Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mirror!?

supertyranitar

I'll just go over the Nationals part of this for the time being. I'm not feeling too energetic right now, so here we go.

So, while getting testing in for the big event, I decided to play the deck that no one really thought of as being good: Mario. I felt it would have the best match-ups against any of the decks in this current format, and I was almost right...

Round 1: MetaNite
So I go second, and draw. He starts with a casty, and has a Ray* on his bench. I top deck a strength charm, and KO the Casty on my turn (via fighting energy too). Because of this, it messes him up to the point that he can't get set up (save for a Metagross that goes down in little to no time thanks to a Machoke and Lucario). With Crystal Shards, I clear through his Dratini's, and take down the Ray* for game.

1-0

Round 2: Speed Spread (Eric Craig)
I turn two the Machamp from PK, only to get nothing else out. The whole time I'm struggling to get anything out, and I'm just getting over powered by the damage he's getting on me. GG man

1-1

Round 3: Infernape/Roselia
This game goes over pretty well for me. We both mulligan so many times, but I get a basic first. He ends up only drawing two prizes, while I'm able to roll through without any problem (I really can't remember much about the game. >.<)

2-1

Round 4: Kyle Sabelhaus (Ambush)
UGH! NO! I didn't want this at all. We both exchange hits, knocking things out on both sides. I keep evolving to save my basics, and he's still spreading his damage, while I'm ko'ing things to try and stand a chance. We get down to one prize each, and I've got a Machoke active. I play an energy, and evolve to Machamp DP. He's got an Empoleon with 40 damage active, and if I don't land a heads, my Lucario on the bench with 60 on it is gone. I land the heads, and it's game. GG man, I wish we didn't have to play one another. =(

3-1

Round 5: Thor H. (Infernape)
This game doesn't last too long (I really can't remember all that went down). I know that I ended up ko'ing one Ape, and then ridding of two Delcatty's via a Machamp. He sends in one last Infernape, and has a Celebi ex on bench. With Cursed stone and Lucario, it ends up getting KO'ed for my last prizes.

4-1

Round 6: Mirror...
Basically, I can't set up fast enough, and end up losing this game.

4-2

Round 7: MIRROR...
Same thing as last round. -_-

4-3

Round 8: Infernape
I win this one quick enough thanks to a T2 Champ taking everything out. He gets nothing in this game.

5-3

Round 9: Kingdra.
A very hard game. He's a tank sitting up there, and I'm setting up and sending things in to try and take it down. Champ ends up doing most of the work in this game, as I get I believe all my DP Champ's out, and end up winning.

6-3

Props:
My parents for taking me.
TJ (Shadow Zangoose) for the sword fights and appetizers
Kyle
Twitchy
Bobby (Great job getting the trip dude!)
Aaron
Matt
Foam swords
Staying up late.
Team Rocket

Slops:
Brent's game loss
Bobby making 33rd
Mirror's.

6-3 in a very tough tourney is still a great job! Yes, the mirror is one of Mario's toughest match ups. Take care and see ya soon Mike!

Keith

Back