Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mods please close now. thanks.

PorygonX

When i was thinking of combos for a deck i got an interesting idea and i want to know if its viable :O

here are the links to the cards involved in the combo and then i'll explain my idea...

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=41023

http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=49812

and super scoop up plus borken time space(if it isn't needed let me know). lol

basically my idea is once the setup is complete you can evolve an active snover to Abomasnow and use Below Zero to cause an auto paralysis, so since the effect only happens when he comes into play that turn i thought w/ BTS in play i can super scoop up Abomasnow(and all cards attatched), and using BTS play snover and evolve. then attatch all the returned energies w/ feraligatr's pokepower and continue. sounds a lot like Glistomb...possibly slower. idk but i just thought i'd share the idea incase it can be competitive. If Glistomb is better in every way then...i guess it just is. let me know what you think! :D

plus if it is a viable deck idea let me know how it can be set up since i fail at that. ^_^")

Last edited:
And you can spread (unless you opponent is playing a grass/water deck) and make Gatr prime's attack great after you put about 40 damage on every pokemon. Sounds good. Slow but good. To bad this can't be used next year (unless SF dosen't get rotated out).

Could be a bandwagon deck, but Gliscor gets returned to your hand automatically. This does damage, however, and doesn't require a Poké-Body. Tough to say until it's tested.

Here are some of the problems that I see with the strategy:
- Unown G prevents Paralysis from Below Zero as opposed to the paralysis from Shoot Poison of Gliscor since Gliscor's is a Poke-Power.
- Warp Point, Switch, Warp Energy and Poke-Turn removes Paralysis.
- Adding a Stage 2 line in a deck that focuses on attacking with a Stage 1 may make the deck slow, as you have to allot space for Rare Candy instead of cards that can help with consistency and speed.
- Super Scoop Up is an unreliable way to return Abomasnow to your hand. Unlike Gliscor, which has a reliable attack in Burning Poison to return it to your hand, Abomasnow doesn't have that luxury. Also, you can only use a maximum of 4 SSU (with even less of it actually working because of the flip), which may be a hindrance in maintaining the strategy throughout the match.

Although Below Zero is a nice attack (and DCE can help), it really does only a mediocre damage for the cost, with an effect that can easily be shrugged off. I guess instead of fousing on Below Zero, treat it as just an added perk.

When you set-up Feraligatr, attach Energies using Rain Dance, evolve Snover and use Below Zero. Instead of thinking to immediately return Abomasnow to your hand, just proceed to spreading until it is Knocked Out. You may want to consider adding a Floatzel GL LV. X so that after the first Abomasnow is Knocked Out, all cards will return to your hand, bring Floatzel Active, attach Energies and then Evolve with BTS. You can now then retreat Floatzel and use Below Zero for the instant paralysis, then continue to spread. Of course, Feraligatr can be a good attacker, as well.

Admittedly, having all of this can be slow to set-up and reliance on Floatzel and Feraligatr makes this very susceptible to disruption from SPs and power-lock. Unfortunately, Abomasnow doesn't really have the capabilities to be a deck similar to Gliscor/Spiritomb, because of the relatively more expensive attack cost, inability to return itself to your hand, and reliance on a Stage 2 for acceleration and to pull off Below Zero. It might be a fun deck, though, but personally, I'd rather just go with straight Feraligatr for consistency purposes (although, I find it really difficult to consider running Feraligatr because of it will have a hard time against power-locking with the return of Plox :tongue:).

Hope that helps.

okay thats what i thought. thanks, and well it was just an idea, thanks for the input and i'm just gonna stick w/ Glistomb anyway. ^^"

Please don't ask for mods to close a thread. We aren't going to close a thread on a user's request if a positive conversation could still come out of it.

Please reedit the title of this thread or a mod will do it for you.

Back