Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Monthly top deck in our gym, what's yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_A

With all the talk about top 4 decks in eon format, I thought it might be a cool idea to list the top deck each month. You don't have to put down the whole deck's contents, but you can if you like. Also, you can comment on what you think would take it down if you like. In my gym at the moment the top deck seems to be a Wailord ex/steelix/furret rogue deck with various fossils. I'm actually quite impressed with this one. :( Unfortunately it's not mine! We think with the right flips a Kecleon/ faint attack Shiftry deck with fossils will do enough damage to fix that problem.

IMO the best deck(and also my first EON) is Sharpedo/Donphan(i think iz the r/s one) and Hitmonchan EX :p You use Sharpedo/Caravanah to make sure the opponets poke gets damaged(or use Sharpedo for a big finish), use Donphan early on to do a bit of damage with its first attack, and Hitmonchan EX for a pinch, or to get rid of pesky resistance. Try it out, pretty cool deck :D
Next Shifrty(NH)/Electabuzz, the best bench killer team up there is :p. Both do 40 to bench which can eliminate some basics, or severely damage them. Now I've been just messing with this idea lately, so I don't have anything concrete.

Thanks for moving the topic for me, I wasn't sure which would be better. Now, ... I wasn't actually asking for which decks you think would be good, personally I think Gardevoir is pretty good. In actuality, I was stating which deck is currently the front runner at my gym, and asking you which one has the most wins at your gym. The reason why I'm asking is to help out in everyone's metagame. That way everyone knows what to expect. There have been no constructed tournaments under Nintendo up to this point, so any help to weed out poor choices for tournament decks will help everyone.

I don't think there is a metagame in our area, right Broken Lizard? And most of the decks arounf aren't cery stratigically based. Most are random. There are that select few though that will build some pretty harsh decks. When I saw few, I mean VERY FEW.

over here, the top deck at the last tourney, was a Slaking/Blaziken Deck, it ran pretty smoothly, even with 2 stage 2 lines. The other decks which are looking to be quite impressive, is a Blaziken/Delcatty/Ninetales deck, and a Swampert/Wailord ex/Delcatty deck. there are other rogue decks, but these i think are the top3 over here in Mexico.

In St. Louis the decks seem to always be changing. The decks that seem to be doing pretty well are Gardevoir varients, Furret/Scizor/Kingdra has been doing well, Kabutops Ex/Xatu, Shiftry is doing well, Expeditoin Gengar, and some Sceptile. As i said it always changes but i see some of those every week. Especially Gardevoir.

Aw, come on Colin. Tell Everybody who won the tourney on Saturday with Alakazam/Kecleon (not call that a good deck, chaw)

M45

Well, we don't have a league here, but I've played on the net and Blaziken looks pretty strong. I've seen it run with The Egg, Delcatty, Ridge Cargo, and Espeon. I also see that Espeon is a great card, TecH, or as a deck. I'm playing a Swarm deck with Espeon right now, with Dusclops at backup. Hope I helped out!! :)

Thanks guys, that's what we need. It's good to see such a wild variety of decks doing so well. I hope you will all consider coming back to this thread and give everyone's progess. I know I will. Any more leagues to report? Remember everyone, we're trying to get eon results for now. Our league runs a tournament every weekend regardless of how many show up, so I should be able to make a weekly report.

At our league over here at Dragons Alley(in Salem Oregon, leagues are fridays at 5PM-7PM, and "for fun" league without big prizes on tuesdays at 5PM-7PM) we also play "Unlimited", I managed to come in first(just barely) in the first months league, I did it with a combination of 3 main decks(we play "free play"), they were(in no particular order)#1. E.Dratini/Mr.Mime(jungle/Base2) deck. #2. Blastoise(Base/Base2)/Dewgong(Skyridge). #3. D.Scizor.

Sorry if you only wanted Eon decks :p .

Thanks for reading, Hope this helps :thumb: .

Here in the East side of the world, the predominant format here is unlimited for the leagues.
The decks common here are as follows:

Blastoise/Feraligator
Steelix/Sneasel
Charizard/Boost/Electabuzz
Victrebell(E-card)/
Eveelution Deck of Skyridge using Vaporeon/Flareon/Jolteon (unlimited and modified)
Delcatty/Sneasel
Sneasel and SS Dunsparce
.... I have to recall the others.

But for tournaments it is usually modified (Wizards few years back). At present my league are scheduling 2 consecutive weekly tournaments (debut for a league....I don't know)!!!! :)

Top Decks

Are League at Gamers Edge in Arizona is basically being controlled by a
Cradily/Dustox's Combo
Azumarill/ Wailord EX Combo or Azumarill/Swampert
3 different Gardevoir/Gardevoir EX Combos

At my local tourney (Winter Haven, FL), Gardevoir decks rain supreme:( But my Raindance ex deck (formerly Swampert deck) dosen't do so badly;)

I think this will be best if you tried it with people nominating decks that have been posted lately that are from the month your picking (that arent theirs), then at a certain cutt off date choose one that you like or try to have people vote on their favorite deck after youve narrowed it down a little probably down to your favorite 3 or something like that.

HYPER EEVEE said:
I think this will be best if you tried it with people nominating decks that have been posted lately that are from the month your picking (that arent theirs), then at a certain cutt off date choose one that you like or try to have people vote on their favorite deck after youve narrowed it down a little probably down to your favorite 3 or something like that.

We're not really looking for nominations, what this thread is about is: letting people know what the actual winning decks (in eon format) are from the gym you go to. Thanks to those that have commented with that in mind.

I know I called it "monthly" top deck, but I can report weekly, so, ... this week the top deck was a dustox/sceptile deck. Good job, my kecleon deck came second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back