Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mizugorou Deck (Swampert EX/Suicune Deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre

<a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p
Mizugorou is the name of Mudkip in Japan so yeah...

Pokemon(22):
4x Mudkip
2x Marshtop
3x Swampert (Water Call)
2x Swampert EX
3x Suicune EX
2x Skitty
2x Delcatty
4x Dunsparce

Trainers(20):
4x POR
4x Rare Candy
4x Oracle
4x Pokemon Reversal / TV Reporter
2x Switch / Warp Point
2x Crystal Shard

Energy (18):
18x Water

Its sets up like a Blaziken deck but follows through with more solid damage. Its really rather strait forward, but I would like any suggestions. Thanks.

Edit: -2 Fisherman, +2 Ditto (Rayquaza Tech)

Edit #2: Shard > Ditto

Edit #3: Pokemon Reversal has been reversed!

Last edited:
just my opinion....-1 swampert ex, -3 petm, -1 switch, -2 energy
+4 tv reporter, +1 warp point, +2 swampert

the tv reporter speeds up kitty/oracle
you need 3-4 swampert to set up 2-3 consistently
the crystal shard is good...the ditto might be better in a rayquaza matchup
early game......test and find out....
1 switch 1 warp point can help in a number of situations.....

the key is to set-up as fast as blaziken and to beat the rayquaza.....
you have one less evolution....but.....must put energy on active pokemon....

you could also use archie/walrein combo.....

PETM is my person style. I rather guarantee an early Delcatty or something I really need over the risk of just 3 cards. And Oracle/TV Reporter is too slow.

I play tested and Shard is much better then Ditto. That came from the need for bench space.

Swampert EX is a main attacker. Having a single of it in the deck would slow it down too much. And you really don't need to have more then 2 normal Swamperts at a time. That is unless you want to deal 90 instead of 80 a turn with Suicune. But to me thats not enough to get me to add another Swampert.

Yeah Warp Point. Yeah...

Oh and the Archie/Walrein combo would slow this down as well b/c drawing a basic with pretty much the same attack and stats (Ignore the EX rule) is better then drawing the stage 2 version and not being able to play it. Archie makes it too situational.

Last edited:
the kitty/tv reporter/oracle combo is one of the fastest trainer engines out
there........just look at any good blaziken deck.....with it you won't
need petm.....

if you want to have 2 swampert's running then you will do better
with at least a 3/2 ratio or you will end up with 1 or 2 swamperts
in your prizes and a long(short) game on your hands.....look
at the better gardy decks as an example.....

yeah, take it from me, one who plays a very similar deck that 3-2 is the line that you need...

PETM is a wasted supporter in my opinion, i'd go with tv reporter

another thing, SCEPTILE will eat this deck alive..... tech in something like latias or something of that nature that can at least fight back vs grass....

well have fun with the deck and good luck with it

Physics Squirrel said:
I'd stay away from Seer. For a supporter, the 1 or 2 energy it gets reeeealy isn't worth it.
Well early in the game when you don't have an energy in the discard to get them back with Fisherman,you can use seer and pull them out of your deck.

Updated the deck. Now this deck CAN go toe for toe with a typical Blaze EX deck. Both decks feature basically Gust/OHKO. But this deck has the advantage of having Blaze EX weakness.

Suggestions?

I like it I like it !! Only because I run the exact same deck cept..

-1 marhstomp
-4 pokemon reversal (no offense, i hate flipping)
+2 warp point
+3 professor birch (<33 the draw, expecially when you cant affrod to discard energy

Last edited:
with 8 draw cards in ur new version, u aint getting anywhere, try and fit 4 tv reporter, and u definately need a latis to gith sceptile

-MuD

Hero: Thanks, I've been play testing this version vs. JohnYoung06's Blaze/Ray/EX deck and it goes toe for toe. I would gust up a central part to the set up and KO it. Thus slowly breaking it down.

I know the draw is a bit low. But delcatty/Oracle is all I need. Both early game and late game.

I play a similar deck, except that I don't have the Suicune ex's, so I play Latias ex. I generally can get out Swampert and Latias ex by the 3rd turn, doing 100 damage. And a Magneton shortly thereafter to recycle the energy. I need to add a Suicune ex, but I don't have any. And I only have 2 Swamperts :x

I think this deck is very good but needs atleast 2-3 swampart ex because it is the main attacker. Also your going to run out of energy for swamparts water fall if you use delcatty so i would suggest maybe dropping it (you would only be able to use water call 1-2 rimwa), if you keep delcatty in which probable is a good idea you need cards to get back energys in your graveyard like fisherman.

I love it Kyogre. Beautiful deck.

Good bye Blazex, plz chk out my Gardex/Delcatty deck, Im trying to find a fun way to kill blazex too :D

OMG >_<

You keep saying.........
Both decks feature basically Gust/OHKO

and......

I would gust up a central part to the set up and KO it. Thus slowly breaking it down.

How are you gusting up their main attacker in the early stages and KOing them????????? I don't get it. Pokemon Reversal is used as the current text release on the newest card. If that makes sense? The reRelease in R&S says that "your opponent chooses who to switch the active with, not you.... You cant play the card as it's written in Expedition. So they will just send up a sacrificial lamb, NOT their their central part to the setup.

Now, I COULD be a total idiot if I'm wrong and I accept that....I'm sorry. But aren't I right?????

Psyduck said:
OMG >_<

You keep saying.........

and......

How are you gusting up their main attacker in the early stages and KOing them????????? I don't get it. Pokemon Reversal is used as the current text release on the newest card. If that makes sense? The reRelease in R&S says that "your opponent chooses who to switch the active with, not you.... You cant play the card as it's written in Expedition. So they will just send up a sacrificial lamb, NOT their their central part to the setup.

Now, I COULD be a total idiot if I'm wrong and I accept that....I'm sorry. But aren't I right?????

They changed reversal... I still think it's bad though lol.

YoungJohn06: Yeah, its still flippy but every little bit helps. And its going to average out to 2 of them working and that should be enough to disrupt them enough to maybe win the game.

Now that I'm done feeling lik3 an idiot......

You're right YJ, I still think it's bad 2...lol

The deck does look good though, so g/l wit it!

Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back