Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mulligan and First Ticket

Ditto

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that my sentence about mulligans is confusing. BOTH players can't place an active pokemon until all mulligans are resolved (since the whole point of a mulligan is that a player doesn't have a basic to place), but certainly ONE player can place their active (and is required to!) before mulligans are resolved. However, the point I was trying to make is about the coin flip, which can't happen until BOTH players have placed their active. Hope this clears up any confusion.

Regarding answer 1 in this thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2347158#post2347158

I believe a mistake was made in answering this question.

You don't flip the coin to see who goes first until after both players lay out their prizes. Both players don't lay out their prizes until they've both placed an active pokemon. They can't both place an active pokemon until all mulligans are resolved.

So you would HAVE to have the First Ticket in your hand BEFORE the coin flip, in which case the card clearly says that you can play it.

Probably just an oversight when trying to answer the questions, I know there are lots of them. Just wanted to make sure the correct answer got updated.

Last edited:
Yes, you could play it.
I see that I stated more than I meant to.
I just meant to say that you can't play it from a hand that is a mulligan.

Back