Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

missed worlds by 1 spot.........3rd aternative......grinders report

ShiftryMaster9

Ok the couple of weeks before worlds i was still desiding on which deck to play i jumped from flygon weavile to gengar to machamp tech and back to flygon weavile so i choose flygon wealive because i now how to play it better then the other decks.

i get up at 5 and start to drive down to san dieago and wen i get there i turn i my reg. form then head over to where all of the socal people are hanging out so i played luxape....win then played gengar....win then played machamp and win so i feel very comfortable with my choise for grinders.......
sorry i forgot all of the names of the people i played in the torny....

Division: seniors
Torny: Grinders
Rounds: 8
Deck: fylgon weavile

Round 1: Mirror
i look at my hand and i see sneasile, BTS, weavile, and tapinch 2 energy and rare candy and im like yes!!!!!!!!!!!
so i go 2nd attaching an energy to sneasile played BTS evolved into weavile and shadow charged my trapinch and ended my turn. He attaches to his lone baltoy and evoles into claydol and cosmic powers and draws nothing and he passes.....i draw into flygon candy trapinch to flygon and attach an energy to it, retreat weavile and send up flyogn and attack it for 80!!!!!......benched claydol plus a specail darkness energy!!!!!!!!FTW........GG

1-0

Round 2: Galactics toolbox w/ luxay tech
he starts with luxray and me w/ sneasile attach to it and attack for 30 because of speaciel dark and 2 heads on double slap....he attaches to luxray and passes i draw into bebes and use it to find weavile and play it. i attach an energy to it and KO luxray with chip off for 50. hes poed he only has a stunktank on the bench he brinds it up and passes....i draw and play down trapinch attach an energy to it and attack with weavile for 50 he draws dead and passes i attck it for the win!!!!!GG

2-0

Round 3:gengar from malaysia
i forgot this game but i remember that it came down to 1-1 prizes and i kill his last gengar and he rolls the dice for fainting spell and gets tails....im so releaved becuase i hate sudden death.....GG

3-0

Round 4: canadian guy with machamp luxray
i start with............wat? unown g???NOOOOOOO i get nothing and after 2 turns eh kills me with lux X.....GG

3-1

Round 5: japanese girl with luxape
she gets nothing the whole game and i got a GOD turn 2 setup!FTW

4-1

Round 6: girl with tangrowth septile
this is the most random deck i can ever amagine to be played at grinders.....i get an ok start vs. her god setup ugh she snipes turn 2 everything on my bech and i lost.....

4-2

Round 7: AMU
ugh i got a uxie start with nothing in my hand and i kept getting nothing he knoked me out with uxie and azelf...gg

4-3

Round 8: gengar
i destroy his ok set up with flygon claydol and weavile FTW.......GG

5-3

they said garented top 30 plus 4 alternates i look and im 33rd...3rd alternate ugh! they told me to come back here at 8:30 to see if the alternates made it soo i get home fall asleep get u and go back down to san diego i get there and wait fro a half an hour and they called all seniors alternates to the stage and they said only 2 make it in......i felt soo depresed but they gave me and the 4th alt the welcome bag to worlds to make up for us not getting in. i get the great ball playmat and electivire X in the packs.....o well
next year i guess!!!!!

props:
EDMUND GETTING 6TH AT THE WORLDS!!!!!!
getting welcome bag
going 5-3
flygon:colorless
weavile:dark:

slops:
not making it by 1!!!!!
edmund losing in top 8 worlds
me getting unown g start and uxie start:nonono::nonono::nonono::confused::frown::eek:

Last edited:
YEAH TD i got kicked by the guy who had GOD STARTS starting with top 32 getting against me t2 mewtwo x BOTH GAMES IN FLYGON AUTOLOSS but i tried

I feel you man.... I was Bubble Boy in Master Flight 1, UnLucky 13 of 12. My Flygon/Nidoqueen dominated for a 6 wins against strong players.

One of my losses was a Sableye - Crobat - Dark Energy Donk Tranpinch Donk... I didn't even get to draw a card.
Another was a full game Palkai Lock, which was a legit. (The sableye donk was legit, since that is clearly a possibility with that deck.)

I feel for you, I did the same thing in 2007 in Hawaii. I was 8th with 7 spots to get in. started out 4-0 beating 3 of the people that made it then lost to two others that did as well. Kind of dissapointing.

Anyways good job. :thumb:

Back