Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mismagius Gyarados Counter?

readmyusername

I am thinking about going to tournament for the first time and hear that Gyarados is huge right now with Junk Arms and Rescue energy, and I was wondering if Mismagius would work as a counter against Gyarados with Upper Hand, locking Gyarados's Tail Revenge slowing knocking it out. I have already thought of a few problems with this but I have never been to a tournament so I don't really know what things could go wrong or go right. Any thoughts?

yeah pretty much. Other than that, if you can keep up a constant judge and trainer lock, you can see that as a viable counter. But it's not that practical

try out turtwig gl + expert belt + Landmyn X for a Gyara counter. Big things come in small packages. ;)

You need two powered up turtwigs, a leveled up bench sitter, and two expert belt for that "trick" to work, otherwise they regimove out of it or OHKO you. GL beating anything else in the format, btw.

You need two powered up turtwigs, a leveled up bench sitter, and two expert belt for that "trick" to work, otherwise they regimove out of it or OHKO you. GL beating anything else in the format, btw.

er well, not to flirt off topic too much, but if your hand is locked, discarding two cards a pop will make anyone cry. Also, I do not have to have two turtwigs set up with e-belt for my "trick" to work, it is much more versatile than that. One option is power spray, another option is jirachi rr, i could keep going but i dont want carpel tunnel my man. I wish i could play you so you could see! Turtwig is best served hot, so you would naturally disagree with it ;)

And thanks i think, i just beat a sablelock last night!

Last edited:
er well, not to flirt off topic too much, but if your hand is locked, discarding two cards a pop will make anyone cry. Also, I do not have to have two turtwigs set up with e-belt for my "trick" to work, it is much more versatile than that. One option is power spray, another option is jirachi rr, i could keep going but i dont want carpel tunnel my man. I wish i could play you so you could see! Turtwig is best served hot, so you would naturally disagree with it ;)

And thanks i think, i just beat a sablelock last night!

Ah, so 3 SPs, benched lv x, two belts, two powered turtwigs, and active jirachi RR.....you're only worsening your point.

GL against anyone without a brainstem! GL against anything non-gyarados!

Ah, so 3 SPs, benched lv x, two belts, two powered turtwigs, and active jirachi RR.....you're only worsening your point.

GL against anyone without a brainstem! GL against anything non-gyarados!

He is right. Turtwig cant beat anything that isnt a bad Gyarados.

So... if yer playing... um....turtwig tank... what's your plan against machamp, charizard, gigas, healix, anything with blaziken fb, anything with luxray, a decent gyrados, lostgar, vilegar, or any player with a ranking above 1550?

Sorry but it's success is just unrealistic

So... if yer playing... um....turtwig tank... what's your plan against machamp, charizard, gigas, healix, anything with blaziken fb, anything with luxray, a decent gyrados, lostgar, vilegar, or any player with a ranking above 1550?

Sorry but it's success is just unrealistic

ohhh boy, Turtwig GL is just too much to take in for you guys!

I am not saying it would be easy, and i am saying that anything with fire in it or SF machamp wont fare too well for the green guy. but overall, i think turtwig, played intellegently, can actually have a favorable advantage against donphan and gyarados and perhaps others yet to be tested. I am not so sure about luxchomp, power spray has limited effectivity, and i would have to bench shield my shaymin lvl x or vespiqueen it, but i would like to test it to see if it does stand a chance.

turtwig is the underdog people! I am in no way saying he is BDIF, but (with careful play and tinkering) rather a concentrated counter to the 2nd BDIF - gyarados

/endrant

ohhh boy, Turtwig GL is just too much to take in for you guys!

I am not saying it would be easy, and i am saying that anything with fire in it or SF machamp wont fare too well for the green guy. but overall, i think turtwig, played intellegently, can actually have a favorable advantage against donphan and gyarados and perhaps others yet to be tested. I am not so sure about luxchomp, power spray has limited effectivity, and i would have to bench shield my shaymin lvl x or vespiqueen it, but i would like to test it to see if it does stand a chance.

turtwig is the underdog people! I am in no way saying he is BDIF, but (with careful play and tinkering) rather a concentrated counter to the 2nd BDIF - gyarados

/endrant

This is sounding like Beedrill G all over again.

This is sounding like Beedrill G all over again.

This guy is trolling. In his other thread, he mentions never having played in an event, playing less than a year, etc. He either knows nothing of what he's talking about (contributing to the "new player ignores experienced player mentality" polluting the gym), or he is simply trying to get a rise out of other players by posting about turtwig in each thread he visits through trolling.

This guy is trolling. In his other thread, he mentions never having played in an event, playing less than a year, etc. He either knows nothing of what he's talking about (contributing to the "new player ignores experienced player mentality" polluting the gym), or he is simply trying to get a rise out of other players by posting about turtwig in each thread he visits through trolling.

maybe its a combination of both. ;)

nah, i'll stop guys. I am feeling rather depressed as i just got shankified by a magnezone deck.

turtwig...is a pipe dream i am sad to say. Unless i find a better way to manage him well.

Waiting till the hopefully RR-on format next. Then he might be better.

and Austino, don't get your pants in a jangle, i have only commented on two threads (one of them being mine!)

gosh darn guys

Last edited:
Back