Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

miscut 2009-2010 autumn victory medal worth

That's barely an error. Wouldn't add more than $1-$2 onto the value, TOPS.

Steve: you have a stronger and larger grasp on Pokemon than I do; that being stated I will have to from my perspective respectfully disagree with regards to adding $1-$2 to that card.

I will take the opposite stance and will say it deducts/subtracts from the value of a card if there is a mis-cut.

For many collectors not just those of us that end up grading cards but those that simply put the cards in binders or screw cases see mis-cut cards not as curious oddities but as nightmarish abominations! Mis-cuts are eye-sores no matter how rare uncut cards is near impossible unless it's a really rare card.

Could you imagine any really rare card from our collections that would end up being mis-cut!? For me who sends everything I have to be graded that would be just awful. mis-cuts are and therefor should only drop in value from a standard cut.

Although I guess some people like mis-cut cards I could never understand why though.

I really do not think that it will be of much value, maybe $5 more, and there are a lot of the medals popping up that are like this but put it on ebay and see what happens.

My medal I just won today was like your miscut one, almost exactly if not exactly, maybe it was just a bad batch. Value? Depends on the person, some see it as a bonus, others a detraction, some don't care either way.

I can only speak for myself, but as a buyer, I would pay LESS for a miscut card as opposed to more. Some errors could potentially make a card more valuable - but not any type of error that takes away from the visual appeal of the card. Any type of error that fits in that category I think of as a negative.

I can only speak for myself, but as a buyer, I would pay LESS for a miscut card as opposed to more. Some errors could potentially make a card more valuable - but not any type of error that takes away from the visual appeal of the card. Any type of error that fits in that category I think of as a negative.

I agree. I think it lose's value if anything:frown:

Mine is the same and it looks really bad when you look at the back. Up to you but yu could ask POP to replace it?

For a miscut to be worth more, it has to be a dramatic miscut, going across more than one card. This is not that dramatic

Nope, once again, I was seeing, out of my batches, at least 4-5 miscuts.

Certainly a value detractor.

The valuable miscuts are those in which you can see parts of 2 pictures on one of the cards, and the like.

Simply "losing the border" detracts, not adds.

Vince

Back