Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on My build of Gothitelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon Strife

As anyone who has looked and drooled over certain cards in emerging powers, I have come up with my build of a Gothitelle deck.

4-3-4 Gothitelle(Hypnotic gaze Gothita, and Deleting Glare Gothorita)
2-1-1 Mismagius(UD/CoL, UL, UD/CoL)
1 Shaymin
3 Jirachi

. . .19

3 Pokemon Collector
1 Interviewer's Questions
3 J'arm
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Pluspower
4 P.Comm
2 Super Scoop
2 Cheren
1 Bianca
3 Rare Candy

. . .26

13 :psychic:
2 Rescue

. . .15

The main strategy of the deck is to lock the opponent by making them not being able to use items, and to tank Gothitelle with tons of psychic energies so you can use Madkenisis to deal tons of damage.

The first main strategy of this deck is amazing because you can lock them out of using Catchers, P.comms, PlusPowers, Candies, etc. giving you quite a bit of advantage. With her Ability though, unlike Vileplume, it does not lock you out of using Items(given that you don't go against a mirror or a Vileplume deck) thus making so you can use your catchers, P.comms, etc. etc.

The second strategy of the deck has more things in the deck to help you out with getting the strategy built up. One of the helpers in the deck is Jirachi. Jirachi is a good :psychic: energy accelerator because its PokePower Stardust Song lets you flip 3 coins, and for each heads take a :psychic: from the discard and attach to Jirachi. Along with Jirachi being good for getting out energies, Time Hollow is good for when your opponent's active pokemon is evolved(either from candy or stage evolving) and you have enough damage counters on them to devolve it to knock it out.

Now, you might be asking right now how you are going to get the energies from Jirachi onto Gothitelle. Well, I have two methods for it. The first method is using Mismagius from Unleashed and using its PokePower to move a :psychic: from Jirachi to Gothitelle. Along with that Mismagius we have the one from Undaunted/Call of Legends for using Poltergeist after your gothitelle has been knocked out for revenge killing. Our second method for moving the energy to Gothitelle is through Shaymin by getting the energy on Jirachi, and then using Celebration wind to move them to gothitelle. This is good for when you get more than just 1 heads with Stardust Song.

Well, I have explained the aspects of this deck that are the big beef of it. Everything else you should know. The staples of any HGSS-on deck, energy, etc. So, comment, tell me what you think, and all dem shananegins.

See you guys later,
~N.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Pokemon Collectors with a basic based energy acceleration?

2 Cheren and 1 Bianca is all the draw you have in the deck?

You need to streamline the list and find a way to put in about 8-12 supporters that can refresh your hand or draw cards.

As is, the deck won't function reliably.

3 Pokemon Collectors with a basic based energy acceleration?

2 Cheren and 1 Bianca is all the draw you have in the deck?

You need to streamline the list and find a way to put in about 8-12 supporters that can refresh your hand or draw cards.

As is, the deck won't function reliably.

If you are saying I need more collectors I don't play more than 3 because I find no use for running 4.

I am trying to fit in some PONT too

go more into depth of what you're saying I should do because i'm not following

This is a untested deck as of this point. I am hoping to get it built in these following days

---------- Post added 09/04/2011 at 12:55 PM ----------

The best way to play Gothitelle is probably to start with Ross' Worlds deck:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153339
then substitute Gothitelle for Vileplume, and make other tweaks to the deck to make it run smoother with Gothitelle and the changed metagame.

I have seen Ross' deck before, and I want to try a different way from just playing Ross' deck, but with gothitelle instead of vileplume. Thanks for the help though :biggrin:

You really NEED Reuniclus in this deck. Mismagius and jirachi are good techs, but your main focus should be on the ability to tank behind something that has no damage cap and trainer locks your opponent which is only made possible through reuniclus.

Ross's set up is a good place to start, but even then the only things I really liked about it were the pichu starters and the twins engine (twins being something you should already be running since reuniclus's manipulation ability usually allows you to manipulate your prize count).

Your biggest problem with Goth is going to be opposing players with goth. The rest of the field virtually folds to you regardless of how you set up your list. The difficultly is going to come with how skilled the player is with the list he builds and how he techs out his list. Jirachi/shaymin help the mirror as do heavier lines. I personally only play my 4 candy, 2 catcher and 3 junk arms to help alleviate issues in the mirror and the added space is good for other things.

A good base list is something like:

4-3-4 Gothitelle
3-2-3 Reuniclus
1 Jirachi
1 Shaymin

4 Collector
3 comm
2 Elm
4 twins
4 Candy
5 in any combination of draw support (copycat/oak/cheren/juniper)
1 switch
2-3 Catcher
2-3 Junk arm

8-12 Psychic
0-4 DCE

This is a super bare skeleton list just to kinda throw out the overall look of what you're shooting for.

Hope this helps somewhere. Questions Just ask

You really NEED Reuniclus in this deck. Mismagius and jirachi are good techs, but your main focus should be on the ability to tank behind something that has no damage cap and trainer locks your opponent which is only made possible through reuniclus.

Ross's set up is a good place to start, but even then the only things I really liked about it were the pichu starters and the twins engine (twins being something you should already be running since reuniclus's manipulation ability usually allows you to manipulate your prize count).

Your biggest problem with Goth is going to be opposing players with goth. The rest of the field virtually folds to you regardless of how you set up your list. The difficultly is going to come with how skilled the player is with the list he builds and how he techs out his list. Jirachi/shaymin help the mirror as do heavier lines. I personally only play my 4 candy, 2 catcher and 3 junk arms to help alleviate issues in the mirror and the added space is good for other things.

A good base list is something like:

4-3-4 Gothitelle
3-2-3 Reuniclus
1 Jirachi
1 Shaymin

4 Collector
3 comm
2 Elm
4 twins
4 Candy
5 in any combination of draw support (copycat/oak/cheren/juniper)
1 switch
2-3 Catcher
2-3 Junk arm

8-12 Psychic
0-4 DCE

This is a super bare skeleton list just to kinda throw out the overall look of what you're shooting for.

Hope this helps somewhere. Questions Just ask

Thanks Cetra for your comment. Before I understood the jist of Reuniclus and Gothitelle in the same deck, but didn't think of it to much in the way of synergy, and you definitely showed me how much it definitely helps. I'll definitely be taking your skeleton into consideration. Like I said in one of the comments above, this list is basically what I came up with off the top of my head, and has not been tested yet. In the end I will probably be playing gothitelle with reuniclus, but I am definitely gonna be testing out both strategies.

This deck is what I'm taking through battleroads this fall. My present list is completely different but the base is still pretty similar. I'll right up an article eventually :3

Anyways glad I could help

with the aforementioned skeleton list, you should include Zekrom/Reshiram because of their ability to abuse DCE for outrage after you have moved damage counters onto them. They are also good damage sponges while sitting on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back