2 – Combusken
4 – Blazikin
2 – Mareep
2 – Flaffy
2 – Ampharos
2 – Skitty
2 – Delcatty
2 – Rayquaza Ex
1 – Ditto (Wobbuffet and Mirror Match tech)

Trainers – 15
3 – Rare Candy
3 – Oracle
2 – TV Reporter
2 – Copycat (Great card in mirror matches)
2 – Professor Oak’s Research
1 – Fisherman
1 – Warp Point
1 – Town Volunteers

Energy – 18
13 - :fire:
5 – :lightning

Round 1 vs. Barbara Geary (aka Dragon Lady)
Barbara has been playing the game as long as I have about 5 years. She and her kids are a staple at events that we attend. Plan on playing any of them if you attend any events in Massachussetts. Barbara loves originality and is playing an Ampharos EX, Magneton, Electabuzz deck. I started out with 2 Torchics and a Mareep. An unfortunate statisitic that would plague me all tournament is that I never had a Dunsparce in my starting draw. I even upped them to four after I was playing with only 3. I dropped a Rayquaza and added a 4th Dunsparce. Anyhow she had a turn 2 Ampharos Ex with Rare Candy. So I was getting damaged every time I played an Energy. Before she could get Amphy powered up Torchic did 60 damage to Amphy. I had an Amphy on my bench and decided not to power it up. I think if I did I may have won. Instead I go for a Blaziken and she eventually knocks it out and then wipes out the remaining Torchic and Ampharos.

Record 0-1

Round 2 vs. Dan C.
Dan was playing a Lileep deck with a bunch of those annoying Fossils. Once Dan had the Lileep powered up he could Gust out and poison anything on my bench. Instead of choosing the Ampharos with no energy he goes for a Rayquaza. I then Energy Connect and ohko his Lileep. It was all downhill from there for Dan. I end up winning by taking all 6 prizes.

Record 1-1

Round 3 vs. Maria Jessing
This is BJJ’s wife so I knew she had to be good. She was playing a Gardevoir deck. We both started with crap and when I Oracled she would Desert Shaman me to mess up my draw. She took the first prize by attaching a Boost Energy to her already evolved Wobbuffet with 1 Psychic to knock out my torchic. I promoted a Combusken and eventually build a Blaziken and k.o. all of her Wobbuffets, Ralts, and Wynaut.

Record 2-1

Round 4 vs. Danny Bliss
At this point it was 8:30 pm and Toys-R-Us was closing at 9 so they decide that this will be the final round. Danny was playing a Ampharos EX and Wobbuffet deck. I was able to get a early Dunsparce and fill my bench. He then promoted an energyless Wobbuffet and my Dunsparce would damage it and never paralyze for like 6 turns. I leave Dunparce out because all he has powered up is an Ampharos Ex. Meanwhile I was getting Fire energies in my discard. He switches Wobbuffet for Ampharos Ex and knocks out Dunsparce. Just what I was waiting for I then promote my Rayquaza with 1 Lightning and Firestart/Energy Connect 3 Fire and then attach an a 4th energy from my hand and ohko the Amphy EX. From there my Blazikens destroy his Wobbuffets and the bench.

Record 3-1

So I end up with 9 points and in 7th place after 4 rounds. If there was one more round I knew that I could place but oh well.

My 9 year old son won the 10 and under with a Mewtwo Ex deck. Here is the decklist:

Pokemon - 20
4 – Natu
3 – Xatu
3 – Eevee
2 – Umbreon
4 – Mewtwo EX
2 – Wynaut
2 - Wobbuffett

Trainers - 22
3 – Juggler
3 - CopyCat
3 – Switch
3 – Hyper potion
3 – Professor’s Oaks Research
2 – Town Volunteers
3 – Moo Moo Milk
2 – Potion

Energy – 18
15 – :psychic:
4 – Dark

So at least he ends up winning the awesome looking Medal and a Box of Dragons.

Here are the other winning decks at Auburn

15 +: CharWolf with Blaziken/ Skyridge RK9
11-14: BJJ’s son with Cacturne/Amphy EX
10 – under: Mewtwo EX
:D

Hey Johnny, on the way home my wife commented how much she enjoyed playing you (even though she lost). I told her i've always enjoyed how you play because you explain what you are doing whenever you play a card. See you tomorrow in Milford!

John, talked to charwolf yesterday and heard he won the auburn CC. I was so happy to hear that. Hearing nick won makes the day better. Congrats to nick on the win at aurburn and like i said to charwolf good luck in the states. Hope nick wins and if you get to compete in it john good luck in the states.

You and mike will be a HARD to beat team in the team sealed event at origins. If ray gets in it me and him will compete as a team so im hoping to face you and mike. That woudl be great. 4 FireFighters in 1 head to head team battle.

Back