Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MM's St. Peters CC Report

Metal Master

Alrighty, here we go!

*This is all from memory*

So by the time I left and got to Dragon King, it was 11:15. We were supposed to start at 11:30. I get my decklist and fill it out. I'm playing Speeveelution. Here's the list:

Pokémon: 17
4x Eevee UF
1x Espeon ex UF
1x Umbreon ex UF
1x Flareon ex DS
1x Jolteon ex DS
1x Vaporeon ex DS
4x Plusle DX
3x Ditto RG
1x Jirachi DX

Trainers: 24
3x Holon Farmer
3x PETM
2x Holon Mentor
1x Pokemon Retriever
1x Warp Point
1x Crystal Shard
2x Strength Charm
1x Mary's Request
1x VS Seeker
2x Copycat
2x Pokemon Reversal
1x Pow! Hand Extension
1x Surprise! Time Machine
2x Swoop! Teleporter
1x Holon Lass

Energy: 19
4x Fire
4x Water
4x Lightning
3x Darkness
4x Multi

So I get there, meet up with all 5 Thrasher Members(their own team), fill out my decklist, and wait to begin. We end up starting around 11:45-12:00.

Round 1 vs. Ryan M. (Hitmon evos/Dark Gyrados)
I've played this deck before, but not with Speeveelution. I get set up and almost have them except I run into an energy shortage that lasts the rest of the match.

0-1

Round 2 vs. Alex (Salamence)
One of the Thrasher Five, I figured I had the advantage(this one was one of the not so good ones). He gets a T2 Shelgon and Tight Jaws my Umbreon ex to death. 7 straight turns of paralyzing. Then he got a Salamence, and killed Umby ex. He takes out another eeveelution ex, and then I come back and kill it. All he has left after that are Parasect. I win.

1-1

Round 3 vs. Heather T. (Machamp/Togetic)
Ryan's sister, I played her deck at the last GC. I knew it inside and outside, so I didn't expect many surprises. I take out an early Machamp and using Espeon's Snap Tail comboed with Jolteon's Evolutionary Thunder power and Strength Charm, I take out a Machop leaving her with only Togetic and Togepi's.

2-1

Lunch Break!

Yeah, the store we were playing at sells food and drinks, so I got a bottle of Sprite, a bag of Cheez-its, and a Kit-Kat for $2.00 total. I watch some matches and stuff.

During this time, Vince was going to give away a Pikachu World Collection at the end of it. Some bags(that had everyone's pins/promos/prizes) had [L] energies with writing on them. If you pulled one, you got what was written.

I told some friends that the Pikachu World Collection would be mine. I was joking, of course.

Round 4 vs. Richard W. (Primetool)
He's running a Primetool deck, but hasn't had all of the bugs worked out yet. I finish off everything he can play.

3-1

I found out we were cutting to a Top 8 (25 players in 11-14), so I had to win to gurantee a spot.

Round 5 vs. Riq (Flareon/Porygon2/Salamence)

*Please note that up until now I haven't faced a Dragon King player. All of the above come to Gathering Ground most of the time. GG is the St. Louis league store.*

He gets nothing set up in time to try and take out my eeveelutions, so I win.

4-1

The final standings are like this(in no particular order):

Mason H. (VenuBliss)
Zak K. (Scizorgross)
Jared W. (Speeveelution)
Heather T. (Machamp/Togetic)
Richard W. (PrimeTool)
??????? (??????)
??????? (??????)
??????? (??????)

Quarter Finals vs. Richard W. (PrimeTool)
Once again I'm playing him. Richard's a cool guy.

Game 1: He has nothing. Nada. Zip. I kill him.

1-0
5-1

Game 2: He gets a Dark Slowking out to actually take some prizes, but I still come back and win.

2-0
6-1

Here's the Semi Final Match up:
Jared W. vs Mason H.
Zak K. vs ??????

Semi Finals vs. Mason H. (VenuBliss)
I really didn't want to face Mason. I knew this was over before it began.

Game 1: He gets in full force and locks me with Defense Deoxys and its Psychic Sheild. I'm doomed.

0-1
6-2

Game 2: All he has is a T2 Ivysaur poisoning my Umbreon ex. I beat it, and he can't get anything else as far as a bench goes.

1-1
7-2

Game 3: I know I wouldn't win. We dragged on, but he came out ahead again with a Defense Deoxys ex.

1-2
8-3

Finals
Zak K. vs Mason H.

Apparently, Vince and co had to be at a Christmas party an hour ago. Anyways, Mason and Zak(Mason is sometimes referred to as the other Krekeler) would go on to fight it out at the party or later. I still don't know who won. :biggrin:

I grab my prizes, and Vince put everything into ziplock bags with a few holding [L] energies with some writing on them. I picked mine, which was one of the later ones cause everyone else had just about left.

Lo and behold, I pull a [L] energy with the words....

Pikachu World Collection :clap: :clap:

If only it worked with everything............... =P

I had a lot of fun. And we can't forget......

Props:
Me for making T4. :clap:
My Dad for taking me. :smile:
Vince, for another awesome event. He is the 'Santa' in pokémon! :thumb:
Finally winning a match against Mason. :biggrin:
Bela for winning 15+. That bag will be mine!!! :tongue:
More Props than slops.

Slops:
Um.....I can't think of any. :tongue: That's a first. :eek:

Just Plain Weird:
Last week, I made a misplay where I used a RG Ditto to pull out a UF Eevee from my discard pile. Ditto had 40 HP on it.

This week, Seth does a Swoop for a Totodile. The pokemon he swooped had 50 HP on it. XD

Hope you enjoyed reading it(and if you wouldn't mind, leave a reply! =P )

Last edited:
This is kind of an old thread now, but congrats MM on getting a Pikachu World Collection like you wanted.

And for beating Mason for once. ;)

About that bag, take a number please. LOL

-Holy Star

"Onward to Collinsville!"

Holy Star vs M45 in the Collinsville finals?

LOL

Oh - and in a 2-0 match that took about 20 minutes, Zak beat Mason.

Zak K. 11-14 CC in St. Peters.

Good news kiddies...Zak K. and Andrew K. will NOT be allowed to win in Valley Park!

There is still Mason H....the "other" Krekeler....

SEE YOU ALL SOON!!!

Vince

meganium45 said:
Good news kiddies...Zak K. and Andrew K. will NOT be allowed to win in Valley Park!
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would've judged DK if I knew that. :tongue:

Bela-Don't tell me Cory wants it too. XD

MM, you wanna play?

I can see about "bribing" Rachel to let you have this one off - no hard feelings.

Thanks

Vince

meganium45 said:
MM, you wanna play?

I can see about "bribing" Rachel to let you have this one off - no hard feelings.

Thanks

Vince
Nah. I'm spoiled enough with you Vince. Besides, I'd rather judge than play at anything. Excluding Gym Challeges. =P

Though, you could convince Rachel to play...............=P

Back