Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewdrill ( Edited )

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there have been a lot of decks coming out of the cracks lately with Mew ex. This deck is Speedrill but much more consistant and easier to set up. And that is possible through Mew ex. Lets look at the deck list.

Mewdrill

Pokemon: 19
4 Weedle RG
4 Kakuna DS
2 Beedrill RG
2 Beedrill DS
4 Mew ex LM
3 Holon Electrode DS

Trainers: 30
4 Celios Network
3 Cursed Stone
3 Battle Frontier
2 Rare Candy
3 Duel Ball
4 Stevens
4 Admin
4 ER2
4 Reversal

Energy:11
4 Cyclone
7 Grass

This deck in theory is T3 110 damage. You might say, "how can you say that so easilly". Well don't take my word for it, lets take a closer look at the deck. First the key pokemon.

Beedrill-Grass
HP-90

G - Poison Sting - 20

The defending pokemon is now poisoned.

GCC - Link Needle - 50+

This attack does 50 plus 30 more damage for each Beedrill (excluding this one) you have in play.

Weakness - Fire
Resistance - None
Retreat Cost - None

I think everone remembers Speedrill. It was turn 3 set up, but difficult to do 110 damage by Turn 3. So why is this so much better? Well the reason it was herd to do 110 damage T3 was because it was so hard to get 3 Beedrill down by Turn 3. But with this next card, you only need 2 Beedrill down to do 110 damage! What is it ? lets take a look.

Mew ex-Psychic
HP-90

Pokebody - Versatile

Mew ex can use the attacks of all pokemon in play as its own. ( You still need the necesary energy to use the attack )

PC - Power Move

Search your deck for an energy card and attach it to Mew ex. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, you may switch Mew ex with 1 of your benched pokemon.

Weakness - Psychic
Resistance - None
Retreat Cost - 1

So, first of all Mew ex is a great card to have anyway because of its amazing body. Being able to choose any attack on the field is an incredible abillity. This will give you a chance to use attacks like Make a wish, or CFF, or even Regarge to help you set up depending on what deck you are playing. But why does it work so well with Beedrill? Its actually pretty simple.

Strategy

As I said before, Speedrill was at a disadvantege because you needed to get out 3 state 2's to do 110 damage. That was because of Link Needle's effect. That effect says "This attack does 50 plus 30 more damage for each Beedrill (excluding this one) you have in play." Notice when it says, "(excluding this one)". That ment that the attacking Beedrill was excluded. But with Mew ex as your attacker you will only need 2 Stage 2's out and 1 Basic pokemon out (Mew ex) in order to do 110 Damage!

*** I will finish another time but I don't have time to do it now, sorry. ***

Last edited:
Umbreon777 said:
A deck with that many stage 2s is hard to pull off. GL though, I like it.
Yeah cause Rock Lock is just terrible>< j/k Mewdrill cool idea Mew doesn't count as a bedrill making it count up to 4 bedrill nice. The Energy Root are not really nessasary since you sould be attacking with Mew but it's prefrence of TecH I would take them out to up the Pidgot line to a 3-1-3. Your Trainers are almost Identical to Queendom (Not a problem just pointing it out) Great Ball is awsome card but... what if you need a Mew and also need a Quick Search for something else? Dual Ball is an idea here but once again it is prefrence.
Cool deck work with it.

Last edited:
But I could tech in some Aipoms as a tech to help with Cargo.. And your right, duel ball is better. And I will admit that I did copy the Queen list, only because I didn't have time to think about it and I needed to put something in fast that maid sense.

Actually, you can do 140 damage if you are lucky enough to get all of the Beedrills out. Wow! Continous 140, not bad at all. Just watch out for bench hitters.

ZAKtheGeek said:
Two candy in a speedrill? Sounds like a miscalculation.

More then 2 isn't really necessary. I play 4 Kakuna and you only need to get 2 Beedrill down any way. more then 2 would be a waist of space. I am still debating whether or not the 2 in there are allready a waist of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back