Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MW Regionals - Wisconsin Dells, WI

PokeMama

Hello everyone! On behalf of Jeff Prentiss, the PTO from MN, and Troy Lesky, the PTO from LaCrosse, I've been given the go-ahead to announce our MW Regionals information! All of the PTOs in the area are quite excited about this great event, and we believe you will love the wonderful central location this year!
MW Regionals

Saturday April 12th, 2008at the delightful Chula Vista Resort
HWY 13 North, 4301 River Rd
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Registration will be from 9am to 10am with the tournament beginning about 10:15am.
Our event will be in the Upper Dells Ballroom.

The Chula Vista Resort offers an Indoor Waterpark with 7 pool areas, 12 waterslides & 65 activities for the entire family!

Here's a rough idea of approximate distances to the Dells... to give you an idea what a convenient location this is for everyone...

From Rockford... 103 miles
From Chicago... 163 miles
From Minneapolis 205 miles
From Green Bay 103 miles
From Manitowoc 106 miles
From La Crosse 73 miles
From Racine 117 miles

Pretty close to just about anywhere in the Region! So meet us at the Dells on April 12th!! :biggrin:

Jeff has set up a Regionals Info website with more information for you and links to the various hotels in the area. There are even discounts for the Water Park if you mention Pokemon Regionals.

I've also got information up on my TIYPokemon website too, including a map you can print out.

Participants will receive a Pokémon TCG Regional Championships promo card and a commemorative Regional Championships pin, while supplies last, all just for playing!

U.S. Regionals - Prizes

The top 16 finishers in each of the three age divisions will receive the following prizes:

1st Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 1st Place Trophy
A Travel Award for the winner (including a parent or legal guardian for players under 18)to the 2008 U.S. National Championships at the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio!
A scholarship award worth $1500
Full Show Pass to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio, U.S. residents only *
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
Other cool Pokémon merchandise

2nd Place
A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 2nd Place Trophy
Full Show Pass to the Origins Game Fair in Columbus, Ohio, U.S. residents only *
A scholarship award worth $1000 (Click here for scholarship details and restrictions).

3rd and 4th Place

A Pokémon TCG Regional Championships 3rd or 4th Place trophy

5th Place through 8th Place
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

9th through 16th Place
A combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

I talked to Jeff and he said there are lots of areas that are well suited for players to get together and practice on Friday night for those of you who are coming up early. He said he and Troy will do whatever they can to get some things going for practice play, maybe an impromptu tourney or whatever there's interest for. But it looks like there will be a good number of people coming up Friday night to get things kicked off. Just ask at the desk for Jeff Prentiss's room number or call his cell 612-749-8225 once you get there to find out what's going on.

Also, we're trying to coordinate Rideshares to Regionals, so if there's anyone that's looking for a ride, or maybe has some space in their car to offer a ride, let us know and we'll see if we can hook you up with someone going in the same direction.​

Last edited:
I'll have to check with one of my Leaguers about whether or not he wants to go up there or down to St Louis. Hotels might make or break the deal for me...

I am going up there for Super Bowl Weekend (Wilderness)

I will check this place out. I would imagine we would be there.

Ya what I've seen of it, the place looks wonderful! And plenty of things for families to do too. And there are some deals if you share rooms too. Make a Poke-weekend of it!

We stayed there a couple of years ago. Great place. Lots to do. I look forward to going there again.:thumb:

just like states Adam trevor and myself will be there. family has a time share neer there. 172 miles later

Last edited:
I think quite a few will be there! I know a bunch of our guys were looking at the great prices on the website Jeff set up... like
$299.00 for the El Grande 2 Bedroom Condo for 10 people, 1,500 sq ft, has two bedrooms. The master suite has a king bed and a private bath, fireplace and television, the other bedroom has two queen size beds with television. The living area is complete with a hot tub, fireplace, and a full size kitchen and dining room table.
That's not a bad price when you get a bunch of Pokemon Players bunkin' together playtesting all night!

I'm gonna check with my traveling players to see where they'd rather hit.

Any of you who are going, you should really check out the hotels nearby if you're planning on staying, as they tend to fill up fast... so book as early as you can!

Yea, unfortunately they are booking a little too fast for my liking. I really wanted to get one of those condos, but they are all booked. Lots of other hotels in the Dells with waterparks included, and I am pretty sure their prices are better in the winter. :thumb:

I know!! He did great! 2nd at IL States! Ya, the Dells is gonna be great!! If you plan to get a room, should check into it from the links and be sure to mention Pokemon Regionals too when you call.

Politoed EX, check with Bigginz, James F. and the gang. I think they are going to be there.:thumb:

We're setting up a carpool list at TIY... for those who need a ride and for those who have space to offer a ride. We'll try to get as many people up there as possible from the area.

A litte birdy told me that a few more rooms have been freed up. So if you havent made your reservations yet, it would be a good time. If you look at the pics on their website, the rooms, the waterpark, the restaurants........it all looks amazing!!! Cant wait to see you all there.:thumb:

Back