Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Milk

PSYCO829

Here is an interesting thought: where did we get the idea to drink milk from?
Who was the first person to point at a cow's udder and say "Hey, lets drink what comes out of this"
And according to research i have done, milk is often treated as an invading organism and attacked by our immune system while in our digestive tract
So, where did this whole "milk does the body good" garbage come from?

As infant's we are only sustained on milk...

Milk is an exellent source of Calcium, necessary for bone growth.

Apparently, our ancestors thought, "hey, if we drink milk as babies, why don't we do it now?" Goat milk is also ok for human consumption, but I think most people would prefer Cow milk.

I wouldn't call "Milk does the body good" garbage.

Milk provides:

Vitamins D and K are essential for bone health.
Iodine is a mineral essential for thyroid function.
Vitamin B12 and riboflavin are necessary for cardiovascular health and energy production, and B12 is difficult to get outside of animal products or else as supplemental pills.
Biotin and pantothenic acid are B vitamins important for energy production.
Vitamin A is critical for immune function.
Potassium and magnesium are for cardiovascular health.
Selenium is a cancer-preventive trace mineral.
Thiamine is a B-vitamin important for cognitive function, especially memory
Conjugated linoleic acid is a beneficial fatty acid that inhibits several types of cancer in mice, it has been shown to kill human skin cancer and other cancer cells in vitro studies, and may help lower cholesterol and prevent atherosclerosis; only available in milk from grass-fed cows.
Studies show possible links between low-fat milk consumption and reduced risk of arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, and obesity. Overweight individuals who drink milk may benefit from decreased risk of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes.

Just take a multivitamin and drink water, geeze.

Good question though, I know I wouldn't have been the person to figure it out :D

considering that back then ALL infants were _nursed_ instead of bottlefed artificial formula, it's not that big a stretch to start looking at other mammals' milk as an additional available food...

'mom

PSYCO829 said:
And according to research i have done, milk is often treated as an invading organism and attacked by our immune system while in our digestive tract

All foods are.

Current theory states that the acid in your stomach evolved to kill micro-organisms that you ingest with food of all sorts. Milk is not given special treatment.

All foods are.

Current theory states that the acid in your stomach evolved to kill micro-organisms that you ingest with food of all sorts. Milk is not given special treatment.

this applies to the specific cultures in milk, the body tries to destroy them (and usually suceeds
you get mroe calcium from a serving of vegetables (the dark leaf ones) than you do from milk, and isnt the calcium intake what milk is dranken for?

Here is an interesting thought: where did we get the idea to drink milk from?
Who was the first person to point at a cow's udder and say "Hey, lets drink what comes out of this"

It must have been something that came to them while they were asleep.....

:rolleyes:

I find it harder to figure out how people came up with things like cheese, chocolate, or cigarettes. "Lets mix old milk, some spices, and some bacteria together and let it sit until it hardens and then eat it!!"

Back