Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mightyena D question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJohn06

I read over a ruling on Mightyena Ds attack Gang up. That you don't count it twice for the dual type. Can I get a further explaination tho as to the logic behind this?

I'm just curious because technically do you not have both a dark pokemon and a metal pokemon in play with it's self? If so, what determines what type you count it as for that attack then? Like how do you add that up. It seems like if you only count it once, then you're treating it as one type. Mightyena's gang up says "Does 10 damage times the number of (Dark) Pokemon and (Metal) Pokemon you have in play.

I just don't see how you only count it as one. I know it's only ONE pokemon in play, obviously, but it's two types of pokemon. Is there any other ruling similar to this that might show me what the idea behind it is or something? Thanks

There are plenty of previous posts here regarding this.

English can be an awkward language to describe things. If the card had said "Metal Pokemon or Darkness Pokemon", it could be argued "Well, I have to choose either Metal...or Darkness. It can't be both, and it has to be only one." That interpretation is far more difficult to dispel.

We settled on a simpler answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back