Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Missouri States March 16th at Yeti Gaming - Crestwood Missouri

meganium45

March 16th, 2013 at Yeti Gaming in Crestwood, Missouri
361 Watson Plaza
Crestwood, MO 63026

www.yetigaming.com (no info up yet, I am sure...it will be coming)
also check out STLPokemon on facebook

8:30 am registration begins

10:00 am registration ends

Free Pizza for all after round 2 (limited lunch break since I am feeding you!!)

Plenty of other food around the area (Shop n Save Grocery Store, Jack in the Box, Mexican, Chinese in the plaza)

Come join us for an elite party with elite people.

Looking to buy all cards
Older cards especially needed (Neo Era through Legendary Collection REALLY needed)

See you all there!!

Vince -

Nope, date not changing, location not changing....

Can't wait to see you all there.

We had circumstances that locked us in to this date, which I have already explained to my friends across the states.

I do look forward to seeing you all there.

Vince

I've heard rumors this may end up being 2 days, but you say it is still a one day event here. Which is the case? I need to know if I can actually attend this or not.

We are going 2 days in Missouri.

With the Regionals Number - and the number of masters, we anticipate, we think this could go to 11:00+ starting at 11:00 which is WAY too late of day for me, or for the player base once we think about it.

Vince

We are going 2 days in Missouri.

With the Regionals Number - and the number of masters, we anticipate, we think this could go to 11:00+ starting at 11:00 which is WAY too late of day for me, or for the player base once we think about it.

Vince
Alright. Sadly that means I can't attend, but good luck to those that do!

It is what it is.

I feel much better about you staying overnight for day 2, then trying to grab a bite to eat, then driving multiple hours home after midnight, until the wee hours of the morning.

I just see us setting ourselves up for bad things to happen.

OH - SIDE NOTE -

For those of you who have not heard the announcement -

The Head Judge of this event will be Nick Lewis.

Nick is a league leader who has judged just about every event I have thrown at him, and handles everything with professionalism and class.

Nick was the co-mastermind behind the pre-registration for our Regional, and instrumental in setting up the hive for the Regional, a good friend, a 5 star judge and a 5 star guy!!!

He understands the game at the highest level, his children being Worlds competitors in years past.

Congratulations NICK!!

Vince

I totally understand, Vince. No disrespect intended and if it felt that way I'm sorry. I recognize that for most people the 2 day States for a States this big makes sense. It simply doesn't work out for me, and that's fine. Not everyone can have exactly what they want all the time.

It's not like I can't attend any States, so no worries!

Ya that one, that post just sounded to me like 'Since this is a 2 day event, we'll have enought time to end reg. @ 11:00 instead of 10'. Sadly, I won't be able to go. I have volleyball practice til 10. Ill stop by a bit later thought. Have fun!

Hello Everyone. After much debate, back and forth, to and fro, we finally have the Final Schedule for Missouri States.

This event is a ONE DAY Event!!

When: Saturday March 16th, 2013

361 Watson Plaza, Crestwood MO 63126
www.yetigaming.com

Saturday- 8:30-10:00 am You must be in line by 10:00. Those not in line will receive round 1 game loss.

Players can Pre-register at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17rA1-dbxhzXwTucmZQQwh46MjaDWywzfN_p04-AOJ-U/viewform

COST: FREE

FORMAT: Constructed, Modified Format, Swiss rounds. Top Cut are single elimination finals. The Top cut will depend on the total attendance in each age division, with a maximum of Top 16

Players taking part in Play! Pokémon tournaments are grouped by age division. The divisions are:

Junior Division: Players born in 2002 or later
Senior Division: Players born in 1998, 1999, 2000 or 2001
Masters Division: Players born in 1997 or earlier

WHAT to BRING:

Tournament Legal Deck, Tournament Supplies, money for incidentals

Player ID (PoP ID) (if a player does not have an ID, one can be obtained at the Tournament

Decklist
All players are required to have a completed decklist. Forms can be found at the event, at Yeti Gaming or downloaded at :
http://pokegym.net/decklist/

More details on side events and fun coming soon.....

Last edited:
I thought the max top cut for states was 16?

They have discretion. Most opt for t16 for time/venue/staff/attendance reasons. Thats an hour+ off the day. Not insignificant when these things can go til 10-11 at night.

---------- Post added 03/07/2013 at 06:52 AM ----------

Or at least; so I've been informed.

Could you guys plz let Nick know that I think I broke his system again? I don't think you want what happened at Regionals happen at States again...

Back