Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

More tourney info up at pokemon-tcg.com!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expedition-On! Nintendo Promos Only!

Yay! This is a really good decision that should allow new players a chance without restricting our options too greatly when deckbuilding.

Lots of good news here. Seems like the rating and ranking system is going to be very professional and serious. This will become at least as good as the DCI, if not better. :D

So, here we are.
Now things will change slightly.
Without Best, Elm is no more allowed, nor Electabuzz and Hitmonchan and R's Mewtwo & 'Chan..

It may be a good thing, but it will be more difficult...
We'll see... ^_^

Or to be more precise they (nearly) gave us the format that WE were going to use anyway ;)

I'm a little bit surprised that the BEST promos aren't included.. Elm is a card that really helps beginners decks and was readily available to give to new players. I don't have a stock of the alternatives that I can give away. Oh well goodye Prof Elm its been nice knowing you.

Last edited:
Ah, nuts, just after I built an E-on deck with Electabuzz... hmm... Four spaces to fill now...

It's good that they're getting a move on with info, though, this is pretty good.

Very interesting indead. It is nice to have what cards are allowed not so we can start to run santioned tournaments again. :D

Professor Oak's Research, Copycat, and Desert Shaman will have to suffice in place of Elm. To replace Bill, Bill's Maintenance or Mary's Impluse. Focus Band and Gold Berry... well that is a big loss because only Healing Berry and Oran Berry is the closest it gets. Well now that we know what is to come it is time to get to work!

mysterioustrainer said:
Focus Band and Gold Berry... well that is a big loss because only Healing Berry and Oran Berry is the closest it gets.

Lets hope maybe in future sets of something they might reprint the Focus Band, cause it is a good card to have in your deck. :nonono:

I for one cheered the death of focus band! It was killing the game single handedly

WOOT all gone!

Now what to do with 1000 reverse holo elms LOL!!!

Meganium45

this is awesome, i cant believe we got that format, now i wont have to start my all foil deck all over again :)

djcati said:
Ah, nuts, just after I built an E-on deck with Electabuzz... hmm... Four spaces to fill now...

It's good that they're getting a move on with info, though, this is pretty good.

Only four spaces? Didn't you play Elm? ;)

Well I have printed off everything on the site that they have up right now about tournaments and such. It looks like I know what I will be reading tonight when I got to bed. :) Of course it doesn't hurt to have a hard copy of it during tournaments also.

Yes, I'm glad for this format! Death to Focus Band and babies! Woohoo! I personally can't wait for sanctioned tourneys to start up soon! Nintendo, you made the right choice going with Eon!!!

Last edited:
YES YES YES YES YES YES, I KNEW it would be this.

THANK YOU NINTENDO, THIS IS THE SECOND GREATEST THING YOU HAVE DONE!

Back to the non-cap version. I was really dead set on this happening. I traded all my old cards away and stuff. I built on alot to my expedition and up sets while others tried collecting other old cards. I told everyone at my league it would happen like this. Yes, this is great. I can't believe it. The single card that could kill alot was Muk because alot of the best pokemon had powers. Now that isn't here. Professor Elm was thought to be a staple. Well guess what people, not anymore. I congradulate nintendo on a great move. Now we can have tournaments now.

meganium45 said:
I for one cheered the death of focus band! It was killing the game single handedly
i don't know about focus band killing the game....its more like killing your opponents game if you keep hitting heads. :lol:

i personally used to be a big fan of gold berry, but after seeing the true power and damage a focus band can do...i was convinced focus was the way to go. i guess with focus and babies (power) now out of the picture, possible game winning flips are a thing of the past................memories................. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back