Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Milford states report

LifeVirus7

what a day. the tourney was alot of fun, or course. and my friends and i did pretty good in our views. anyway, you came to look at a report, and here it is.

first off, my deck

energies :colorless

4 water energy
4 fire energy
4 fighting energy
4 grass energy
4 psychic energy
6 lightning energy

pokemon :pokeball:

3 trapinch 79/97
2 vibrava 22/97
2 flygon 4/97
4 zizagoon (2 85/100, 2 79/109)
2 linoone 38/109
4 magnemite 63/97
3 Magneton 17/97

trainers
3 poke ball
2 lady outing
2 mr briney's compassion
3 potions
2 rare candy

amount of people that were there

15-up: 20
14-under: 19 (there wasn't a seperate age group for the 10-under)

now, for the battles

one warning, i forget some things that happned, so they might not be the exact thing that happened, but close to it

battle one: kevin
deck: don't know, only know it has fighting types

this was an easy match, and the only one i would get. at the start, he only had a kangesan, and i only had a trapinch. he went first and attached a :fighting: energy. i attached an energy and paralyzed him. he attached again, and i rock smashed for 60. he mega punched, and i rock smash for the win. record: 1-0

battle 2: nick
deck: kingdra ex deck

boy, i really messed up in this one. i had a trapinch on the bench, and a magnemite as my active. he drew a card, and he said it was crystal shard (or whatever trainer makes your pokemon :colorless for a turn). i asked what it did, and he told me. i then panicked, since all i had was trapinch left after he KOed magnemite. i forgot that flygon had 120 health, not 100. i didn't use rare candy to evolve, and tried to paralyze his wobbefut. it failed and he won because of my stupid panic. :( record: 1-1

battle 3: shannon
deck: aqua deck

at the start she had a decent amount of aquas on the bench, and i has some pokemon out. she eventually put out aqua's kyogre, and she started to power it up. my flygon was nearly KOed, so i used mr. briney to take it back. rare candy in my hand made it easy to evolve it, and i reattached the energies. she didn't retreat her poochyena to her kyogre, and i KOed it, activating kyogre's power saver! she didn't get out any other aqua's, and i took out the rest of her team one by one. record: 2-2

battle 4: brian
deck: amphy ex deck

this was a short battle like the 1st one, but in his favor. he got amphy on his 3rd turn and defeated my mageton, my only pokemon in play :mad: . his game :mad: record: 2-2

in the end, i hit 6th for my age group

i also entered the second tourney they had, and it was fun. also, it gave me something else to do the rest of the afternoon. i hit 4th in it. if anyone wants to hear about that one, just say so.

Last edited:
congrats on the placing. I did 3rd in the milford state tourney myself at the end and 8th in the 2nd tourney.

The top decks are on the topic:
who won at your state championship??

Back