Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MewGar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrif

Here's my list for a Mew/Gengar Prime deck.

The basic strategy is to use Mew Prime's attack "See Off" and send Gengar Prime into the lost zone. Then, you use Gengar Prime's attack "Hurl into Darkness" to send a Pokemon in your opp. hand to the lost zone every turn. Then, when they've got six, you drop Lost World and declare yourself the winner!

Pokemon: 17
4 Mew Prime (main card, see off gengar prime and began to win)
1-2 Gengar Prime (used with Mew)
4 Cleffa (Great set-up card)
4 Smeargle (use a Juniper/PONT/etc..)
2 Spiritomb (use this to get your opp. a Pokemon in their hand)
2 Mr. Mime (CoL) great card to look at your opp. hand to know if they have a Pokemon or not)

T/S/S:
4 Pokemon Collector (grab Mew/Cleffa/Spiritomb/Smeargle)
3 Pokemon Com (put a dead gengar prime back to your deck and grab a Mew)
4 Juniper (new hands are good
2 Rare Candy (play that dead gengar on your gastly)
4 Twins (you honestly never take prizes so this card is like..... great)
3 Seeker (Pick up and re-use stuff)
2 Lost World (win condition)
4 SSU (take any unwanted Pokemon out of the active spot)
2 Switch (Get smeargle out, put Mew Prime in play)
3 Junk Arm (reuse stuffs)

Energy: 10
10 Psychic Energy

Deck runs OK feels like it's missing something, would appreciate all feedback ! ^^

I think it's too much. Mew is not needed. Mew is too weak. Just use a normal LostGar. Mew is a easy KO waiting to happen (IMO).

Loose the smeargles and the cleffa, you havent got time for that. Mew adds speed, for those who dont get it. Dosent matter if its KO, then you go for twin.

So get in mime jr. for starters, you could run Slowking to get a late game bonus on mr. mime jr.

Jirachi could be of use to get rare candy evolutions back on the hand, thou im not sure about that. Could also be used with energy switch to power up hurl into darkness if your opponent got a good hand.

4 Mew Prime
4 Smeargle
2 gengar
2 tomb
1 Mime
1 Jirachi
1 Shaymin
=15

4 Revive
4 Dualball
4 Junk Arm
4 Seeker
4 SSU
4 Juniper
4 Twins
3 Switch
2 Lost World
=33

12 Psychic
=12

My personal list, enjoy!

what if both G primes are prized then what are you going to do?
The chance of that happening is about 1 in 100. Not a real issue I'd say.

However, I do agree a Gengar line (I would suggest 3-2-4 + some rare candy) is beneficial to this deck. You need to have a pokémon in there who can take a hit.

I recommend trying to add in some jirachi... two mr. mime is just over kill... you will want at least a 2-1-3 line of gengar so you won't just rely on mew... here is the modified list:

Pokemon:
4 Mew Prime (main card, see off gengar prime and began to win)
2-1-3 Gengar Prime (used with Mew)
1 Cleffa (Great set-up card)
2 Smeargle (use a Juniper/PONT/etc..)
1 Jirachi
2 Spiritomb (use this to get your opp. a Pokemon in their hand)
1 Mr. Mime (CoL) great card to look at your opp. hand to know if they have a Pokemon or not)

T/S/S:
3 Pokemon Collector (grab Mew/Cleffa/Spiritomb/Smeargle)
4 Pokemon Com (put a dead gengar prime back to your deck and grab a Mew)
3 Juniper (new hands are good
2 Rare Candy (play that dead gengar on your gastly)
4 Twins (you honestly never take prizes so this card is like..... great)
4 Seeker (Pick up and re-use stuff)
2 Lost World (win condition)
4 SSU (take any unwanted Pokemon out of the active spot)
1 Switch (Get smeargle out, put Mew Prime in play)
3 Junk Arm (reuse stuffs)

Energy:
10 Psychic Energy

yea. if, somehow, you can manage to fit in some relicanths like I did, it runs faster. I also recommend dropping the smeargles as you don't really need it. trust me, I have tested this deck for a month, but still need to unlock its potential... I have moved onto other decks but still...

-4 Psychic Energy
+4 Rainbow Energy

(Why not, he's going to get KO'd anyways, and at least this way you can use another attack if you throw something good in your opponent's lost zone)

I've been testing Lostgar HGSS for months now and I played it last season. Please please consider Poke Gear 3.0, it is an insanely good card in this kind of deck(let's you look at top 7 and choose a supporter). It's worth adding it adds alot of consistantcy. I'd play at a Minimum 2 or 3. With this deck you need to outspeed your opponent..sooner you get your seekers and Spiritombs the better.

Thanks for backing me up on this Hermit lol. I agree with your 4 I maxed it out as well after i saw how amazing the card was for this deck.

Crobat Prime may seem nice but it really isn't practical. Mew has to send it to the lost zone before it can use the attack. It costs a whole turn to setup that attack and leaves Mew vulnerable in the active spot.
Your goal isn't to do damage anyway. You have to just take whatever your opponent throws at you while trying to out-speed them.

Muk's Sludge Drag is very nice and can be extremely disruptive. But if you run Muk you'll also have to run Switch or rely on Super Scoop Up. Cause otherwise, with :colorless::colorless::colorless: retreat cost, you'll never get it out of the active spot again.

*edit*
Oh and forget about Muk's Pester attack. The deck doesn't run enough energy to power that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back