2 R Hidout
2 Desert Ruins

3 Steven's
2 Rocket Mission
3 Lanette's Net Search
2 Scott

4 Rocket's Poké Ball
2 Warp Point

right- most people will remember speedtrode or dragtrode or dark heart whatever people want to call it. for people who dont, the idea was to get dark energy/dark metals out of the deck with dark electrode, then move them around using dark dragonite. the dark dragonair worked so well because it let you search for the evolutions. effectively you had pokemon which cud get pokemon and energy. people played it with or without dunsparce. without (as i've gone for here as i dont rate plusle that highly) uses dual ball and lanettes etc to get basics out. the rockets sneasel was used to...well, hurt things!! big time!! 30+10 more for each dark pokemon on ur side of the field and THEN dark energies.

right, so thats the basic strategy. why am i reintroducing it then you ask? well, firstly, what killed the deck was battle frontier (and to a lesser extent, mount moon) and medicham. with all the eeveelutions going round- no mt moon. people are tending not to play battle frontier as well (disagree if you want, but every metagame is different), nor have i seen much medicham. theres four ruins in there anyway and with all the other exs going around...
secondly, ive noticed a great use for the new holon's evolutions. when u attach them, you have to take one energy back to your hand- ok, so take back a dark metal from a dark electrode's power, THEN have a double rainbow- fully moveable with dark dragonite!! two energy for the price of one, AND searchable with dark dragonair? sounds like a dream come true to me!!

so, what you guys think? please suggest changes and what you think of the idea in your metagame. please dont just say- oh, one medicham ex GG because im sure at a tournament i wont face 6 rounds of people ALL playing the same deck. i do love my tech cards and id like to use a pow but cant see room at the mo. please, tell me what you think of the idea.

thanks

Last edited:
Totodile said:
Energy : 16

4 Dark
3 Dark Metal
2 DRE
2 Boost
3 Lighting
2 Heal

what the hell is this ?!
you need 4 dark metal and holon magneton/ elctrode to make work this deck, take off lightning , heals and DRE for them and put some R energy to.
Maybe electode ex would be good to

Totodile said:
Pokèmon : 20

3 Dark Dragonite
2 Dark Dragonair (with power)
3 Dratini

2 Pidgeot (fr lg)
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgey

2 Dark Elektrode
2 Voltorb (fr lg)

2 Plusle
2 R Sneasel ex

Trainere : 24

2 Desert Ruins
1 Rocket`s Tricky gym
2 Rocket`s Hidout

2 Rocket`s Pokèball
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Energy Removal 2

2 Wally`s Training
2 Steven`s Advise
2 Rocket`s Mission
2 TV Reporter

Energy : 16

4 Dark
3 Dark Metal
2 DRE
2 Boost
3 Lighting
2 Heal

I think that list is disgusting, lol.

Here we go.
-2 heal
-3 lightning
-2 boost
-2 dre
-2 wally
-2 tvr
-2 mission
-3 rare candy
-2 er2
-1 gym
-2 hideout
-2 pidgey
-1 pidgeotto
-2 pidgeot
-2 plusle
-30 cards total
+1 dark metal
+4 holon's electrode
+2 r energy
+2 ruins
+2 rocket ball
+4 copycat
+1 stevens
+3 rocket's admin
+1 scott
+2 rocket's sneasel ex
+1 dark dragonair
+1 voltorb
+1 dark electrode
+4 dual ball
+2 lanette's
+1 briney

---

My numbers kept getting off by 2. Then I saw why, your original list couldn't even count right. You listed 24 trainers and only had 22 ~_~

:nonono:

Well, there you go, a MUCH better dragtrode list, one that actually has 60 cards to boot!

Pidgeot=crap, it detracts from you getting dragonite out, slowing the deck down. you dont need tech, tech is stupid in dragtrode, it's a beatdown deck. no pow, you dont go down on prizes, you should be UP. Pidgeot's been tried, its a LOT better without it, trust me.

Go check my dragtrode article in the archetype forum.

Last edited:
Have you ever thought people put a list here to get help, not to be made fun of.

Last edited:
^is right.

It might be helpful to take a look at the archtype statergies and have a look at Dragtode. Its a very good article. Good luck!

If you're looking to keep the Pidgeots in here, you can try something like...

POKEMON 27
4 Holon's Electrode/Magneton
4 Plusle
3 Dratini
3 Dark Dragonair
3 Dark Dragonite
2 Voltorb
2 Dark Electrode
2 Pidgey
1 Pidgeotto
2 Pidgeot
1 Rocket's Sneasel ex

TRAINERS 23
4 Rare Candy
4 Rocket's Poke Ball or Celio's Network
4 Desert Ruins
3 Steven's Advice
2 Copycat
2 Mr. Briney's Compassion
2 Swoop! Teleporter
1 Warp Point
1 Rocket's Admin

ENERGY 10
4 Darkness
4 Dark Metal
2 R

Hope this helps.

Dragtrode pwnpwnpwnpwnpwn

You don't need Pidgeot this season. Rocket's Scyther ex is nice though.

Wow.. too many energies!You don't need lightning and DRE for Dragtrode IMO.. just max out holon's magneton will do.I think holon's electrode is a better choice than holon's magneton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back