Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Multiple Manaic Machines Make for Much Monsterous Mahem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

After looking over the variant Marill cards in Sandstorm, I thought I'd check something out and noticed something that, I think, might be kinda major... Then I looked back at the R/S cards and saw the same thing.

Someone who's got a *lot* of extras of any one particular card from R/S or SS, look really closely at the bottom, left hand corner... and report your findings back here...

Oh, you mean those funky new codes (as of R&S) format = xxx-xxx-xxx ??? They have been the topic of conversation already on the 'gym v.2 and elsewhere. I for one refuse to treat them as seperate collectible varieties. If that's what you meant...

Do you mean how there are different codes at the bottom? Like 3VE-5RY-J3X, 3VE-5RY-0SG, & 3VE-5RY-STD on the Marill cards? This was debated on the Old Gym as to what they meant...

Yep, those. I've seen as many as four different codes on one card... I didn't know anyone had already discussed this...

Has anyone tried e-mailing Nintendo about it?

We've asked and have been told it is proprietary info but that collectors are not meant to treat them as different versions or to collect them as variants.
Hope that helps.

Well, that's no fun... I'm really courious as to what the little code means... If I completly had to guess, I'd assume it has something to do with which machine printed which card, but who knows.

On an interesting note, I found a customer service number from Nintendo that is *just* for the Pokémon Trading Card game... Over on Nintendo's main site, one of the pages (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/cards/cards_index.jsp) gives a 800 number to call if you're just looking for assistance with the TCG... I think I'm going to call and see if I can squeeze more info out of them (and harass 'em to bring back the left side dot-code...)

The codes are based on the order they appear on the card sheet. Commons aren't randomally inserted into packs; they have a particular order to them. Like for example, a Marril will follow an Aron EVERY TIME you open up a pack with a Marril and Aron in it.

The codes though have no real meaning to them, as far as I'm aware. I know only that the code on that Aron and Marill will be the same every time you see an Aron and Marill (and ONLY when you see a Aron and a Marill).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back