Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My 1st, 1st place at Arizona 10-11-08 Battle Roads

JuliefooJojo87

I don't usually write these battle road reviews, I usualy just go to have fun and leave it at that, but since i placed first, i figured i should :)
I ran Froslass/Cress/Bronzong, my "Frozen Bananna" Deck that spreads and moves damage and devolves like no other xP
Froslass is my main attacker, 40 damage, puts your active to sleep, and does 10 to all bench.
Cress X mainly moves damage around, and as the added bonus of doing 40 damage, and if the poke is knocked out with that move, then i take 2 prizes!
Bronzong's pain amp does 10 more for everyone who is damaged, and while he's active does 10 to all pokepowers.
and then Claydol and spiritomb.

-----------------------------
My first matchup was against a Dark deck, with i believe a turn 2 Sharpedo. Who had his special dark energies prized. I started with Cresselia, which turned into lvl X quickly, I built it up and took out 2 pokemon with the moving damage, and the attack that does 40 and takes 2 prizes for each knock-out.
=4 prizes. The other two prizes were probably taken with Froslass.
My 2nd matchup was against a Garchomp deck with Rotom and Ho-Oh. He got Garchomp Out pretty quick, and i was just as quick with my Froslasses, He didn't have any Metal energies in his deck so 110 damage was only dealt to Cress and Bronzong, and i believe he took prizes for both of them. I ended up putting him to sleep with Froslass, and he rolled lots of tails. At the end of the match he brought out a built up Ho-Oh and i oh-koed it with icy breath, doing 40 base + 2x weakness, plus one damage moved from a Cress X.
My 3rd game was against Ashley, whose usual deck is Garchomp. She also ran a Garchomp/Rotom this time and we both had a really bad start. I was stuck with baltoy/claydol as active for around what seemed like 10 turns. she was stuck with Rotom for about the same, and no damage was done for the majority of the battle.
Once we started building up, i got claydol out by super scooping it and I ended up moving damage around, deevolving, and just knocking everyone out. I don't think she was able to get Garchomp lvl X out until the very end when i put it to sleep, and she rolled tails and i retreated froslass and knocked it out with Cress X's 2-prize 40 damage attack.
My 4th game was against Ken, I knew he had Kingdra, but with Claydol and Uxie and Ditto, he kept drawing cards and i wasn't getting anything.. I got my butt kicked that round, I don't even remember what happened. I died, Bad. xP
My 5th match was against an Empoleon/ Sentret/furret deck. He started with Piplup and I started with Cress again. I ended up taking 2 prizes for knocking out the piplup and He eventually got an Empoleon out, bt not the level X. My opponent didn't like how i used Spiritombs to add 10 damage to everyone, then scooped him up, and used him again later in the game xP
He had a full bench the whole game, but the only evolution he could get out was the one empoleon and one furret, so it was pretty easy for me to move damage around and knock out the basics.

Top 4!
I placed 3rd in top 4, and i battled Mitch from Chobo!
He had a pretty good deck with Groudon and Togekiss and he's always fun to battle. He balanced 4+ hats on his head from the rest of his team during our whole first match xP
He used Togekiss serene grace and attach to power up Groudon to do 100 damage just about every turn. It scared me because all my pokemon in my deck have 100 or less HP.
I did a lot of scoop ups and warp points and retreating and stuff to try to stay alive. I put him to sleep + he rolled tails a few times with groudon, which probably saved me in the long run.
Groudon has 100 HP, so to knock one out i would move 1 damage to it with Cress, use Icy breath with frosslass for 40, Hope he'd roll tails, then do the same next turn for knock out.
My bronzong ended up doing a lot of damage in this match too, his togekiss and Claydol both took a lot from him, and every time he'd knock out a froslass, i'd send out bronzong for the in-between-turn-damage, then move a damage from cress to knock out claydol, or whoever i needed too.
Ken Vs Diedra, Ken won, Wasn't sure on the details on that match, but sounded like ken had fun xP

Top 2!
Me vs Ken's Kingdra deck again. Ken seemed a lot happier this time around, less serious, and we were joking around before the match started.
First round started and it was a little slow on both sides. I started getting my pokemon out first and i think i took 2 prizes with CressX, He ended up having 0 cards in hand with no claydol, he drew a Buck's with his kingdra active, and a horsea on the bench, and whatever he drew from those two cards, he didn't like, cause he scooped.

Second round i started with Snorunt and 2 Bronzors, and i had 2 Froslasses, a bronzong, and a cressX in hand. he went 2nd and he pulled the Horsea > rare candy > Kingdra 60 damage knockout 20 to bench move.
I top decked another snorunt, and got cress and baltoy and had my bench start to get built up.
He ended up taking 2 prizes within the first 2 turns..
Later in the game, I took 3 prizes in one turn, by moving damage for 1 knockout on a Uxie, and using Cress for 40 knockout 2 prizes on a Kingdra.
The next turn i took another 2 prizes by knocking out a damaged Chatot using the CressX move. I had one prize left, and i probaby could have taken that last prize within a turn or two, so he scooped.
Even though he technically scooped 2 times, I still thought i put up a good fight and I won my first tournament with a deck i made myself without any references or help from anyone, and i had a lot of fun playing against my opponents and hanging out with my friends. :D

I had a lot of fun, today everyone was very light-hearted and it seemed like they all just wanted to be there for fun. I'm moving to Ohio soon so i just wanted to go to have fun and hang out with everyone before i go, and winning just made it all so sweeter.
Most of the rest of Team Watermelon went 3-2, and there was a few matchups with us against each other. Robert vs Ashley and then Ashley vs Me.
Thanks Patricia and all the judges for an awesome battle roads! We even had a really cool raffle today, I always look forward to the surprizes Patricia throws into all the tournaments and stuff.
I think that's what i'll miss the most about Pokemon!Arizona, Patricia's awesome Pop Events, and everyone who's always a good sport about it. We all come to have fun! :D

JULIEEEEEEEE HOOORAY!

that orange shirt was amazing, your watermelons distracted your opponents ftw!!! 8D

they were extra green and juicy in the middle. we're all proud of you, bringing great honor to our humbled team. :thumb:

That was probably one of the most light hearted and fun finals to sit in on as a judge and be a part of. This was truly what the game is about and the 2 of you displayed SOG throughout the match and even the event. I wish all players would step back and see the game for what it is and what the 2 of you did yet still played competitive matches, my hat and thanks go off to both of you

Congratulations again Julie!
Awesome report, thank you for the props! We will all miss you very much!
:( <--pouting still

I do hope you find a way to visit each year!

The orange shirt was fate! :)

Be safe on your way back to Ohio...See you at Nats! :)

Julie I'm sorry if I intimidated you it wasn't my intention and yes I scooped but only because you had already won the matches and I didn't want to push my already horrible hands thank you for the great games and good luck in Ohio you will be missed nere.

BLiZz

Back