Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My dragonite ex deck needs a major do over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-3-3 Dragonite ex
3-2 Altaria ex
1-0-1 Meganium
1 Ray ex (maybe)
1-1 Fearow

4 H. Mentor
4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe
2 H. Adventure
1 Scott
2 Castaway
3 Crystal Beach
1 Battle Frontier
2 Stevens/copycat
1 night maintenace

12 grass
4 Delta Rainbow

So much DRE and Scramble and even H. Castform that I want to beat them on the energy with a set up Alterai ex and than use Dragonite ex's first attack so Crystal Beach will stay there. I did well with this deck before the rotation but now that I lost the Holon engine I am not sure how to make it work.

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd try to make room for Holon's Castform, you could get rid of the Delta Rainbow. Then I'd replace the Crystal Beach for some Battle Frontiers. Battle Frontier nulls Delcatty, Delcatty ex, and Flygon δ! I see that you are looking for disruption with your strategy, and this is another great way do do it based on the current metagame!

EDIT: And you can't forget Nidoqueen δ, Battle Frontier also stops her.

Last edited:
Decent start but, you need to add 1 more Dragonite EX and drop a Swablu, a 2-2 Altaria line should be plenty support. As for for trainers I'd drop a mentor and both stevens for 2 TVR and a another Night Maintenace.
Maybe a 1-1 Fearow Delta search line to speed up the Dragonite lines.

^ no extra Dragonite. 4 would be overkill, and by him adding another Night Maintenance like you said, he could easily get one back.

You may wish to diversify your gyms - add a battle frontier or something of that sort to lock. Since you'll be forcing them to go trainerless anyway, 4 crystal beach and 2 scott might be overkill.

Holon castform start, -1 bebe only need 3 to get your fearow out then your good(plus it makes u shuffle cards back into your deck, which you don't want all the time) Draggy line should be 3-2-3 or 3-3-3, altaria 2-2 rare candy to 3 take out meganium + 1 night maintnence copy cat over steven( or use prof. rowen 1 shuffled into deck= 4 cards) take out 4 grass for some castform. I think ive pretty much covered everything. :)

which meganium is it. if it's the delta one. then you dont need that cause you have fearow. right. and you have 2 castaway and no tools.

3-1 Chingling / Chimecho
4-2-3 Dragonite ex
2-2 Altaria ex
1-1 Fearow

10 grass
4 Delta Rainbow

1 Scott
2 Castaway
3 Holon Mentor
3 Holon Adventurer / TVR / Steven’s
2 Copycat / Prof. Rowan
3 Bebe's
1 Mr. Stone's

3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance

1 Crystal Shard
1 Strength Charm

3 Crystal Beach
1 Holon Lake

This is a bit off the top of my head. I haven't really had time to test Dragonite again lately, though I'm thinking that it would be a pretty good play against the format right now. Chingling is your starter & gives you all sorts of consistency for 0 energy. He allows you to reduce the number of some Supporters. Holon Lake is a tech that lets any starter act as Pinsir d, getting you a Pokemon or two that you need to set up.

I didn’t make room for SSU, but it would be perfect in this deck.

celebi for eccell and drop the alt. plus powers and Str charms to ko early when you move the nrg to power the draggy. and Vespiqueen will help you trade 1 prize instead of 2 from the dragon

Let's clean this up a bit. I'll put what i thing you might like in there and then explain why. I've played a similar deck and it's very likeable.

3-1 Chimecho
3-2-3 Dragonite ex
1-1 Altaria ex
1-0-1 Shiftry ex (CG)
2-1-2 Nidoqueen

3 H. Mentor
4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe
3 H. Adventure
2 Scott
1 Castaway
3 Crystal Beach
2 Stevens/copycat
1 night maintenace

12 grass
4 Delta Rainbow

Even though Dragonite's Roar takes 4 energy, acceleration is not too important since you like his first attack better and you'll be putting your opponent behind in energy with crystal beach. I swapped fearow for nidoqueen because she can attack as well, survives bench hits better, and plus you could name your deck Drag-queen. Because of chingling, you can afford to run less mentor, but you needed more draw power, so i upped the adventurer. you have no tools, so castaway is down to one (just in case you need to search an energy). Tech however you like, CG Shiftry is just my suggestion against all other poke-powers (enemy fearow can delta sign twice at the most!). make changes or not and let us know what you did.

Draggy+Eggy MT is the hotz.

Seriously, try it..It's rocked my league to the point where I'm being specifically teched against, lol.

2 Ways to do this;

POKEMON 21

4-3-4 Dragonite ex d
2-2 Altaria ex d
2-2 Fearow d
1-1 Cloyster d

TRAINERS 24

4 Bill's Maintenance
2 Professor Rowan/ TGW
2 Mentor
2 Castaway
2 Scott
4 Rare Candy
2 Night Maintenance
2 Battle Frontier
2 Crystal Beach
2 Windstorm

ENERGY 15

12 grass
3 Delta Rainbow

this is the Version of Altaria Ex I like and have had some success with! It is consistant and you can usually have a T2 Dex out and using Deafen no problems! The main issue is, it is complete EX and can have issues Late game do to the low Damage Count! Dragon Roara is a use last scenario after Deafen has slowed them a bit!

Here is the new list I am wokring with!!

POKEMON 20

4-3-4 Dragonite ex d
2-1-2 Pidgeot d
2-2 Fearow d

TRAINERS 24

4 Bill's Maintenance
2 Professor Rowan/ TGW
2 Mentor
2 Castaway
4 Rare Candy
3 Great Ball
2 Night Maintenance
3 Crystal Beach
2 Windstorm

ENERGY 15

9 Grass
4 Delta Rainbow
2 Holo GL

Pidgeot shuts down all non d power based decks! With Dex sitting there doing Deafen, Warp Point cant be used to force an issue with Pidgeot d and you Power the First Draggy with only 2 then commence ot setting up the Benched one asap! Great Ball gives it some speed and it works decent enough t oallow the Pidgeot to get out Quickly!

GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back