metagross DX just to feed crush and burn?)....
LOL!

i know deck's mechanics are more complex but that was just an example of how different people in the world could came with different ideas in different places.

i think north europe is the inventor of metro (since it was winning there in the CC and nobody else talked about it).
If someone was keeping it secret its not a problem of the comunity (like saying now that you knew Magma was good for 2004 meta but you keep it secret).

they won a lot of CC in europe and in the usa nobody was playing it in big events.

So europeans used it before it became an archetype.
that's a fact (go to flaming spinach's list of winning decks in CC and check it out).

that said, is plain silly not to take in account that many other people could have used a similar deck with a different (an pheraps worst) build....

P.S. a friend of mine used politoed and shendinja+lot of stadiums before LM came out........ so he is the inventor of polistall? no!

Yea, it was revealed at one of the original Meanstreet tournies, back around cities. I played against it on the 16th of December when i played plaidlesspez, but it wasn't revealed to the public until aroudn states time.

Back