Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Multi on Rayquaza

AXE

There was a ruling made after nationals that says you dont have to discard a multi from Rayquaza when using its Dragon Burst attack, if you declare it electric if you are discarding the fire energy.

My "Beef" with this ruling is that if you only have a fire and a multi attached to ray you have the option of discarding it or not.

In my opion you should not be allowed to discard the multi in this scenerio. Due to the fact that you are declaring it a electric just by using the attack because you are using it as the electric. So you should not be allowed to discard it. But according to nintendo you can.

I believe that this is completly contridicting there ruling that says you dont have to but you can. It should be one or the other not both. Either you can or you cant.

Please tell me what you think.
-DAve III

After Nationals?
That's kind of non-specific, isn't it?

Not can; have to.
A Multi (or Rainbow) attached to Ray Ex has to be discarded, regardless of what color attack cost it was used to pay for because it is always all colors, all the time. You don't choose it to be any color. You just choose which attack cost to use it to pay for.
Two different things.
(Note: The above is if there is only one Special Energy card attached because, of course, Multi reverts to colorless if there is another SEC attached.)

Last edited:
SSC Judges? Any comment?

Was this a Head Judge Ruling? If not, it should have been appealed.
Was it your game that the ruling was made in, or is this second-hand information?

I have been told by many players that this happened. THey even got a ruling from the head judge. WHich that day was Meg45.
-DAve III

AXE - I just PMd you with the answer, but that is totally false. Multis were discarded all day on the Ray ruling.

I was called over, and confirmed the very ruling. It was ruled correctly. It was more confusing to players when the attacking player called "lightning" and did not discard the fire attached, only the multi energy, but that was a viable option too. Multi energy were always discarded, and properly.

Thanks

M45

You may have convinced your opponent of the incorrect ruling without him/her calling over the judge, but I know for a fact that the two rulings I made at the South Stadium were the correct rulings (multi is ALWAYS discarded -- unless of course the attack was Spiral Growth).

meganium45 said:
AXE - I just PMd you with the answer, but that is totally false. Multis were discarded all day on the Ray ruling.

I was called over, and confirmed the very ruling. It was ruled correctly. It was more confusing to players when the attacking player called "lightning" and did not discard the fire attached, only the multi energy, but that was a viable option too. Multi energy were always discarded, and properly.

Thanks

M45
That was what I suspected.
We discussed the "lightning only" discard at the ESC and it confused some people there as well.

Back