Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Most popular (human) characters of Pokemon

SailorClef

I already kind of have my own ideas of what people might say, but I've always wondered.. ASSUMING THE ANIME NEVER EXISTED, what characters would people pick as their favorites?

and to keep this from being a poll, please explain why u_u;;

I'll get around to posting mine later..

Start with Misty, end with Misty. I'm not even sure why I latched onto Misty so hard, but it's there. I was enraged that they took Misty out of the regular cast, and I mourned for her when she came back for the cameo appearance that only served to completely destroy her character and everything that I liked about her.

Misty 4 lyphe!

did. any. body. actually. read. what. I. said. in. that. post.?~~`1;alsdkfja;lj
a;lsdf;aldsjfa

.............u_u

what I was trying to say was "only characters from the games, WITH NO INFLUENCE FROM THE ANIME"

:dies:

Still, my vote is for Misty. In two games, she lost none of her flair, and was almost seamlessly integrated into the anime. In fact, at this point in time, I believe that she is the only main character in the GB game that has not been completely corrupted by the anime.

You see, it's almost impossible to choose characters in the game cuz they are given such a short amount of time to express themselves. Misty and Brock are really the only exceptions to this, and that's because they have been main characters in the anime.

uh...the main character from colosseum i guess.

tho, favs are usually influenced by the anime, hence the word, "anime realm."

well, i didn't know where else to put it >_>

Plus I kinda had the Pokemon Adventures manga in mind when I made the topic.. but. yeah. somebody move it if you think it should be

okay, my real fav is...i guess prof oak. he just looks funny.
if there wasn't an anime, would there even be a game?

the game came before the anime. The anime is based on the game (if only superficially).

Whitney in game and out... Anybody can give out an ultra kewl badge.... Misty's Cascade, Giovanni's Earth, Koga's Soul, Bugsy's Hive.... but only Whitney can give you the PLAIN BADGE!!! I mean look at it, its so normal and dull.... can that really be a badge, yup... the Plain Badge.

Flannery, definitely. This thought is mostly because I haven't seen any Hoenn episode, but I gotta tell you, Flannery's got it all. Well... except enough gym leader experience, but all that is forgiven by her extremely cute attitude and tomboyish wardrobe.

Bonus least favorite character: Scott, the child stalker. The sole reason I never bought the Emerald version. That child-molester grin still makes me cringe when I look at his card's artwork...

Last edited:
charking said:
Bonus least favorite character: Scott, the child stalker. The sole reason I never bought the Emerald version. That child-molester grin still makes me cringe when I look at his card's artwork...

Gee, thanks. (People tell me I look like Scott).

Hm... big mistake was if you meant the manga, you should have said that upfront.

For most of us, we know the cartoon and the games, but thats it.

Hmm... favorite character... ah... your rival's older sister? ;)

Otaku said:

Gee, thanks. (People tell me I look like Scott).

Hm... big mistake was if you meant the manga, you should have said that upfront.

For most of us, we know the cartoon and the games, but thats it.

Hmm... favorite character... ah... your rival's older sister? ;)
Woh dude, I meant no insult to anyone:frown: Sorry anyway... Besides, I wasn't talking at all about the way Scott looks. Just the way he follows your character around in Emerald. Need I remind you that you play a 10-year-old and all.

And I never read the manga:tongue:

charking said:
Woh dude, I meant no insult to anyone:frown: Sorry anyway... Besides, I wasn't talking at all about the way Scott looks. Just the way he follows your character around in Emerald. Need I remind you that you play a 10-year-old and all.

Except Pokemon Trainers get liscensed at that age, and like any talent scout, you check as young as you can find them. Or are all college coaches who attend HS games also suspected pedophiles?

I just can't win this arguement, can I? And for everyone: the above was a parody entended soley for humor.

charking said:
And I never read the manga:tongue:

Sorry I wasn't clear: that was directed at the thread author.

Otaku said:
Except Pokemon Trainers get liscensed at that age, and like any talent scout, you check as young as you can find them. Or are all college coaches who attend HS games also suspected pedophiles?
I'm not trying to argue. Sorry again.

And I, being totally oblivious to the outside world, had no idea what talent scouts do. I know, it's pretty obvious... I just never thought about it before. So yeah, you're prolly right about that.

you can't let your 10 yr old kid go out into the world in real life, he/she is gonna get mugged. or other things you don't want to happen.........so pokemon shows what kids want to think the world is like...

Back