Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MM's Sedalia GC Report

Metal Master

Alrighty, here we go with a report in a long time from me. Been busy with stuff so I didn't get it up until now. So, I got up early last Sunday to drive down to Sedalia. I was playing Queendom with some changes that did help. Here's the list:

Pokemon: 21
4 Nidoran
3 Nidorina
4 Nidoqueen
3 Pidgey
2 Pidgeotto
3 Pidgeot
1 Feebas HL
1 Milotic

Trainers: 25
4 Rare Candy
4 Desert Ruins
4 Copycat
4 Celio's
3 Great Ball
2 Steven's
2 Briney's
1 ATM Rock
1 Admin

Energy: 14
6 Grass
3 Fighting
2 Holon GL
3 DRE

Needed some work, but overall not too shabby. I couldn't get a second Admin so I teched in an ATM Rock. So I'm there at about 10ish, and we start around noon. I talk to some people and such(thanks to Orange Soda for the 2 Desert Ruins that I needed!)

Round 1 vs. Brandon O. (Various HP Pokemon)
Seemed like a player who started the game recently. He starts with a lone Oddish, me with a Nidoran. I get a Queen set up turn 3(thus why my deck needs help =P ) and Power Lariat for the KO. He has a Horsea by this time and then brings it up and topdecks a Seadra, buying him another turn. I take damage from burn and Combustion, putting me up to 110. I Power Lariat twice for the KO and they have no bench.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Jeff S. (LudiCargo)
LudiCargo was one of my funner match ups today. Both times I get a T1 Pidgeot. Anyways, I start with a T1 Pidgeot and pull out a T2 Queen. I start killing stuff and he ATM Rocks me, putting me back a few turns. I get set up again and own him. Note: He had 3 Celio's prized. Good game man, rematch at St. Peters? lol.
2-0

Lunch Break!!!!

Woot, my dad takes me to this burger place. It was pretty good. I got ice cream after that =D

We get back like 15 min. before we start round 3...

Round 3 vs. Zak K. (LBS)
One of 4 decks I was afraid of facing(2 LBS and 2 Venubliss in my division). I start with nothing to build off of, by the time I set up a Queen he had already Mentored and set up. He used Elemental Blast and I couldn't recover.
2-1

I still had a chance but couldn't lose again....

Round 4 vs. Keenan W. (Tyranitar/Scizor/Kingdra)
Gets a T1 Tyranitar ex against me. I start with a Nidoran and get a T2 Pidgeot. I have Queen by T3 and Power Lariat which KO's it because of weakness. They have no bench.
3-1

Round 5 vs. Paul M. (LudiCargo)
Yay, another one! I start with a T1 Pidgeot(sound familiar?) and attach a DRE to it to use Clutch. He has a Slugma and evolves it into Magcargo. I keep Clutching until I KO his Magcargo. I have a Queen which I retreat for and start KOing stuff. Note: He had 3 Ludicolo's prized.
4-1

Alright, so I make the top cut, here's what it looks like:
1 Zak K. (LBS)
2 ????? (Machamp)
3 Mason H. (Venubliss)
4 Jared W. (Queendom)

So I'm going against LBS. Again. I know there's no way I'd win this, but I might as well try.

T4 vs. Zak K. (LBS)
Game 1
We both get set up and start attacking the other, he plays his stadium first meaning I'll always be up on them. I don't remember the rest except it got down to him having a RC'd Pidgeot active, a RC'd Blastoise with 50 on it, and a Steelix with 3 energy attached on his bench. I ATM Rock him, making us both with one prize left. He needs two energys in play and has no search engine or energy attacher. Unfortunately he has a Rare Candy in his hand. GG.
0-1, 4-2

Game 2
I have a Pidgey start and have nothing to build on.
0-2, 4-3

So it wasn't too bad overall. He went on to face Machamp and won.

Props:
Me for making Top 4
My dad for taking me
Ray for an awesome event
Vince for letting me have(uh, I mean "borrow") some stuff for the deck.
Orange Soda for having 2 Desert Ruins I needed
My dad for feeding me lunch.
More Props then Slops.

Slops:
Me not going all the way. =P
The black shiny sleeves I bought not blinding anybody. I thought for sure it would get me at least one win! Lol

Just Plain Weird:
Hmm...uh..do I even have anything for this? Uh, not playing VenuBliss when there was 2 in my division was good. And uh..having my only 3 losses due to one deck.

Cya all at St. Louis where I shall not lose!

Man, sorry you had to get run by Zak...for all 3 losses...but he is now out of the field!

Mason is still in due to his 2nd in Iowa...

11-14 will be WIDE OPEN in St. Louis!!

Good luck to all...

Nice report.

M45

Back