Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Diancie code musings.

P_A

Ok, I got a Diancie code. I figure I might be able to help out by reporting what I find. I'm actually looking for a Sassy or Relaxed type, so I'll be resetting my game until I get a decent one. The Diancie turned out to be level 50.

First pokemon I got was a Brave nature pokemon, with Clear Body ability and "superior" IV's 31/x/31/31/x/x. Here are it's stats:

HP 125
Att 121
Def 170
SpA 120
SpD 163
Sp 62.

Next one was Adamant natured, Clear Body, and "Superior" IV's 31/x/31/31/31/x

HP 125
Att 122
Def 170
SpA 108
SpD 170
Sp 59.

Next up - Careful, Clear Body, "Superior" IV's 31/x/31/x/x/31

HP 125
Att 114
Def 170
SpA 100
SpD 181
Sp 70.

More info as I find it.

Next up - Rash, Clear Body, "Outstanding" IV's 31/x/31/x/31/x

HP 125
Att 109
Def 170
SpA 132
SpD 153
Sp 65.

Next up - Quiet - clear body, "Superior" IV's x/31/x/31/31/x

HP 118
Att 120
Def 167
SpA 132
SpD 170
Sp 53.

Next up - Naughty, clear body, "Outstanding" IV's x/31/31/x/31/31

HP 121
Att 132
Def 170
SpA 110
SpD 153
Sp 70.

Almost tempting to keep - but no cigar.

More info to come later.

Edit: Next up - Brave, clear body, "Superior" IV's x/x/x/31/31/31

HP 112
Att 121
Def 170
SpA 120
SpD 170
Sp 63.

Next: Lax, clear body, "Superior" 31/0/31/x/31/x

HP 125
Att 105
Def 187
SpA 117
SpD 153
Sp 66. Not a chance I'll keep this one!

Next: Jolly, clear body (I keep hoping I'll break the bank and get some sort of hidden ability!), "Superior" 31/31/x/31/x/x

HP 125
Att 120
Def 161
SpA 108
SpD 162
Sp 77.

More later.

Last edited:
Is anyone really all that interested in this stuff besides me? Just thought I would ask, otherwise I'll just go on without reporting my results. Please let me know.

All I know is that all legendaries will have at least 3 31 IVs. I have not gotten my code yet. Now sure I will get it though.

Couple thoughts:

1. Did you really take like 10 cards? Do you work at GameStop or did they just get so many they were handing out mulitples? I would be so hacked off if I went to gamestop and they didn't have any codes left because someone took a handful of them.

2. Can you redeem more than one? I guess I thought you could only get one...

3. For some reason, I am unable to download my Diancie. I keep getting errors about needing to upgrade the software or server maintenence. That was last night and this morning. Have you guys heard of anyone else having trouble?

Ken old buddy, good to hear from you. No, I didn't take 10 cards - just one. First you have to download the upgrade to your 3DS and agree to the user agreement before you can download a Diancie. However, once you do, you can reset your game however many times you like while you're in front of the girl in the pokemon center that gives your gift. The code is downloaded on your 3DS - not your game. The only time it becomes permanent is after you decide which Diancie you want and save your game (once you finally pick it up). That's what I've been doing - just resetting and resetting until I get the one I really want. In fact, I haven't tried to download the demo for ORAS yet, just in case I screw up my chances to get the right Diancie.

Edit: No you can't download more than one Diancie - it's one per 3DS. However I suppose if you have more than one 3DS it might be possible.

Ken old buddy, good to hear from you. No, I didn't take 10 cards - just one. First you have to download the upgrade to your 3DS and agree to the user agreement before you can download a Diancie. However, once you do, you can reset your game however many times you like while you're in front of the girl in the pokemon center that gives your gift. The code is downloaded on your 3DS - not your game. The only time it becomes permanent is after you decide which Diancie you want and save your game (once you finally pick it up). That's what I've been doing - just resetting and resetting until I get the one I really want. In fact, I haven't tried to download the demo for ORAS yet, just in case I screw up my chances to get the right Diancie.

Edit: No you can't download more than one Diancie - it's one per 3DS. However I suppose if you have more than one 3DS it might be possible.

You sure on the one per 3DS? If it's like the shiny Gengar and Pinsirite/Heracrossite it's one per game

Ahhh, ok, I guess my sig comes in handy for this situation. I have been known to be wrong from time to time. I didn't try it with a different version in my 3DS, but I did try a second code. Josh and I both had pre orders for both OR and AS - so all told we ended up getting 4 download codes. It took me until my 20th (or so - it may have been my 19th) Diancie to get the one I wanted. Once I got the one I wanted, I tried for a second code on the same game/same 3DS, and it didn't work, so Josh gave the code to one of his friends.

Did every time you check the IV's there was 3? I sr'd so many times and gave up ending in only 1 31 IV. I don't think DL'd Pokies are garunteed to have 3 31's, I seriously sr'd minimum 100 times, checked the pokie with the IV checker guy and had mabye a handfull come up with 1 31 IV-

Yep, weird as it sounds, there wasn't once that I didn't get a poke with less than 3 perfect IV's. About one third of the time I got one with 4 perfect IV's. So hopefully your experience was a fluke.

So interesting!!!

interesting..................

fluke or not- it seems way off in my attempts at getting only one if the dl is programed to give 3 31's.

meh, more then likely Diance won't be able to be VGC usable- so I don't mind the novelty of it anyways............. :)

So interesting!!!
That was the reason why it took me so long to get the Shiny Gengar that I wanted, since I was serial resetting my machine to get the best one for me.

Yeah, Benzo, I see your point about it not being playable, but I suppose I still wanted the "best" one I could get. Hopefully my experience above might help someone see what was available - regardless of how it turned out for them.

No prob, PA. I trade some code cards awhile back to get a Japanese Diance- it had only 1 31 as well. I wanted a "relatively" good English one to make up for the not-so-good traded one (stat wise)- but since disappointment got the best of me in my attempts and it more then likely won't be VGC usable- I settled on novalty to get back to the real training for my teams.

I enjoyed your muse, and I meant no "downer" to the topic.

Jealous, maybe, a little, lol. :p But it's just reading that reading that 3 31's are there and mine was a train-wreck attempt, I'm glad others are not as unlucky as me. It shows me that once again that "not all Pokemon are the same", an aspect in the design of the game that's been there from the start-

gratz on getting the one ya wanted! :)

Not sure if this will save you some time.

My X is Hasty nature, Takes plenty of siestas, Clear Body, 31/26/11/30/30/8 per Serebii XY IV calculator, with the 30 reaching 31 as they level.

HP 125
Att 118
Def 144
SpA 120
SpD 170
Sp 64

My Y is Quiet, Takes plenty of siestas, Clear Body, 31/20/30/12/12/30

HP 125
Att 115
Def 170
SpA 122
SpD 161
Sp 63

Not sure it helps, but hope it does.

Siloam, it's good to see some more poke-parents here. Welcome and all. However, I have a question: ummm, how do you know that the 30's become 31's? Can't you just go to the IV checker in Kiloude city? He'll tell you which ones have the highest stats, and if you have some 31's he'll say that those stats "can't be beat." Thanks for your information to add to what is above. With seeing that you have a Quiet pokemon (the same as I did above), it really shows that every pokemon has differences even with the same nature. Good to know.

Benzo, if what I think is the case, due to Siloam's post, it looks like you aren't the only one who didn't get 3 31 IV's. Of course, like you said, since they probably will never be able to be used in the video game challenge, then I suppose there's no big deal. If you go to Seribii like Siloam did, you can probably find that some of your stats might be 30's as well. If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't be jealous in any way if I found out mine were only one stat out.

I'm just hoping this week passes by really quickly, so I can get both my ORAS games and transfer some of these cool pokemon over.

Siloam, it's good to see some more poke-parents here. Welcome and all. However, I have a question: ummm, how do you know that the 30's become 31's? Can't you just go to the IV checker in Kiloude city? He'll tell you which ones have the highest stats, and if you have some 31's he'll say that those stats "can't be beat." Thanks for your information to add to what is above. With seeing that you have a Quiet pokemon (the same as I did above), it really shows that every pokemon has differences even with the same nature. Good to know.

Benzo, if what I think is the case, due to Siloam's post, it looks like you aren't the only one who didn't get 3 31 IV's. Of course, like you said, since they probably will never be able to be used in the video game challenge, then I suppose there's no big deal. If you go to Seribii like Siloam did, you can probably find that some of your stats might be 30's as well. If that's the case, I certainly wouldn't be jealous in any way if I found out mine were only one stat out.

I'm just hoping this week passes by really quickly, so I can get both my ORAS games and transfer some of these cool pokemon over.

My understanding is that the IV calculators don't have enough information to give exact numbers so they estimate some pieces...or something like that. I've gotten the impression that they are only truly accurate at level 100.

According to one of the guides I have Quiet raises Special Attack and decreases speed; While Takes Plenty of Siestas is suppose to result in a stat that is 1, 6 11, 21, 26 or 31. I'm still working on wrapping my mind around all of it, but maybe that means that my first one will end up 31/26/11/31/31/11? And the second 31/21/31/16/16/31? IDK....it is a whole lot of numbers flying around and I'm just trusting who made the guide knows what they are talking about.:rolleyes:

Anyway went and talked to the judge and he said can't be bear for HP SP Att and Sp Def.; The second was HP, Defense and Speed.

While we're on this, does anyone have anymore of the codes? Gamestops around me dont have anymore.

Call Nintendo of America. They can give you codes via e-mail. I don't think they like to. With the previous event we went in 2 days after it started and there were no cards, so after some pushing they sent me 5 codes via e-mail (myself and my 4 kids).

- - - Updated - - -

@ Siloem: which guide?
A combination my oldest put together from Marriland and Serebii. I looked at it again through the other night and I think it only applies to one stat and not all of them. *shurg* I am such a noob at this.

Ummm, I can't be sure of course, but on the codes we got they mention that the event is from 10/27 through 11/16. I have one that hasn't been used yet - but I don't know if it's possible to use it.

Back