Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MST (Magcargo-Steelix ex-Tyranitar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm sure this has been posted before, but I thought why not shed a little more light on it. I think it was immediately ruled off as a bad deck and I want to show you why it could work really well. So lets look at the list.

MST

Pokemon: 25

2 Larvitar -DS
1 Pupitar -DS
2 Tyranitar -DS
3 Slugma -DX
3 Magcargo -DX
2 Onix -UF
2 Steelix ex
4 Jirachi -DX
3 Holon Electrode
3 Holon Magneton

Trainers: 25

3 Rare Candy
4 PETM
2 Holon Scientist
2 Holon Mentor
4 Holon Tranciever
2 Rocket's Admin.
2 Copy Cat
4 Holon Ruins
2 Pokemon Retriever

Energy: 10

2 Metal
5 Fire
3 Fighting

-Ok, you might be thinking "this deck is weird" but just bear with me for a minute. Lets look at the cards that make this deck run.

Tyranitar (Delta Spececies)-Fire/Steel
HP-120

Poke-Power-Crush Draw

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may reveal the top card of your deck. If that card is a basic energy card, attach it to 1 of your pokemon. If not, put the card back on the top of your deck. This power can't be used if Tyranitar is affected by a special condition.

RMC-Delta Crush 50+

You may discard an energy attached to Tyranitar. If you do, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage.

Weakness-:grass:
Resistant-None
Retreat Cost-2

-This cards Power can be very useful, but I'm about to show you why it’s essential in this deck.

Pokemon

Magcargo-Fire
HP-80

Poke-Power-Smooth Over

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a card. Shuffle your deck, then put that card on the top of your deck. This power can't be used if Magcargo is affected by a special condition.

C-Knock Over 10

You may discard any stadium card in play.

RCC-Combustion 50

Weakness-Water
Resistance-None
Retreat Cost-3

-This Cards power has allways been very useful in the game, seeing how you will get any card you want next turn. But look at Tyranitar's Power again. It if the card you reveal is a basic energy card, you may attach it to one of your pokemon. This means you will be able to place 2 energy's per turn! And with Magcargo backing you up, you will always reveal a basic energy card. That’s really cool. But that’s not all. This next card is what will wipe your opponent off the board.

Steelix ex-Steel
HP-150

Poke-Body-Poison Resistance

Steelix ex can't be poisoned.

MCC-Metal Charge 70

Put 1 damage counter on Steelix ex.

FFCC-Mudslide

Discard 2 :fighting: energy attached to Steelix ex and choose 1 of your opponent's pokemon. This attack does 100 damage to that pokemon. (Don't aply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon).

Weakness-Fire/:fighting:
Resistance-:grass:/:lightning
retreat Cost-5

-This deck's strategy is very similar to that of LBS's strategy. Because you are able to attach 2 energy per turn, you will be able to attack with Steelix ex every turn, and doing 100 damage to any pokemon you want every turn is incredible! Getting all this done quickly is were Holon Electrode and Magneton come in. After using Smooth Over combined with Crush Draw all you need to do is place either Holon Electrode or Magneton onto Steelix ex. This will not only give Steelix ex 2 energies, but it will also provide the 2 :fighting: energy he needs to attack. And after they finally manage to KO your Steelix ex (if they do) you will have either another Steelix ex or a Tyraniter to back you up. Steelix ex's First attack isn't horrible either. If you’re running out of energies, it might be your only option.

Jirachi-Metal
HP-60

Poke-Power-Wishing Star

Once during you turn (before you attack), if Jirachi is your active pokemon, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose 1 of them and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Jirachi and your other active pokemon, if any, are now asleep. This power can't be used if Jirachi is affected by a special condition.

MC-Metallic Blow 20+

If the defending pokemon has any poke-bodies, this attack does 20 damage plus 30 more damage.

Weakness-:fire:
Resistance-:grass:
Retreat Cost-1

-This is obviously going to be your preferred starter. Wishing Star will give you a much bigger chance to get out Holon Mentor and/or what ever else you need to get a quick start. His attack, Metallic Blow, can also be very helpful in the late game. Doing a possible 50 with a basic is very nice.

Trainers

Rare candy: Obviously this is here to give you a quick Tyranitar/ any other pokemon. But because there is only 1 stage 2 line in this deck 4 wasn't needed.

Professer Elm's Training Method: This is here to find and evolved pokemon needed quickly, but remember it can also be used to get a Holon's Electrode or Magneton.

Holon Scientist/Tranciever/Mentor: This combination of cards work really well together. Because Holon tranciever can grab any Holon supporter, you are really playing 6 Holon Mentor and 6 Holon Scientist, if you look at it from a different perspective.

Holon Ruins: It was really hard to decide which stadium to use, but after testing I found that Holon Ruins is much more effective. I was thinking of playing Power tree, but I realized that it wouldn't do me much good. Sense you will be discarding your Holon Electrodes and Magnetons and not your basic energies, you will never have any use for it and playing Holon Ruins will let you draw the cards you need faster.

Rocket's Admin./Copy Cat: These are here to get the cards you need faster. But these cards will also let you Shuffle your basic energies back into your deck, allowing you to use Smooth Over/Crush Draw a few more times.

Pokemon Retriever: I choose this instead of Holon Farmer for 2 reasons. First, it will give you the option to take 1 back to your hand instead of forcing you to shuffle 3, and second it is not a supporter. That means you can shuffle 3 and use a PETM to get it back out. That has helped me more then a couple times in the late game.

Match ups

Powdacham: This deck will be the most difficult to beat. Because Powdacham shuts off your powers, you won't be able to use your Smooth Over/Crush Draw strategy. You will have to focus on using Tyranitar and Magcargo over Steelix ex. Because Steelix ex is weakness to :fighting: he will be more of a last resort. But as long as you careful, you should be ok.

Rock-Lock: The only thing that would cause you a problem in this deck is that fact that Steelix ex is weakness to :fighting:. But as long as you play your cards right you shouldn't have a problem taking this deck down.

LBS: This deck shouldn't be too hard to beat. Because Lugia ex only has 100 HP you can KO it in one turn with Steelix ex. And this deck should start up faster then LBS because of Jirachi, so you should be ok.

SMP: This should also be an easy matchup. Metagross and Pidgeot only have 100 HP and SMP usually has out 2 Metagross, if not 3. That in mind you will get 3 easy KO's and Prizes.

Queendom: This might be a little more difficult. Because Queen has 120 HP You can't KO in one hit. And Milotic will be very annoying. The trick in beating this deck is to focus on taking out their Pidgeot as soon as possible. With out Pidgeot they will have a hard time setting up. then it should be easier to take out their pokemon.

MetaNite:This match will probably be your easiest matchup. Because all their pokemon have a maximum HP 100 they won't be able to hide from Steelix ex. It shouldn't take you long to completely wipe out their pokemon.

ZRE: Again, another easy matchup. Rayquaza ex only has 100 HP, and you are Resistant to Lighting. They won't have a prayer once you get out Steelix ex.

LudiCargo: Once again, another easy match up. None of there Pokemon have an HP of over 100. This means you can snipe out whoever you so please with Steelix ex. And because of your quick start up they won't have time to come back.

AL: You should be ok against this as long as you are careful. As long as your start up is quick, you just need to KO their Weezing before they have a chance to use the combination. You don't need to worry about Victreebell because Steelix ex is Resistance to Grass.

TyRoot:This is going to be very difficult to beat. I think either player can win depending on you Start up speed. Steelix ex is weakness to Typhlosion and Tyranitar won't do anything, but give them enough damage to KO you with Rage. Your only hope is to start up quickly and work fast to KO their Typhlosion lines.

Well there it is. Please LMK of any questions or comments on MST. Please though, if nothing else, LMK if you like it or not. I will really appreciate any comments whether its to bring it up or to tear it down.

-Slash

Last edited:
My fixes
-4 fire
+4 fighting

You need fighting on the Steelix and if you can't get out the holon poke's then you will have a problem otherwise nice job.

Slash in the sand said:
Holon Research Tower: It was really hard to decide which stadium to use, but after testing I found that Holon Research Tower is much more effective. I was thinking of playing Power tree, but I realized that it wouldn't do me much good. Sense you will be discarding your Holon Electrodes and Magnetons and not your basic energies, you will never have any use for it and playing Holon Research Tower makes it easier to attack with either Steelix ex's first attack or Jirachi's attack or Tyranitar's attack.

How can it be easier to attack with Steelix ex first attack or Jirachis attack, when Holon Research Tower only makes basic energies to Metal type on Delta Pokemon?

oops lol.... did I say that? I'll change it right now..

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Ok, I changed it to Ruins. I was tired today. Give me some grace.

Last edited:
Slash in the sand said:
Hey, I'm sure this has been posted before, but I thought why not shed a little more light on it. I think it was immediately ruled off as a bad deck and I want to show you why it could work really well. So lets look at the list.

MST

Pokemon: 25

2 Larvitar -DS
1 Pupitar -DS
2 Tyranitar -DS
3 Slugma -DX
3 Magcargo -DX
2 Onix -UF
2 Steelix ex
4 Jirachi -DX
3 Holon Electrode
3 Holon Magneton

Trainers: 25

3 Rare Candy
4 PETM
2 Holon Scientist
2 Holon Mentor
4 Holon Tranciever
2 Rocket's Admin.
2 Copy Cat
4 Holon Ruins
2 Pokemon Retriever

Energy: 10

2 Metal
5 Fire
3 Fighting

-Ok, you might be thinking "this deck is weird" but just bear with me for a minute. Lets look at the cards that make this deck run.

Tyranitar (Delta Spececies)-Fire/Steel
HP-120

Poke-Power-Crush Draw

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may reveal the top card of your deck. If that card is a basic energy card, attach it to 1 of your pokemon. If not, put the card back on the top of your deck. This power can't be used if Tyranitar is affected by a special condition.

RMC-Delta Crush 50+

You may discard an energy attached to Tyranitar. If you do, this attack does 50 damage plus 20 more damage.

Weakness-:grass:
Resistant-None
Retreat Cost-2

-This cards Power can be very useful, but I'm about to show you why it’s essential in this deck.

Pokemon

Magcargo-Fire
HP-80

Poke-Power-Smooth Over

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may search your deck for a card. Shuffle your deck, then put that card on the top of your deck. This power can't be used if Magcargo is affected by a special condition.

C-Knock Over 10

You may discard any stadium card in play.

RCC-Combustion 50

Weakness-Water
Resistance-None
Retreat Cost-3

-This Cards power has allways been very useful in the game, seeing how you will get any card you want next turn. But look at Tyranitar's Power again. It if the card you reveal is a basic energy card, you may attach it to one of your pokemon. This means you will be able to place 2 energy's per turn! And with Magcargo backing you up, you will always reveal a basic energy card. That’s really cool. But that’s not all. This next card is what will wipe your opponent off the board.

Steelix ex-Steel
HP-150

Poke-Body-Poison Resistance

Steelix ex can't be poisoned.

MCC-Metal Charge 70

Put 1 damage counter on Steelix ex.

FFCC-Mudslide

Discard 2 :fighting: energy attached to Steelix ex and choose 1 of your opponent's pokemon. This attack does 100 damage to that pokemon. (Don't aply weakness and resistance for benched pokemon).

Weakness-Fire/:fighting:
Resistance-:grass:/:lightning
retreat Cost-5

-This deck's strategy is very similar to that of LBS's strategy. Because you are able to attach 2 energy per turn, you will be able to attack with Steelix ex every turn, and doing 100 damage to any pokemon you want every turn is incredible! Getting all this done quickly is were Holon Electrode and Magneton come in. After using Smooth Over combined with Crush Draw all you need to do is place either Holon Electrode or Magneton onto Steelix ex. This will not only give Steelix ex 2 energies, but it will also provide the 2 :fighting: energy he needs to attack. And after they finally manage to KO your Steelix ex (if they do) you will have either another Steelix ex or a Tyraniter to back you up. Steelix ex's First attack isn't horrible either. If you’re running out of energies, it might be your only option.

Jirachi-Metal
HP-60

Poke-Power-Wishing Star

Once during you turn (before you attack), if Jirachi is your active pokemon, you may look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose 1 of them and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Jirachi and your other active pokemon, if any, are now asleep. This power can't be used if Jirachi is affected by a special condition.

MC-Metallic Blow 20+

If the defending pokemon has any poke-bodies, this attack does 20 damage plus 30 more damage.

Weakness-:fire:
Resistance-:grass:
Retreat Cost-1

-This is obviously going to be your preferred starter. Wishing Star will give you a much bigger chance to get out Holon Mentor and/or what ever else you need to get a quick start. His attack, Metallic Blow, can also be very helpful in the late game. Doing a possible 50 with a basic is very nice.

Trainers

Rare candy: Obviously this is here to give you a quick Tyranitar/ any other pokemon. But because there is only 1 stage 2 line in this deck 4 wasn't needed.

Professer Elm's Training Method: This is here to find and evolved pokemon needed quickly, but remember it can also be used to get a Holon's Electrode or Magneton.

Holon Scientist/Tranciever/Mentor: This combination of cards work really well together. Because Holon tranciever can grab any Holon supporter, you are really playing 6 Holon Mentor and 6 Holon Scientist, if you look at it from a different perspective.

Holon Ruins: It was really hard to decide which stadium to use, but after testing I found that Holon Ruins is much more effective. I was thinking of playing Power tree, but I realized that it wouldn't do me much good. Sense you will be discarding your Holon Electrodes and Magnetons and not your basic energies, you will never have any use for it and playing Holon Ruins will let you draw the cards you need faster.

Rocket's Admin./Copy Cat: These are here to get the cards you need faster. But these cards will also let you Shuffle your basic energies back into your deck, allowing you to use Smooth Over/Crush Draw a few more times.

Pokemon Retriever: I choose this instead of Holon Farmer for 2 reasons. First, it will give you the option to take 1 back to your hand instead of forcing you to shuffle 3, and second it is not a supporter. That means you can shuffle 3 and use a PETM to get it back out. That has helped me more then a couple times in the late game.

Match ups

Powdacham: This deck will be the most difficult to beat. Because Powdacham shuts off your powers, you won't be able to use your Smooth Over/Crush Draw strategy. You will have to focus on using Tyranitar and Magcargo over Steelix ex. Because Steelix ex is weakness to :fighting: he will be more of a last resort. But as long as you careful, you should be ok.

Rock-Lock: The only thing that would cause you a problem in this deck is that fact that Steelix ex is weakness to :fighting:. But as long as you play your cards right you shouldn't have a problem taking this deck down.

LBS: This deck shouldn't be too hard to beat. Because Lugia ex only has 100 HP you can KO it in one turn with Steelix ex. And this deck should start up faster then LBS because of Jirachi, so you should be ok.

SMP: This should also be an easy matchup. Metagross and Pidgeot only have 100 HP and SMP usually has out 2 Metagross, if not 3. That in mind you will get 3 easy KO's and Prizes.

Queendom: This might be a little more difficult. Because Queen has 120 HP You can't KO in one hit. And Milotic will be very annoying. The trick in beating this deck is to focus on taking out their Pidgeot as soon as possible. With out Pidgeot they will have a hard time setting up. then it should be easier to take out their pokemon.

MetaNite:This match will probably be your easiest matchup. Because all their pokemon have a maximum HP 100 they won't be able to hide from Steelix ex. It shouldn't take you long to completely wipe out their pokemon.

ZRE: Again, another easy matchup. Rayquaza ex only has 100 HP, and you are Resistant to Lighting. They won't have a prayer once you get out Steelix ex.

LudiCargo: Once again, another easy match up. None of there Pokemon have an HP of over 100. This means you can snipe out whoever you so please with Steelix ex. And because of your quick start up they won't have time to come back.

AL: You should be ok against this as long as you are careful. As long as your start up is quick, you just need to KO their Weezing before they have a chance to use the combination. You don't need to worry about Victreebell because Steelix ex is Resistance to Grass.

TyRoot:This is going to be very difficult to beat. I think either player can win depending on you Start up speed. Steelix ex is weakness to Typhlosion and Tyranitar won't do anything, but give them enough damage to KO you with Rage. Your only hope is to start up quickly and work fast to KO their Typhlosion lines.

Well there it is. Please LMK of any questions or comments on MST. Please though, if nothing else, LMK if you like it or not. I will really appreciate any comments whether its to bring it up or to tear it down.

-Slash

Use Tyranitar EX instead. You should know why.;)

i didn't read all the crap everyone posted but by looking at your list i see how it works,its like a newer version of the old walrein/magcargo crush draw with what would appear to be BEX in it (Steelix ex). looks like a fun deck with some promise if played by jake burt since he had one of the best crush draw decks i've ever seen back at last years regionals. GL with it.
-brent

Powdacham: This deck will be the most difficult to beat. Because Powdacham shuts off your powers, you won't be able to use your Smooth Over/Crush Draw strategy. You will have to focus on using Tyranitar and Magcargo over Steelix ex. Because Steelix ex is weakness to he will be more of a last resort. But as long as you careful, you should be ok.

I think you need to take "Hooked on phonix" carlossan........ I'm never going to say " This deck WILL lose to ------"

Well sorry for that, i was kinda angry with myself(dont ask). I still think this deck is too slow... GL with it.

zapdos ex said:
how will you get back the nrg when you crush draw it?
since er2 can affect this a lot, what do you do?

Hmmm, I didn't really understand what you just said. Could you try and explain it a little better? thnx

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

carlossan said:
Well sorry for that, i was kinda angry with myself(dont ask). I still think this deck is too slow... GL with it.

lol its ok. But I tested this deck out alot and it works really well! Test youself, its faster then you think..

Last edited:
Plusle work better cause find larvitar and slugma, and have macargo in game you strategi start ....plusle is better in this deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back