Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Most damage possible in BLW-BCR?

I think I've calculated the answer, and it's 9040. You have a 1-1-1 Gardy line and 1 Mewtwo, along with 56 psychic energy. That equals up to 112 on your side of the field. Your opponent has a 1-1-1 Gardy line and 57 energy on it. That makes 114 energy on their side, for a grand total of 226 energy. That times 20 for X-Ball damage is 4520, times two for weakness is 9040. What do you guys think? Do you know of anything legal that can do more damage?

One Prize Remaining you are facing a Rayqyazza EX vs your Rayquaza EX that has one electric and 54 fire attached, you have your 1-1-1 Vileplume on your bench. You attack discarding all 54 fire energy.

60 damage X 54 energy = 3240 x 4 for Vileplume ability weakness = 12,960 damage.

I think that is the most you can do if you are doing damage based on your own energy and not considering anything attached to your opponents.

---------- Post added 01/16/2013 at 03:21 AM ----------

Good point, recalculating.

With 220 energy and a Vileplume in play, an X-Ball can do up to 17600 damage.

If you have one prize left then you must have KO'd 5 of your opponents basic pokemon so your opponents Gardeviour would have 5 less Psychic energy attached meaning 10 less energy attacheck counting the body, So I am guessing your match is correct so 10 less energy x 20 for the attack = 200 less damage x 4 for the Vileplume ability = 800 less damage so the most you can do in this senario has to be 16,800 damage if your math is correct.

Last edited:
Hmmm how about this scenario.

So you have 1 prize remaning and a Mew-ex as the active with a Gardevoir on the bench. There are 55 psychic energys attached to Mew.

Your opponent has a Darmanitan active with a Vileplume on the bench.

Mew using DarMAXitan and assuming ALL flips are heads.....

We're looking at... (55 x 2) = 110 energys. 110 Heads = 5500 damage x Vileplume ability = 22,000 damage.

Yikes did I do that right?

Pretty fun topic btw!

Hmmm how about this scenario.

So you have 1 prize remaning and a Mew-ex as the active with a Gardevoir on the bench. There are 55 psychic energys attached to Mew.

Your opponent has a Darmanitan active with a Vileplume on the bench.

Mew using DarMAXitan and assuming ALL flips are heads.....

We're looking at... (55 x 2) = 110 energys. 110 Heads = 5500 damage x Vileplume ability = 22,000 damage.

Yikes did I do that right?

Pretty fun topic btw!

Wow I think we have a winner, although I am pretty shure that the odds of getting 110 heads in a row are far greater then 1 in 22,000.

Last edited:
Wow I think we have a winner, although I am pretty shure that the odds of getiing 110 heads in a row are far greater then 1 in 22,000.

1^(2^110)
is
7.7037198e-34

Which works out to about:

0.000000000000000000000000000000007%

So what your saying cabd is that you should add a victory star Victini ;).

Great thread, but i believe Chansey wins, "continuous tumble" into infinity, no matter now many prizes or if there is a vileplume... just have a real life Victini on your side.

These threads come up here every format. Damage based on assumed flips are traditionally disallowed as if they weren't, the answer would almost always be infinity as there is always some card...

Rayquaza vs rayquaza with vileplume on board? Each energy would be doing 240

---------- Post added 01/16/2013 at 10:46 AM ----------

Also if you're playing 1-1-1 gardy and a vileplume line and a mewtwo there's no way you could have 57 energy cause that would already be 64 cards if the vileplume line was 1-1-1

So what your saying cabd is that you should add a victory star Victini ;).

Great thread, but i believe Chansey wins, "continuous tumble" into infinity, no matter now many prizes or if there is a vileplume... just have a real life Victini on your side.

Not so fast!

Mew ex using Chansey's Continuous Tumble on an active Pokemon which is weak to psychic while Vileplume is on someone's bench. It'll be infinity x 4. :p

Not so fast!

Mew ex using Chansey's Continuous Tumble on an active Pokemon which is weak to psychic while Vileplume is on someone's bench. It'll be infinity x 4. :p

You're forgetting the 4 Pluspower and the previous turn's use of Swanna, which adds 80x4 to the infinity. I was trying to figure out something with Dark Claw, but the closest I could come was Mandibuzz, which would do the same as the Mew in your example but only 60x4 more (factoring in the four pluspower)

Highest non-infinite (by my count) would be:

My Side
Active: 1 Mew EX w/55 Psychic Energy
1-1-1 Gardevoir

Opponent's Side
Active: DarMAXitan
Swanna (BW 37)
Vileplume

Setup (before the field looks as I have it above):
I'm down to 1 Prize. I draw my last card, a psychic energy, to have 4 Psychic in my hand. I attach one to Mew EX and pass. Opponent successfully uses Hooligans and passes. Draw, attach, pass, 2 cards left in deck. Opponent draws and passes. Draw, attach, use Swanna's "Feather Dance" via "Versatile". Opponent draws and passes. I draw, attach the 55th Psychic to Mew.

The Attack:
I announce that I am using DarMAXitan and flip all heads.

(55x2x50+40)x4=22160.

Well, I guess the Mew EX+Chansey thing does more than that with 184+ heads then a tails, but that is even more unlikely than 110 heads... 184 heads includes the +160 damage from the previous turn's Swanna.

Well, I see a PlusPower there in the discard. If that was an attached energy, it would have done 120 more damage (30 more x4 Weakness).

Let's see (X-Ball)...
My side setup:
Active: Mewtwo EX - 53 Energy (possible via method described in previous post)
Bench: 1-1-1 Gardevoir
Discard: 2 Mewtwo EX

Opponent's side:
Active: 1-1-1 Gardevoir - 48 Energy (60 - 9 Pokemon - 2 Prizes - 1 Hooligans)
Bench: 1-1-1 Vileplume
Discard: 2 EX Pokemon and 1 Non-EX Basic (so that I took 5 prizes off as few Pokemon as possible)

X-Ball for ((54+48)x2x20)x4=16160

Questions to look in to:
Maybe 2 Hooligans are realistically needed to limit your hand to 0 after drawing your fifth prize? This takes one more energy off their side, which means -160 damage to make the total damage 16000.

Things I considered, but found made less damage:

Revive - not put in because then you have to pay the retreat cost for Gardevoir, which lowers your energy. You could then run a Super Rod or something, but that takes away more energy cards. You could be thinking "Why not Super Rod the Mewtwo and the retreat cost energy?" - without Mewtwo on the bench, Garde can't retreat, so the retreat cost energy isn't in the discard.

Mew on your side, Swanna and Mewtwo somewhere on field - uses 3 cards for +40 base damage. That is better spent with 3 energy, which is +120 base damage because of Gardevoir's Ability.

________

Let's see (Dragon Burst)...

My Side:
Active Mew EX (1 lightning, 57 fire)

Opponent's Side:
Active: Something weak to psychic
Bench: Rayquaza EX, Vileplume, Swanna, something to copy that doesn't discard energy
Discard: 5 Prizes worth of stuff

(57x60+40)x4 = 13840

This situation is more likely because it doesn't depend as much on what is prized for each person. There are also more card possibilities for your opponent since the damage is independent of their energy. If you replace the Lighning Energy with a Prism, your opponent doesn't even need a fourth benched Pokemon - you can attack with Vileplume or Swanna's attacks to take 5 prizes.

Sorry to bring up a (slightly) old thread, but I believe I have the highest possible damage amount, where both decks aren't playing any flip cards. The decks are as follows:

Player A's Deck:
1 Mew EX
1 Durant (DRX)
1-0-1 Gardevoir

1 Rare Candy

55 Psychic Energy

Player B's Deck:
1 Mew EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1-0-1 Gardevoir
1-0-1 Vileplume

1 Rare Candy

53 Psychic Energy

The strategy is to rotate between KOs using Mew EX and Durant. For example, Player A starts by knocking out Player B's Ralts/Oddish/Mewtwo using their Mewtwo EX, and Player B's Mew copies the opponent's Durant to bring back that Pokemon, until Player A has 1 prize. The same applies for Player B's prizes. Retreat costs are nullified by Durant, because it can infinity bring back cards in your discard without losing a single card in your deck. So basically, it doesn't matter what Basic Pokemon each player starts with, as it can be retreated to Mewtwo to start the KOs and the energies can be brought back later with Durant. Both decks can effectively perform the maximum amount of damage every game played, as any Basic Pokemon can start for each deck, except the last remaining prize for both players must be a Psychic Energy. Durant cannot be replaced with an extra Energy, because taking out Durant would require more Basic Pokemon to be put in the deck, and therefore would take up more space in the deck. The Rare Candy is used in Player B's deck as Durant can recycle it to evolve both Stage 2 lines, and allows the deck to fit in another Energy, but in Player A's deck Rare Candy can be used interchangeably with Kirlia. So, with all that being said, here is how the damage calculations work out:

X-Ball's Base Damage * Weakness * Vileplume's Damage Multiplier * Gardevoir's Energy Multiplier (Player A's Energies + Player B's Energies - One Prize Remaining For Each Player)

20*2*2*2(55+53-2)

This totals 16,960. Just barely short of 17,000. :thumb:

Hmm... How do you get back that energy that was on the Durant before it was knocked out? Without that energy, that is 16800: still better than my calculations. I'm not sure exactly how each player is going to get a 0 card hand in the end-game so that their last turn is "draw energy, attach energy, 0 card hand and 0 cards in deck". Add in 1 Hooligans for one player - one player gets closer to that 0 card hand by drawing Hooligans, the other one does it by getting cards shuffled back into his deck. So now we are looking at 16640 damage - still not too shabby. The best part about the Hooligans is that you can use it as many times as you need to to get heads - luck plays little part in it.

You can in fact have 0 cards in hand and deck for both players, with all the energies onto the attacker, but it requires a specific order of KOs (although, this is easy to achieve, as retreating can put energies into your discard, and Durant can infinitely place that energy back onto the top of the deck, allowing perfect set-ups every game). The turns below have optimum set-up, but again Durant stops each player from decking out, so you can draw certain cards at any point in the game while still getting the maximum damage at the end. Btw, Oddish can be used instead of Ralts, I just picked on of them to use as the example. Also, I state the energy attachments on turns 1-4, and on turn 5 and onward it is implied that an energy is attached to Mew EX every turn for both players (just like on turns 1-4).

Turn 1: Let's assume Player B goes first. Their active Pokemon is Ralts, and has a Mew Ex and Mewtwo EX on the bench. They attach an energy to Mew and ends their turn. Player A now draws. They have a Mew EX active, with a Durant on the bench. Player A attaches an energy to their Mew as well, and ends their turn.

Turn 2: Player B attaches a second energy to Mew, and ends their turn. Player A puts a second energy on the Mew as well, and uses X-Ball on Ralts, knocking it out. Player B promotes Mew EX as the new active Pokemon.

Turn 3: Player B attach a third energy to Mew, and uses Durant's attack "Pull Out" to move Ralts to the top of the deck. During Player A's turn, they also attach a third energy to Mew and end their turn, not attacking.

Turn 4: Player B draws the Ralts, and places it on the bench. They attach an energy to Mew, and retreats the Mew to the Ralts, ending their turn. During Player A's turn, they attach an energy to Mew, and use X-Ball on Ralts again. Player B promotes Mew.

Turns 5-10: You repeat turns 3 and 4 until Player A has 1 prize card left.

Turn 11: Because Player A knocked out Ralts for the 5th time on Turn 10, it's current in the discard pile with Mew as the active Pokemon for both players now. Player B uses Durant's attack to move Ralts onto the top of the deck again to get out Gardevoir later on. During Player A's turn, they retreat their Mew EX to Ralts, and end their turn.

Turn 12+: The same pattern is done here, just like turns 3 and 4, except the roles are reversed. Once Player B has 1 prize left as well, each player simply attaches an energy to Mew and passes their turn, occasionally using Durant's attack to get any cards in the discard pile when needed, mostly just Rare Candy. So, as you can see, Durant itself never uses it's own attack, and is never knocked out, therefore your not losing any energies. Pull Out is always used with Mew EX. Once both decks are drawn out, both players should be left with zero cards in deck and in hand. On the very last turn, either player uses X-Ball with Mew EX onto the opposing Mew EX, performing 16,960 damage.

The strategy is to rotate between KOs using Mew EX and Durant. For example, Player A starts by knocking out Player B's Ralts/Oddish/Mewtwo using their Mewtwo EX, and Player B's Mew copies the opponent's Durant to bring back that Pokemon, until Player A has 1 prize. The same applies for Player B's prizes. Retreat costs are nullified by Durant, because it can infinity bring back cards in your discard without losing a single card in your deck. So basically, it doesn't matter what Basic Pokemon each player starts with, as it can be retreated to Mewtwo to start the KOs and the energies can be brought back later with Durant. Both decks can effectively perform the maximum amount of damage every game played, as any Basic Pokemon can start for each deck, except the last remaining prize for both players must be a Psychic Energy. Durant cannot be replaced with an extra Energy, because taking out Durant would require more Basic Pokemon to be put in the deck, and therefore would take up more space in the deck. The Rare Candy is used in Player B's deck as Durant can recycle it to evolve both Stage 2 lines, and allows the deck to fit in another Energy, but in Player A's deck Rare Candy can be used interchangeably with Kirlia. So, with all that being said, here is how the damage calculations work out:

X-Ball's Base Damage * Weakness * Vileplume's Damage Multiplier * Gardevoir's Energy Multiplier (Player A's Energies + Player B's Energies - One Prize Remaining For Each Player)

20*2*2*2(55+53-2)

This totals 16,960. Just barely short of 17,000. :thumb:
Player A needs to evolve one of the basics that Mewtwo kills. Otherwise it won't work. (two times if Kirila is used in place of Rare Candy)

Last edited:
Back