Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Moravian state championships

Snox

Hi guys!

It is me again :eek: with another nice tournament! It is Moravian state championsips this time and we arranged a special hotel and congress hall for 100 to 150 players in Brno (the second largest czech city). Everybody is invited! :thumb: Feel free to come and to ask me any question you want. Would you come?

Moravian state championships
25.-27.2.2011
Hotel Slovan
Lidicka 23, 602 00 Brno
+420 533 422 111
[email protected]

Program

Arrival of the guests. No specific program.

26.2.2011*
09:00 – 10:30 Registration (Entrance: 5 EUR or 120 CZK)
10:30 – 11:00 Setting up, Greetings
11:00 – 12:30 First 2 rounds of Swiss
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch brake
13:30 – 16:30 Next up to 4 rounds of Swiss
16:30 – 17:00 Installation and preparation for final play
17:00 – 18:00 TOP8 limit 50 min.
19:00 – 20:00 TOP4 limit 50 min.
20:00 – 21:00 TOP2 limit 50 min.
21:00 – 21:30 Announcement of winners
21:30 – 22:00 Closing
* Time is only estimated, including time allowance..

Prizes: 108 booster packs total (+ more depending on the participation, whole devided to categories), 25 boosters for Team play, special program for novices from Czech Republic, caps, playmats, stickers, pencils, trophies :-D etc... (Special booster competitions can be organized – up to participation)
Entrance fee: 120 CZK or 5 EUR
Format: Modified
K-value: 32
Team play: TM2

Specialty: Team play
Any 5 players can register themselves as a team (must include 1 player from each age category – 1 junior, 1 senior, 1 master) The team with best combined score will win a price of 25 boosters ( = 5 boosters / player).
Score system (point system):
Each player will get points depending on his final result in the category. The score of best player in a team is halved.
Point system: 1st: 12pts, 2nd: 9pts, 3rd-4th: 6pts, 5th-8th: 4pts, 9th-16th: 2pts, 17th-32th: 1pt

10:00 – 14:00 Booster drafts for 8 players – free play.
It is possible to get a draft set for 2200 CZK / 88 EUR, including 35 booster packs (4 for each player and 2+1 as prizes) + goodies for winner (depending on disposals). Otherwise 11 EUR / 275 CZK per player. Registration ends at 11:00! You can buy whole draft set or just wait to join some other play.
Players than play anywhere and whole play system is up to their agreement. Organizer will try to provide a special game area for such purpose.

Accommodation

Hotel Slovan Brno
Lidicka 23
602 00 Brno
Web pages: www.hotelslovan.cz
email: [email protected]

Schedule: 25.-27.2.2011 Reservation deadline: 20.2.2011

Conditions!:
Players will make their reservation independently, but mentioning the phrase: POKEMON (you can write it anywhere to the email text). Only under these circumstances of the email sent to [email protected] (please put in copy the email of the organizer: [email protected]), you can get a special price:

• 1 bed room 900,- CZK/night/room (approx. 36 EUR)
  • 2 bed room1000,- CZK/night/room (approx. 40 EUR)
  • 3 bed room1500,- CZK/night/room (approx 60 EUR)
Including breakfast and VAT.

Hotel description:
The Slovan Hotel is a three-star hotel in the Brno centre with its own garages, which enables access from the car directly to the lobby, the restaurant and the halls. The Slovan Hotel is easily accessible both by car and by public transport. It is only 4 stops of the No. 1 tram from the train and bus stations.

The Hotel rooms are equipped, among others, with high speed Internet (free), satellite LCD TV and a safe.

The Slovan Hotel is a member of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants of the Czech Republic. There is an (free) Internet centre in the lobby. The Bugatti restaurant with traditional Central European cuisine is open every day (WiFi free).

There are also the Congress room, the Mirror room, the Dvoranka room, the President room
and the meeting room on the 5th floor.

There are a billiard room, a night club (disco), the Stodola restaurant, the copy centre MSD,
the sports centre ODC (spinning and cranking), the hairdressing and beauty parlour Leny,
the massage centre Gua sha, car wash and the news stand Valmont.

The hotel was built in the style of functionalism in 1928. It was designed by a renowned architect Bohuslav Fuchs and became the greatest work of Brno builder Antonín Müller.
The building was reconstructed under supervision of ing. Eliška Mayerová, a hotel architect, in 1998 – 2008.

What do you think? ;-)

Last edited:
No international player, therefore we have our own video, photo and written reports on czech pages. Maybe next year... have fun with states!

snox: are you saying that you're willing to use the 'gym to advertise for the event, but not willing to share the tourney results with the 'gym community who can't read czech? because that is what your post sounds like it is saying :(

'mom

Pokémom: I simply do not see any reason. I usually do coverage for nations, that are participated to enable them to see the results of their representatives. Otherwise it would look like weird. I wouldn't post the results of danish players or coverage of danish tournament to italian forum... it would be like LOL XD. I haven't seen any interest. And because there were no interest I hired only czech coverage guys, who did coverages on czech pages. I think this is understandable. Anyway what would you like to know then?

We got some coverage of the European Cup and had hoped to get the same on this event. Only asking for the typical coverage that we get for any event going on in the Pokemon community. There is always an interest in what is going on out there in the "Pokemon" world. Seems like if the "International" community is going to come here to advertise and get information then they can be expected to share just like the rest of us.

Am I wrong Jason?

I don't think that the 'gym mods would be happy with an explosion of foreign language posts: that is what you would get if you insist on reports. I'm always rather impressed by how much effort many international players expend to post in English rather than their first language.

Do all the USA TOs post detailed reports on their events? Or even any kind of report on their events? It is left to the players. So typical coverage would for the Czech events be many posts in Czech.

@jrwaxman: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokeworld.cz%2Fcs%2Fclanky%2Freporty%2F200-report-z-moravskeho-vikendu-a-state-by-golem&sl=cs&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8 for a report by a czech senior.

@Snox: I'd still like the links to reports, even ones in Czech as with a bit of help from Google it is possible to follow what happened.

Last edited:
There you go!

http://www.pokeworld.cz/cs/clanky/charlies-blog/199-charlieho-vikend-v-brne

http://www.pokeworld.cz/cs/clanky/reporty/200-report-z-moravskeho-vikendu-a-state-by-golem

http://www.pokeworld.cz/cs/clanky/reporty/201-prvni-clanek-od-slowpoka

Video:

http://www.livestream.com/pokeworldcz

but somehow the video is broken into 2 pieces - dunno why...TOP2 has still problems even with uploading - we are waiting for expolanation where is the problem... :-/

Photos:

http://www.pokeworld.cz/cs/turnaje/fotogalerie/State-Championships-Brno

Need to go now... just quick post from my 20 min brake at home...

Have fun ;)

Back