Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MewPerior (Updated Decklist!) (Masters, Cities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tildarus

Pokemon (18):
4 Mew Prime
2 Rhyperior Lv.X
3 Smeargle
2-2 Delcatty
2-1 Blaziken FB X
1 Gengar Prime
1 Unown Q

T/S/S (19):
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
3 Bebe's Search
3 Snowpoint Temple
3 Pokemon Rescue
2 Twins

Energy (23):
5 Fire
4 Rescue
14 Psychic

Strategy: Start with Smeargle and portrait Collector. Get Mew, Unown Q, and Skitty to my hand and lay them down. Attach Q to Smeargle and retreat for Mew, attach psychic energy and see of Rhyperior X. Somepoint early in the game see off Gengar Prime to put on the intimidation factor to not have DGX in their hand. Get Delcatty ready to use Power circulation to guarantee 100 damage a turn and also get Blaziken FB ready to KO DGX if I have too. If I see Cyrus go down and DG or DGX go into their hand, send them too the lost Zone and prevent them from coming on the field.

I will use Rhyperior X's hard crush attack to do up to 250 damage a turn by milling energy.

Twins is in the deck for emergencies. If I am down prizes and in trouble and a Twin's comes up, I have the opportunity to turn the game around.

Last edited:
Just some thoughts:

Why no Twins? If you fall behind a little bit, this can definitely get you back in the game by finding whatever it is you need. Run out of ways to get Mew back? Grab two rescue. Need a cat and fast? Grab a 1-1 Kitty. out of ways to get to fire energy with Dialga incoming or can't get Blaziken FB X? Same deal. I'd run at least 2.

At least one Belt could really help with some late game finishers and make it more difficult to knock off Mew.

Manec + Bench Shield to cover your Delcatty's since that will be the common KO for Luxchomp. No snipe off, then they're forced to attack Mew, which is what you want, no?

By no means am I saying these are your best options, just some ideas for you. I'm intrigued by this deck, even moreso since I saw a few tournaments with it in top cut.

That is not a bad idea. I actually never thought of twins to be honest. But the problem is, that if I do not run 4 of something, it is likely to not ever be in my hand because I mill so much energy. I don't know if I have room for 4 twins. But it wouldn't be too bad to be able to grab 2 rescue from my hand, lol. That would be a game changing event if I needed them

No, no, no.

Why are you people running Sableye instead of Smeargle/Unown Q? Why would you want a T2 setup as opposed to T1? MewPerior is very, very, very fast, but only if you use Smeargle! Sableye does nothing but slow the deck down. If you go first, and your opponent has a Collector in hand, and you start with a Smeargle, you will win. And it happens more than you'd think when you run three to four Smeargle. Everyone maxes Collector.

You Collector for Mew plus Q plus something else. The best list I've seen runs Mesprit. T1 you retreat the Smeargle with Q and Lost Zone a Rhyperior. Then you start owning with Mew, doing massive damage. You win.

What is Sableye doing that Smeargle wouldn't do better? And I don't like the Blaziken line unless there's an awful lot of Dialga in your area. Oh, yeah, and run Seeker. It gives the deck a pretty darn good ability to donk.

That is a good point with Smeargle, but what about the times when they do not have a Collector in their hand? And there is a lot of Dialga in my area, so Blaziken is required. And if I take this to states, which I plan too, I need to be ready for as much as I can.

I am actually considering Smeargle because I can see the benefit there, especially if I go second, I can run two Supporters, and that would make the deck even faster. And Smeargle has 70 HP, making it difficult to donk. And with the possibility of running two supporters, I could have Delcatty or Blaziken out the second turn. That would be wonderful. And yes, with Sableye, the deck can be a bit slow in the beginning, and the deck is supposed to move fast enough to leave my opponent disoriented and scrambling to do something.

---------- Post added 12/22/2010 at 06:32 PM ----------

If I did decide to run Smeargle, I would max it out to 4

---------- Post added 12/22/2010 at 10:08 PM ----------

I am thinking about running a 1-1 Manectric (PLT) with energy Barrier. If I could prevent my Blaziken and Delcatty from being snipped, as well as my other Mews, it might be worth it. What do you guys think?

I definitely approve of that Smeargle idea. You definitely get an upper hand if you start with that over Sableye nor do you have to waste a turn using it. If they don't have a collector, then you take a Bebe's/Cyrus/etc from their hand. Not to mention you don't suffer from the going first syndrome and can double supporter if you go second.

Another thing I was thinking about, and people might call me crazy for it, would be to run ONE Jumpluff. Lets assume your opponent is destroying your Delcatty's, leaving you few ways to recover energies for Rhyperior Level X. Its safe to assume you're going to have a pretty large bench, and most decks nowadays run very large benches as well because nobody fears the Pluff anymore. Mew Prime can benefit from Jumpluff just as much as it does from Rhyperior, without the fear of your energy being problematic.

Not only that, but you can easily switch your energy ratio around to use Mass Attack.

I REALLY like this deck, Its so intriguing and different compared to the staleness this meta brings. I think it'd be sweet if we started seeing more of it. Only issues are can it beat most of the decks in format? (Gengar comes to mind most notably as a bad matchup for this.)

Lots of decks run a 1-1 Dialga tech now, including Luxchomp and Gyarados. Its not that you can't kill it with Blaziken or shuffle it back in with Drifblum, its just that you will likely have to burn 2 turns to do that and that will get you behind on prizes with a 60 HP guy doing all your attacking. I like the Jumpluff tech in here, but you probably have to run Absol or some other way of getting Pokemon in the lost zone. You can't do See Off more than once a game with a 60 HP guy sitting up there.

The jumpluff idea is not bad, but I would have to run grass energy, minimizing the chances of me starting with a psychic energy to see off on the first turn with, and I would have to have a grass energy attached to mew, and they do die really easily. So deciding which Mew to attach a grass energy to would be difficult since they are pretty squishy.

And yes, most decks do run a DGX tech in their deck, and it does take two turns to take it out, but its how I have to do it since DGX shuts Mew down completely! But a 2-2 line makes sure I can have one ready.

And I haven't even looked at Kingdra LA as an option. I would need to look more into it.

What do you guys think about running a Manectric PLT tech, just a 1-1. If I can get it out, I will prevent bench sniping, which would save my Blaziken, and my Delcatty's

You'd have to run waters for Kingdra though, but after you hard crush all them into the discrad, it lets you bring them all back to your deck!

Idea taker? PSH whatever!

I ran a Kingdra LA deck with Rhyperior X tech in it last year for States!
I had that idea used before Mew was even coming across the boards, so
don't bother...

It worked well too, but having the waters will probably slow it down...

Kingdra is really not worth it IMO. You usually wouldn't have enough water in the discard to get the ko you need. Also taking that second turn to see off early on is critical in slowing you down. A more reliable way is to just add a few fighting energy in order to use Rhyperior's second attack and get the energy back in if you're about to deck out, or if you can get a prize on a 60 hp pokemon.

That however wont work if you are running blaziken and fire energy.

I think the biggest problem with Mewperior is consistancy. it lacks a lot of consistancy, believe it or not. So I built my list for consistancy rather than techs.

4 Mew Prime
2 Rhyperior X
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Smeargle
2 Uxie
1 Dialga( returns 3 basic energy from your discard pile on top of your deck, great synergy)
1 Unown Q
1 Mesprit(brutually clutch)
1 Remoraid
1 Octillery PL
1 Regice

Trainer
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Judge
4 Seeker
2 Snowpoint
3 Pokemon Rescue

Energy
4 Warp Energy
4 Rescue Energy
15 Psychic

Dialga is a must, a quick way to put 3 energy forom your discard pile on top of your deck, 150 damage at minimum.

Regice is amazing, because with this deck you have too much energy in hand, and it help ko worthy pokemon. A lot of the time people will see the matchup, and keep things up their that are not needed and let them get koed.

Octillery is simple...this deck, HATES Dialga. The obvious other choice is Infernape, and that takes up a bit more space. Octillery does the same thing as Rhyperior X, you just have to flip.

Gengar Prime is in the deck at the moment because I can See him off and threaten a deck from getting DGX into their hand because I will send it too the lost zone.

And I tried the Reverse time Dialga in the beginning, but after its one set down and putting three energies on top of my deck, he becomes useless. And he can be sprayed, making him completely useless if he does

And the deck actually runs rather consistent at the moment, but I have to have a DGX counter because there are a couple of those decks in my area. I have to have a plan for it

You have Seeker, for your tech cards, i.e. Mesprit, uxie, Dialga. id want them to spray dialga, I have delcatty consistantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back