Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Might of Mightyena ("Modified", Non-DCI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrington388

Pokémon (20)
4 Poochyena (w/Knock Off) (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
3 Mightyena (w/Intimidating Fang) (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
2 Sneasel (Neo Revelations)
1 Sneasel EX (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
3 Porygon (Aquapolis)
3 Porygon2 (Neo Revelations)
2 Mewtwo (Expedition)
2 Cleffa (Promo #31)

Trainers (20)
4 Copycat (Expedition)
4 Moo-Moo Milk (Neo Genesis)
4 Energy Stadium (Neo Destiny)
4 Energy Charge (Neo Genesis)
4 Lum Berry* (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)

Energy (20)
4 Darkness Energy (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
4 Rainbow Energy (EX: Ruby & Sapphire)
12 Psychic Energy

*--Can use Miracle Berry (Neo Genesis) in place of some or all of the Lum Berries.

The strategy is to get Mightyena in play as soon as you can. That way, your Bench takes less damage sooner. Either way, you'll be able to eat away at your opponent's hand once you have Poochyena/Mightyena in play.

The non-EX Sneasel is able to go at your opponent's attached Trainers, including Poké Tools. Sneasel EX is the Genesis Sneasel with the fixes made, but I only ran one because I didn't want to become two-Prize fodder too quickly.

Porygon2 is mainly for converting Psychic Energy into Darkness just in case you run low on Darkness and Rainbow, especially in the case of Sneasel EX. The pre-evolution can nab Trainers from the discard.

Mewtwo was put in there as a counter to the Fighting decks that threaten. Cleffa is for card drawing and stall power.

Copycat is my main draw engine, and Moo-Moo Milk is the main healer. Energy Stadium can recycle the Psychic Energy from the discard, Energy Charge does the same to the Darkness and Rainbow. Finally, Lum Berry is for healing Special Conditions that threaten to tear you apart.

If you try this in 2-on-2, try the NR Sneasel/Mightyena Active combo, that'll give your opponents something to fear (as well as provide Mightyena's defense while attacking with Sneasel).

Any comments, fixes, and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back