Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

milotic SP 40-card?

kekaw2

i'm gonna try to make a milotic SP 40-card deck, but i don't realy know what to do. i don't have a decklist. i'm thinking about starmie... but iether way, my strategy is gonna be using aqua tail and do like a million damage... then using a backup attacker, whatever that may be.

So you want to teach your borther hwo to play with a deck that's 20 cards to small to be usable in even fun tournaments and leagues?

Sounds like so much fun =/

:eek:our leauge lets us use them, and you should make one, theyr'e more fun, from my point of view.

40 card decks are fun, but a good deck building rule to make it a little more balanced is no more then 2 of any card but energy.

When I build a 40 card deck I only use basics or just stage 1 Pokemon, it is really hard to run stage 2 in a short deck.
SP Pokemon really shine in this format, so bust out with the SP deck and trainers.
Try to avoid anything that makes you discard because it is very easy to deck yourself.
Pokemon Radar and Dusk Ball really shine in these small deck s too.

There really is a benefit to using 60 card vs 40. Not only do get 2 more chances to stay alive, but have a wider area to build a deck that is more consistent. Meaning you get what you want, when you need it.
Thing is, you often have 20 Pokes and at least 15-16 Energy, but have very little room for the good supporters, trainers, or Stadiums if you should play them.

Listen to the experts here, 40 card decks are good way to get started, but when going deeper in, using the max 60 card deck.

i finished the actuall deck. here it is.

pkmn.
2 milotic c
manaphy POP 6 it gets pkmn, good start.
2floatzel GL
2-2 starmie RR
1-1 marshtomp SV plunge is decent
1-1 octillery PL

trainers.
champions roomSV
great ballSF
2 night teleporter SV
felecities drawing GE
2 bebe's search RR
2 cyrus's initiative SV
lux ball SF
4 poke ball PL

energies
16 basic water
2 SP energies RR

i think that you should just do 4-4 octillery, its good and easy to play. because apparently noobs need at least 25 nrg to play.

It seems odd to have a "preliminary" deck be 40 cards. That is what you would do in Sealed format, but otherwise I think it's better for "tutorial" style decks to contain 30 cards and play 3 Prizes. The "2-player starter sets" consist of two 30-card decks, and although they're not well-built, I think that having 30-card decks works better in this case.

It does seem that the number of Energy cards played in a player's deck is inversely proportional to the experience of the player. I just wish that the theme decks had some more Trainer cards (even if it was stuff like Mom's Kindness) rather than the useless common Pokemon and excessive Energy cards. Starting players with a structure of more like 20-20-20 (heck, even 25-20-15 since they love to stuff the theme decks with pointless common Pokemon) instead of 25-24-11 or even worse, 27-24-9 (see SV), would help to avoid discouragements. Of course, at my League, I've seen decks that are worse than theme decks.

Back