Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~ MILFORD MA Gym Challenge ~ 5/23 ~

PokeMeBob

MILFORD, MA GYM CHALLENGE

WHEN: Sunday, May 23

START TIME: 11:00 AM

REGISTRATION FEE: $10

WHERE: TJ Collectibles, 160 Main Street, Milford, MA

FORMAT: Modified Decks, with Age Modified Swiss rounds; cut to single elimination finals (best 2 out of 3 games) for the top 8 (or whatever number is appropriate for each age group). For more information visit the Pokemon website at www.pokemon-tcg.com.

PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to the top 8 finishers in each age group.

1st place: 1 box of TMvsTA; invitation to World Championships in Orlando; travel package to Orlando (see pokemon-tcg.com for more details); VIP Package at Origins.

2nd place: 18 booster packs of TMvsTA

3rd & 4th place: 9 booster packs of TMvsTA

5th thru 8th place: 4 booster packs of TMvsTA

Please bring your modified deck, damage counters, and POP ID #. If you do not have a POP ID # we will be able to issue one to you at the tournament. See you on Sunday!

Last edited:
I remember last time at TJ's and how much fun i had. Ill be back sunday for more fun with all my buddies:

LuMaga1,johnny blae,his son nick(nyc gym challenge champ),FlareStartfire and his buddy alan

See ya all on sunday

Joe - Actually Nick is not going. Since he already won he doesnt want to have an impact on the playing field. Unlike what almost happened in NYC. Also his best friends Bday party is that afternoon and he doesnt want to miss that. But Im still going and Steven, Tim, Jacob, and John Michael should be with me.

I will be going, and im going to make sure I wake up real early...

i can't wait for this sunday. 1st tourney for me in the 15-up group. i feel i have a slim chance of winning, but what the heck. this outghta be fun

Last edited:
Don't forget to bring your GBA's also. I have been busy breeding some of the female pokemon caught in Colleseum. I am looking for a female larvitar if anyone has one to trade. I have cyndaquil, delibird, wooper, misdreveous, and others. See you all Sunday!

I'm going to be there, trying to regain the former glory of Team Mass. Destruction after 2 years of inactivity.

I wonder if I'll see any old faces there? Perhaps some of the old Harrison's crew. Unfortunately I know that form TMD member and running mate of mine Tom Hanley won't be able to make it (despite my efforts to try and get him to make a deck and rock the scene with me).

JohnnyBlaze said:
Joe - Actually Nick is not going. Since he already won he doesnt want to have an impact on the playing field. Unlike what almost happened in NYC. Also his best friends Bday party is that afternoon and he doesnt want to miss that. But Im still going and Steven, Tim, Jacob, and John Michael should be with me.

Ohh ok john. Its good to see a whole mass crowd gonna be there. I,thansk to flarestarfire will be testing out a slightly slower version of the gardevoir deck that ebay is shipping the compennets too. im on hold by ebay sellers for all the parts but mike is getting me the deck ready for a test run and ill have it set. All ill be missing is 2 rare candy's and the oracles to complete it so ill add something to replace it. See ya all there. :D

What almost happened in NYC?
Did someone who already won a trip almost win?-PokePop

Pop - What happened is that Greg Sauk's younger son that won a trip at the Penssylvania Challenge made the Top 4 in NYC. He was actually going to try and take 2nd place. Luckily Nick beat him in the 1st round of the playoffs.

aww man, i just cant wait till sunday, so many of my friends will be there :D

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!1

its gonna be so much fun.

see u there GL Mo, Flare, Alan, Pokey, Blaze, and the rest of the crew.

see u there guys, especially u alan... foolio

I think I may be able to go now, but i still have to get my dad's ok on it. Since my grades are all up now, so I think the only thing i have to get away is the fact that he hates me doing this.... but ill pull the stubbornness out. And if all else fails, ill get grandma to get dad to go to my cousins (which is like 20 minutes after milford) so it would be more easier to get him to just drop me off there.
Cuz i lost my license until June 1st-ish, bcuz of stupid speeding ticket I cant drive til then.

they probably will be there. the only person im afraid of right now is flare and his amphy, blaze deck.

KINGDRA WILL PWN ALL

no it wont, not when im there at least.
I still have my secret deck that no one knows about that maybe having its surfacing on sunday... check it out if youre lucky.
kingdra isnt as good as u think nick, its flawed more then jungle gloom

Last edited:
Will there be any side events: like a booster draft or a side tourney?
I hope there's a booster draft

of course i have to get there first.

Last edited:
|PoKeY| said:
Will there be any side events: like a booster draft or a side tourney?
I hope there's a booster draft

of course i have to get there first.
We are planning a side event after the main tournament. It was going to be a second modified tournament, but a booster draft sounds goo, too. Remind me tomoorrow and I'll talk to Tom about it. We should have time with the finals being best 2 out of 3.

A booster draft would be great. I haven't played in one of those forever...

Back