Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My BR weekend

cloud9

Note: This report is not to brag about how well i did or anything, i think its fun writing reports and i think the game is fun, i dont care if i win or loose.

Saturday - Asker BR:
Because this is my leagues Battle Road, i was judging. Today, i had help from Roar as TO and Khanh as judge because i had to leave in the middle of the tournemant for skating practice. The signups whent quick and games started quickly after. I went quickly through the tables looking at all the different decks everybody was playing, since i had not played in a year and a half and decided to come back to the game, i asked the players for some deck tips.
When i came back from practice i started the side event, the unlimited tourney. Since this was an unofficial tourney and we needed one more player, i decided to join. It turns out the only players using unlimited decks were me and Tego.

Round 1 vs. Kim E. w/ Kingdra LA
My deck completly fails when i just help him discarding energies with my Super Energy Removal, i was pretty much donked.

Round 2 vs. Live R. w/ Dragonite LA and Yanmega LA
This was a great game, we both have such a laugh, i keep flipping tails on all my dice with Sneasel NG and she keeps flipping tails when she tries to attack my babies and attack with Dragonite. Because of the center closing, we called time and Live won on prize.

As we only got to play 2 rounds, we decided winners from standings, all 2-0 players won, grats Tord, Live and Kim.

Sunday - Oslo BR:
Its good to finally meet Mikkel (Black Jirachi) again, we talked about music and stuff and he loans me a card for my deck, so does Roar. Because my lack of modifies cards, i decided to run my Magmortar and Togekiss deck.

Round 1 vs. Sorry, cant remember name w/ Bellossom
We both get bad starts, I keep flipping for Find a Friend with my Togepi, and he flips for his Oddish attack. He gets a fast Bellossom and starts beating me down. I get a quick Magmortar up and kill his Bellossom. He dosn't get much other than 2 Chatot's he tried surviving with. After a quick match, i win.
1-0

Round 2 vs. Khanh L w/ Kingdra
I get a okay start but he gets desperat when he sees I'm playing a fire deck. He gets quickly 2 Claydols up and running and keeps throwing down Uxie's to refresh his hand to get a Kingdra and Rare Candy for a quick win. He kills my Magmar, but i get quick back into play when i lay down my Togekiss and get a whipping 7 energies out of my 10 cards i had to look through. I basicly one-shot his Kingdra. After a few turns, he gets another Kingdra up, adds 2 Pluspowers and kills my Magmortar. I thought it was the end for me surprisingly, i get another Magmortar up and get lucky with my Togekiss. I boost my Magmortar trying to one-shot his Kingdra, i thought i had this game here, because i could kill his Kingdra, and then when he tried next turn to attack me with his last Kingdra, it wouldn't be enough damage to K.O me, but my luck drops when Khanh shows me 2 more Pluspowers and kills my last Magmortar. GG Khang
1-1

Round 3 vs. Stian N w/ Empoleon and Bronzong
He gets a quick start, and by turn 3, he has a Empoleon up and running. My magmortar gets uber charged by my lucky skills with Togekiss and i spread some damage on his bench, tryign to kill both his Empoleons at the same time as he always was flipping tails on Empo's attack. He gets a Empoleon Lv.X and kills of my one and only Magmortar. I try stalling a few turns with Togekiss but i just draw bad stuff, i finally scooped and bought myself a kebab to cheer me up.
1-2

Round 4 vs. Kenneth N w/ AMU
We both get good starts and the game is on. I get a quick Magmortar up, but with Snowpoint Temple and him always slapping his Lv.X pixies down, i find it hard to K.O. his pokemon. I really regret not putting any Pluspowers in my deck. The match goes through and prizes are pretty much equal the whole game. Kenneth complains about me using a long time as he nearly always had to explain to me what his cards done since almost his whole deck contained japansese cards, he calls the judge for an time extension and Mikkel gives us 2 minutes and sites down to explain the cards for me. I get my Magmortar Lv.X up and knock out on of his sittind ducks on the bench. Time is called, i have 2 prizes and Kenneth has 4. Kenneth is angry and complains about me stalling, i try explaining him that i dinn't know what his cards done because i hadn't played in a year and couldn't read japanese. I feel really responsible for making everybody wait for the standings after this final match, since we wore the only people still playing after the 40 minute round time.
2-2

Mikkel hangs up the standings, i am ranked 5th out of 12 in Masters. This being my first tournemant in a whole year and not even playtested the deck before the tournemant, i am very happy.

Props:
Well run tournemant both days.
Mikkel and Roar for lending me the cards i missed for my deck.
Kebab, havn't had one in a few weeks.
Going 2-2 with a deck i have never tried before

Slops:
Me, for not having a prize for "Most-mouth-dropping-deck", Tego you desserve it.

Well, thats all it for me, thanks for reading my report.

Last edited:
Back