Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mirage island

Swmpert 2004

Does anyone know how often mirage island comes up and what pokemon are on the island besides Wynaut?
:unknown-n :unknown-e :unknown-e :unknown-d 2 :unknown-k :unknown-n :unknown-o :unknown-w

Last edited:
only Wynaut, like lvls 5-50.. and a Leichi Berry, thats it... The only way I can think of to force it to show up is using my old win a lottery a day trick... The guy checks whatever Pokemon are in your team for hidden number, simular to ID, but not ID. I assume (yeah I know...) that this will work, but it will take time/patients.... if it does, LMK....

Ok, first off, whnever you get done playing today, save.... preferably in Pacifilog. Make sure that Pokemon you have in party were all caught on different days, and/or by different trainers.

Tomorrow (this trick takes 2 days too work, sorry), start the game up, and check the old man to see if the Island is there, if not, soft reset and check again.... and repeat this cycle...

I am under the assumption this will work, cause it does with Once a Day Lotto. If you saved day before (or longer) and keep reseting today, the random # keeps changing, giving you more oppertunites to win. Since the # is never given by the man on Pacifilog, I can only assume it changes the same way, though there is no way to verify this....

Soft Reset is when you hold A+B+START+SELECT at the same time... its been around since at least GB Pocket/color.... easier than turning it on/off all the time.....

Actually, Mirage Island appears when you have a Pokemon with 0 IV's at all. I'm not sure whether you need to have it in your party, but that's what you need, 0 IV's.

where/when was this at??? I have never heard of the island appearing with having anything to do with IVs???

IVs (individual values), also called DVs (deter[minate] values), are simply technical terms for your Pokemon's genes. When a Pokemon is encountered in the wild (and, subsequently, caught) it has a random number (0-15 in RBYGSC; 0-31 in RSFL) rolled for each of its stats (except HP, whose DV is derived from the others, at least in RBYGSC). This number is permanent and cannot be changed in any way without RAM modification (IE, GameShark). These DVs determine how high or low that Pokemon's stats can possibly go; if the Pokemon has a DV of 15 in defense, it will be able to achieve the maximum possible defense for its species. A DV of 0 will result in the minimum possible for the species-- not too good. A DV of 7 or 8 will be "average." The best way to find a Pokemon's DVs is to catch it and ensure that it receives no stat experience/effort points whatsoever, level it up to 50 or 100 (the easiest levels to check with, not necessary, but much more reliable-- Pokemon rarely show stat variations among the same species at lower levels) with rare candy, and find one of the numerous DV-checking utiliities on the web.

Note that in GSC, special attack and special defense run off the same DV. In RSFL, SA and SD have separate DVs.

In a nutshell, high DVs means high stats. Don't sweat trying to find a Pokemon with high DVs in a useless stat for that Pokemon (IE, a high attack DV for a Pokemon with low attack and high special). The chances of finding a five-way max Pokemon in RBYGSC (in fact, the chances of any combination of five specific DVs) are 1:16^5, or 1:1,048,576: one in a million, as it were. A more realistic approach is trying for only two (1:256 odds) or three (1:4096 odds) specific DVs. These odds are obscene in RSFL (a six-way max is 1/32^6, or 1:1,073,741,824-- one in a billion), so getting good DVs is considerably more difficult in those games.

Aside from stats, DVs also determine shiny Pokemon, the type and power of Hidden Power, and Mirage Island, which I've heard about three different theories for, but I can't test them yet.

I think I had something else to say on the subject, but something took my concentration so I lost my rambling tempo and forgot. More later if I remember or someone reminds me, I guess.

OK, a sidenote on DV/IV's... they only determine shineyness in GSC, or Pokemon recieved from RBY to GSC. They do not determine shinyness in RuSa, to the best of my knowledge... thats why shiny breeding doesnt work....

Do you have a link to someone who knows for a fact how to get to the island based on DV/IV's??? I would like to check it out...

Back