Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Mew Prime/Vanilluxe/Unfezant

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver116

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've last posted and probably most of you never heard of me but oh well. This is a deck I came across online and decided to play for BR but I made some tweaks. The one online include relicanth but thats way to risky so here's my variant w/o it. Tell me what you think!

Pokemon: 15 Basic: 9

4 Mew Prime
3-1-2 Vileplume (of course w/ lock)
1 Vanilluxe (could only find one in my collection)
2 Unfezant
1 Victini (for flips, may need two)
1 rotom (to get prized pokes)

Note: I have never in about 15 of my matches prized Vanilluxe

Supporters: 20

4 PONT
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Twins
3 N
2 Sages
2 Prof. Elms Training...
1 Flower Shop lady

Trainers: 11

3 Rare Candy
2 Pokegear (I favor this more than Transceiver)
2 Dual ball
2 Switch
2 Exp. Share (a little tech of mine to keep mews going)

Energy: 14

4 Phychic
4 Water
4 Prism
2 Rescue

Sooo basically the strategy here is to use mew to get Vanilluxe and Unfezant into the lost zone by turn two and maintain a game long paralysis. Use double freeze and right when they are about to die use Unfezants fly. Please test my deck and give your opinions!

ok for pokemon, drop the rotom and add 1 vanilux, 1 victini and maybe cleffa/smeargle.
ur supporter seems ok. but i would drop the elms.
for trainers drop everything u dont need it. keep the rare candy and add 1 more rare candy and 3-4 pokemon communications. as for energy, u can prob lower it and replace ur water energy with rainbow energy

Kk I will however I do not have any more Vanilluxe so I MUST keep rotom. Maybe test it with rotom? I only prized Vanilluxe once and got it out via rotom turn two.

I like how you're thinking to get everything with FSL and PE, but Elm isn't really necessary. If Mew is getting it's losties from the deck, putting them in your hand is useless and even more slowing down the strategy. If you still keep them in, put in some Relicanth from COL. He both puts handed losties into their place, while supplying draw power. Freeze is right about Rotom unless you use him for his attack. I've tried it with this deck, it helps when things don't go well. Another Fliptini would serve you well, and you SO need to take out some trainers. Sorry for being harsh; I'm emphasizing. If you have 4 Collector, Dual ball is needless, and don't even get me started with the Vilelock already killing it's purpose. I guess you could keep in in Pokegear, but I would take it out personally.

Nice whack at the deck, this is the only deck I've made now, and I love it. Good luck.

Vanilluxe shouldnt be too hard to trade for, ideally you should get that to replace rotom when you can. Since your only evolution is plume, elms can probably go. You should get some pokemon communications(4), drop the dual balls, and at least 1 switch. You wont be using those much. I like pokegear(for finding early collector) and expshare isnt terrible. You might up your sage count.

Also, how is Relicanth risky exactly? He's awesome if you get him as starter. Maybe replace him with a switch.

Taking all of your tips on mind, here's the updated list:

4 Mew Prime
3-1-2 Vile
2 Vanilluxe
2 Unfezant
1 Victini

4 PONT
4 PKMN COLL.
4 Twins
3 N
3 Sages
4 PKMN COMM.
4 Candy
2 Switch
1 Flower Shop Lady

4 Phychic
4 Prism
4 Rainbow
4 Rescue

That's the updated list. I really need your opinions concerning my energy and relicanth. Thanks ;)

My new deck list w/ strategy is:

Pokemon:

3 Relicanth
4 Mew Prime
3-1-2 Vile
2 Vanilluxe (managed to trade for one)
2 Unfezant
1 Fliptini (want to add one more)
1 Cleffa
=19

Supporters:

4 PONT
4 Pokémon COLL.
4 Twins
3 N
3 Sages
1 FSL (for recovery)
=19

Trainers:

4 Pokémon COMM.
4 Candy
2 Switch (helped with oddish starts)
=10

Energy:

4 Prism
4 Rainbow (in case I need to see off turn 1/2)
4 Rescue (in place of revives)
=12

Strategy:

T1~ Start Relicanth either if I have to switch, retreat, or fish him out. Use collector or N or Sages to fish out some basics and Vanilluxe/Unfezant. Use relicanths wisdom to get pokes in zone and draw three.

T2~ Most of my basics are out by this round and at least one poke zoned. I attach to mew and then zone either Unfezant/Vanilluxe to draw three more cards and end the setup phase.

T3~ Relicanth dies, I use twins-Comm.-or cards in hand to set Vile, and then the lock is set in play.

Please test this it is very consistent, it may even be tournament ready.

Reli-Yes!

Kudos on the Relicanth choice... they will serve you well (go to 4!)

Now... I still think you should consider Swanna as a replacement to Unfezant!

Oh, and Black Belt is wonderful!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back