Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Murkrow

Even though the TFG isn't out in English yet, some figures are already being talked about.
Among those highly anticipated figures is Murkrow.
Its Whirlwind attack is INCREDIBLY broken, but then again, it's only about 1/3 of its spinner.
What are your thoughts on Murkrow?
Discuss.

Would Meowth go good with it?
It moves 2 or 3 spaces.
One attack makes you switch spots with the Defendind Pokemon, good for surrounding. They both move pretty fast.

well is there a place on the gym where people can read the rules? cause i have no idea how its played and i have my doubts about even playing it as i am...how you say....poor.:frown:

Even though the TFG isn't out in English yet, some figures are already being talked about.
Among those highly anticipated figures is Murkrow.
Its Whirlwind attack is INCREDIBLY broken, but then again, it's only about 1/3 of its spinner.
What are your thoughts on Murkrow?
Discuss.

I has one! in english!

Murkrow is by far the most broken figure in the game that i've seen

I will upload all my pics tomorrow.

My pictures should be up by the end of the day hopefully. Also, when most people say english, they are talking about the US release even though I think most of the AU/EU figures are in english.

As far as Murkrow goes, I agree taht he is good, but he is not the end-all-be-all. I think condition teams will actually play a bigger role since most pokes that inflict conditions have either a large purple attack, two average ones, or an attack that can inflict a status condition. For example Raich(one of my personal favs) paralyzes anyone who KOs him when he is knoecked out while using thunderbolt which is over 50% of his attack wheel.

Yeah, Murkrow is the most annoying Fugire I've seen so far. I haven't seen all of them, but I know I will see a lot of Murkrow around.

My personal problem with Murkrow is that, while he does have the amazing 1/3 whirlwind attack, he has another 2/3 of attacks that are either misses or might as well be. There are other figures that may not be as fast as Murkrow, but they get the job done beter IMO.

Here's a direct comparison between Murkrow and a figure with a similar attack with full text spoilers:

Dratini 2 MP
Miss 8 1/3%
Push Aside ** The Defending Pokemon returns to the Bench and has Wait 25%
Dragon Rage 80 damage 12 1/2%
Tail Snap 30 damage 54 1/6%

Murkrow 3 MP
Miss 8 1/3%
Surprise 20 damage 29 1/6%
Whirlwind * The Defending Pokemon returns to the Bench and has Wait 37 1/2%
Peck 10 damage 25%

Based on this, while Murkrow does have a better chance of sending the Defending Pokemon back to the bench, his other options are definitely NOT things that you want to spin making it difficult to decide when to actually use Murkrow in battle or use him to attempt to deflect the assault of you opponent.

Wow, Dratini looks great, but there are definitely pros and cons to both it and Murkrow.

Dratini:
Pros: Can hold its own in an actual battle assuming it doesn't get Push Aside.
Cons: Only 2 MP

Murkrow:
Pros: 3 MP
Cons: If you don't get whirlwind, you're dead.

Where did you get those text spoilers from? And what do those numbers like the 37 in whirlwind and the 8 in miss mean?

The numbers are percentages and the text came from my own personal figures. Any others you guys want, I'll gladly post them and I hope to begin writing articles on the figures soon.

Bulbapedia also has spoilers for a FEW Pokemon.
Lugia's interesting.

Lugia 1 MP
Dodge 8.3%
Hurricane *** The Defending Pokemon returns to the Bench and has Wait. 25%
Aeroblast: 90 Power: 2 sections of 25%
Miss: 2 sections of 8.3%

Looks GREAT except for its single MP.

Bulbapedia also has spoilers for a FEW Pokemon.
Lugia's interesting.

Lugia 1 MP
Dodge 8.3%
Hurricane *** The Defending Pokemon returns to the Bench and has Wait. 25%
Aeroblast: 90 Power: 2 sections of 25%
Miss: 2 sections of 8.3%

Looks GREAT except for its single MP.

I don't like how it only moves 1 space, perhaps that's too much of a liability

can someone explain ^ to me? i couldnt understand the %

The percentages are based on an X/72 equation where the X is represented by the number of light and dark hash marks on the figures attack wheel. The common miss spot has 6 marks on it which gives you 6/72 or 1/12 which equates out to 8.3333333333 or 8 1/3%

Back