Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mew Prime/Gengar Prime (Whenever they all come out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabett

4 Mew Prime
2 Gengar Prime
1 Spiritomb LL
2-2 Palkia G
3-1 Uxie
1 Azelf

3 Pokemon Collector
4 Hunter
2 Twins
2 Bebe's Search
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
4 Warp Point
2 Switch
2 Pokemon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
4 VS Seeker
4 Pokemon Rescue
4 Lost Zone

8 Psychic

Ok so there's a lot of reading involved with this if you haven't been up to date on the translated cards.

Mew (Prime) – Psychic - HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Body: Lost Link
This Pokemon can use any printed attack on the Pokemon in either player’s Lost Zone. (If it doesn’t have the necessary Energy attached to it for an attack, it can’t use it.)

[P] Read and Place: Place 1 Pokemon card from your deck in the Lost Zone. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 0

Gengar (Prime) – Psychic – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Haunter

Poke-Body: Catastrophe
As long as this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, if an opponent’s Pokemon is Knocked Out, that Pokemon is placed in the Lost Zone. (All cards other than Pokemon cards are discarded.)

[P] Plunge Into Darkness: Look at your opponent’s hand, choose a number of Pokemon up to the number of Psychic Energy attached to this Pokemon, and place them in the Lost Zone.
[P][C] Cursed Droplets: Place 4 damage counters on your opponent’s Pokemon in any way you like.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 0

Spiritomb - Psychic - HP60
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Engulfing Whirlpool
You can use this power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand onto your Bench. Your opponent returns his or her entire hand to his or her deck and shuffles the deck. Then, your opponent draws 6 cards from his or her deck.

[P] Color Ogre: Choose 1 Type from Grass, Fire, Water, Lightning, Psychic, Fighting, Darkness, Steel, and Colorless. Place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent’s Pokemon of the chosen Type.

Weakness: none
Resistance: Colorless (-20)
Retreat: 1

Hunter - Supporter

Each player returns 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand. You return your cards first.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Lost World from Lost Link (#40)Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone.

You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

Twins
Supporter

You can only use this card when you have more Prize cards remaining than your opponent.
Put any 2 cards from your deck into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You can only use 1 Supporter card during your turn. To use it, place it next to your Active Pokemon and discard it at the end of your turn.

Ok now that all of that's out of the way, let me explain the strategy. The main strategy is to use Mew's attack and put gengar prime in the lost zone, then proceed to use gengar prime's first attack in succession with hunter and spiritomb, in hopes of getting more pokemon into the opponent's hand. Then once you've gotten up to 6 pokemon into your opponent's lost zone, play lost world and win. Palkia G is supposed to help get more pokemon into your opponent's lost zone via his power, and can be a nice finisher if they KO something and they have enough left on their bench for you to get 6 pokemon into their lost zone. Twins are in there because you should always be behind in prizes as soon as your opponents grab one. The VS seekers are in there so you can use hunter over and over again. The pokemon rescues are in there so you can keep on getting your mew primes back, you usually want one on the bench so you can use it next turn to attack since there aren't any free retreaters. There's also 4 warp points and 2 switch to help with that along with getting the Lv.X's out. Cyrus's are in there to help you search for supporters and to help you grab energy.

I was thinking about making some room for mesprits since Palkia G's in there, but I haven't test this so I'm not sure how viable Palkia G is in this deck. This idea's fresh from my head so forgive the sketchiness that it has. I admit though that this is a mash up of what other people have said on the subject.

As a disclaimer, this isn't a place to talk about whether or not LL is coming out, thank you.

Ok, I like the enthusiasm! and, I suggest making the Absol prime from LL an option. It's bloody claw attack is quiet to fear for a basic, and you could put gengar in the lost zone alternatively. After all, set up speed is important, and if you don't have a mew prime out t1 it'll start to cost you. And, if possible try to fit in some snowpoint temples, because 60hp is fun, but risky.
Not to sound rude, but what's the uxie line for? Especially if mew is directly searching. Also I'm positive lookers or judge is gonna help you, along with the spiritomb. I ran a primeking deck, and my opponent hurt my attach by grabing all his pokemon from the deck as fast as he could, so I'm certain that your opponent would do the opposite in this case. Playing bebe's and communications to put pokemon away.

Wow, this is basically the same deck I was thinking of making, except I hadn't put a list together yet (wanted to wait for the cards themselves to show up + see the format), and I - like the previous poster - included Absol Prime. Absol adds some decent damage and its Poke-Body is pretty handy to keep your opponents worried about getting hit with Bloody Claw.

Palkia G is a good line to have instead though. I like it.

How about a tech Lucario LL? Lost Zone it and Mew can hit massive damage.

Edit: To the above poster, Uxie belongs in EVERY MD-on deck. It is invaluable drawpower that you MUST have to be consistent.

@ Kayle: In the case of uxie, I guess I just am forgetful. ^^; In my case, my draw engine is Exeggute and Exeggutor LA, just works better on my part I guess.

Ok, I like the enthusiasm! and, I suggest making the Absol prime from LL an option. It's bloody claw attack is quiet to fear for a basic, and you could put gengar in the lost zone alternatively. After all, set up speed is important, and if you don't have a mew prime out t1 it'll start to cost you. And, if possible try to fit in some snowpoint temples, because 60hp is fun, but risky.
Not to sound rude, but what's the uxie line for? Especially if mew is directly searching. Also I'm positive lookers or judge is gonna help you, along with the spiritomb. I ran a primeking deck, and my opponent hurt my attach by grabing all his pokemon from the deck as fast as he could, so I'm certain that your opponent would do the opposite in this case. Playing bebe's and communications to put pokemon away.
Why do we want to do damage to the opponent? And how is adding a basic that requires two energy going to speed up anything? Also, 20hp isn't really going to help all that much with mew prime not being KO'd, I mean I guess luxray only does 60, but eventually they could just set up one with an expert belt, or they could start running stadiums of their own.

If I play spritomb, and then play hunter, I get to pick up spiritomb, and they absolutely have at least one pokemon in hand. Besides 4 cards from judge isn't all that good, and looker's doesn't guarantee pokemon in the opponents hand either. Although I kind of like the idea.

Wow, this is basically the same deck I was thinking of making, except I hadn't put a list together yet (wanted to wait for the cards themselves to show up + see the format), and I - like the previous poster - included Absol Prime. Absol adds some decent damage and its Poke-Body is pretty handy to keep your opponents worried about getting hit with Bloody Claw.

Palkia G is a good line to have instead though. I like it.

How about a tech Lucario LL? Lost Zone it and Mew can hit massive damage.

Edit: To the above poster, Uxie belongs in EVERY MD-on deck. It is invaluable drawpower that you MUST have to be consistent.
I don't see why damage would be an issue to this deck, besides lucario only counts your lost zone, and it would take a lot of turns to make his attack worth while.

@ Kayle: In the case of uxie, I guess I just am forgetful. ^^; In my case, my draw engine is Exeggute and Exeggutor LA, just works better on my part I guess.
How does exeggutor work better? It's a stage 1 that requires you to attack in order to use it. I don't understand, wouldn't you want to be attacking with mew?

My 2nd comment was not directed at you, sorry.

Also, if you don't start with mew, it will most likely take just as long. It's just an idea, don't donk it, before you try it plz.
Lookers is for the fact of seeing your opponents hand, you don't have to pick them! :p

Personally I think gengar does gengar better than mew does because of the pokebody but this is a cool idea anyways.

You might want to consider giratina over tomb or in addition though because the problem with mew is that if you have a gengar in your hand & prizes, or 2 in your hand, you need to put them back into your deck somehow to lost zone it. The only card I can see that does that is communication and bebe's.

Also, I'd have a mirror match/straight Gengar counter because Gengar players would have a big grin on their faces if you Zone'd a pokemon of your own.

My 2nd comment was not directed at you, sorry.

Also, if you don't start with mew, it will most likely take just as long. It's just an idea, don't donk it, before you try it plz.
Lookers is for the fact of seeing your opponents hand, you don't have to pick them! :p
Ah ok, my friend made a deck with that exeggutor, you loaded up your hand with as many cards as possible and then when your opponent had fewer cards in his deck+hand, you attacked, and the opponent would lose.

Well, I don't understand how this is supposed to add to the strategy at hand other than it discards a card from your hand. The body and attack damage don't do anything towards the focus of it. I mean if you're talking about it being a different starter so it can discard your hand, the relicanth from LL would be a better idea since it's only 1 energy and you get to draw 3 cards. I mean what are the chances that 70 damage is even going to KO something. And this is as a starter still seems a little odd because, you'd not only have to have it as a starter but gengar in hand, and if we used something to grab that gengar, why didn't we grab mew prime?

Also, if we're going to use the perk of looking at your opponents hand I'd rather use Mr.Mime so we can still do the spiritomb+hunter combo. Although like I said I do like the idea, I can see putting in if the engine isn't exactly right.

dialga g lv.x FTW!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm not too sure what to do with this matchup, I mean we could run some random fire pokemon, some suggestions would be nice.

Personally I think gengar does gengar better than mew does because of the pokebody but this is a cool idea anyways.

You might want to consider giratina over tomb or in addition though because the problem with mew is that if you have a gengar in your hand & prizes, or 2 in your hand, you need to put them back into your deck somehow to lost zone it. The only card I can see that does that is communication and bebe's.

Also, I'd have a mirror match/straight Gengar counter because Gengar players would have a big grin on their faces if you Zone'd a pokemon of your own.
Well this is sort of a different strategy altogether, I mean if we're using the body on gengar then that would mean you'd have to have an attacker as well, which is a really different direction from this.

The difference between 6 cards and 4 cards for the opponent to grab is really great when added up over time. Also other than the simple ways via bebe's and communication to put gengar back, the time at which you would put gengar back in the deck to use mew's attack to put it in the lost zone is not the same time you would want your opponent to replace his hand. Maybe some more communication should be added over bebe's, it would depend on how rampant spiritomb AR would be, and that's also why I'm running 2 gengars instead of 1, I mean 3 would just eliminate it from happening more, but I think 2 is enough.

Also, idk what you'd do in the mirror match, race to 6 pokemon I guess.

Mew is completely usless, it gets OHKO'd by anything Psychic
I don't understand what you're trying to do here....I mean did you not read anything on this thread or are you just trollin? Really kinda obscure here. Either way though, you anticipate it to be KO'd every turn, your job is to win before that happens six times.

@Sabett:
this is true, but it's more or less for early game shut down, but yah, this deck would get around that.

Hahaha, the relicanth sounds more fun, and sorry, I don't have all my LL cards well known yet. :p but yah, the relicanth seems to be limited also, but your question should be answered with a Pokemon communication and collector. and with an uxie engine as well, you can't predict what you'll draw. Imagine if you had both Gengars at hand with mew as your active, it could happen.

I just think keeping some idea's as an alternative/addition seems to be viable, especially when looking for improvement.

Mew is OHKO's by any Pixie with a plus power or expert belt......it just a free prize and cant even attack. I dont see it being usefull in any decks at all. Mew EX at least had 90 HP and it did not have to put Pokemon into the lost zone to be able to attack. This one is just a free prize for your opponent.

@Sabett:
this is true, but it's more or less for early game shut down, but yah, this deck would get around that.

Hahaha, the relicanth sounds more fun, and sorry, I don't have all my LL cards well known yet. :p but yah, the relicanth seems to be limited also, but your question should be answered with a Pokemon communication and collector. and with an uxie engine as well, you can't predict what you'll draw. Imagine if you had both Gengars at hand with mew as your active, it could happen.

I just think keeping some idea's as an alternative/addition seems to be viable, especially when looking for improvement.
Yeah like the idea's ok, but I think a free retreating starter would actually help out more, like a large issue I have with not starting with mew prime is that I would have to attach and retreat, but then couldn't attack with mew prime. I was thinking about adding jirachi RR so that if it got KO'd I would also have the advantage of looking for any card. I'd like to have a basic with free retreat that could take a hit, but I do have all of those Warp points and switches.

I'm mostly concerned with the list numbers and perhaps some ideas I've overlooked, like if I made this thread yesterday it wouldn't have spirtiomb in here, or even any sort of hand refreshing idea in it. Like should I have 4 lost worlds, or 2 and a honchkrow g? Is there anything else I can add to put pokemon into the opponents hand? Should I have 4 call energy in? Should I take out more spots from the energy line or else where? Is 4 pokemon rescue too much? What about the 2-2 palkia line? Too much?
Mew is OHKO's by any Pixie with a plus power or expert belt......it just a free prize and cant even attack. I dont see it being usefull in any decks at all. Mew EX at least had 90 HP and it did not have to put Pokemon into the lost zone to be able to attack. This one is just a free prize for your opponent.
Please read the OP, it seems clear to me that you don't understand the strategy of this deck at all. If you have questions afterward please ask on this thread.

hmmm........
you could always try puting Garchomp LvX into the lost zone with mew and Restore a gengar with 3 basic energy. And Jirachi + Monk's Training to help get the gengar and energy there. ^D^ merely another option. (more along with jk)

as for the Palkia Line, i wouldn't be able to tell you if it makes it clunky either or not, I do think that starting with it may lead to trouble.

hmmm........
you could always try puting Garchomp LvX into the lost zone with mew and Restore a gengar with 3 basic energy. And Jirachi + Monk's Training to help get the gengar and energy there. ^D^ merely another option. (more along with jk)

as for the Palkia Line, i wouldn't be able to tell you if it makes it clunky either or not, I do think that starting with it may lead to trouble.
Well adding garchomp X in order to restore gengar sounds like a lot of set up, discarding the energy and gengar, attacking with mew twice before you use plunge into darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back