Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My first try at Vilegar (seniors-rergionals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks in advance for reading this and helping me, because i REALLY need all the help i can get. alright, without further delay, here is my shot at a Vliegar deck for regionals.

Pokemon

4 ghastly TR
3 Haunter TR
3 Gengar Sf
1 Gengar lv X
2 Oddish LA
2 Gloom UL
2 Vileplume UL
1 Eevee UL
1 Umbreon UL
4 Spiritomb AR
1 Unown Q
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

T/S/S

2 Rare Candy
3 BTS
2 Pokemon collector
4 Bebe's search
2 Copycat
1 Judge
1 PONT
1 Palmer's
2 Twins
1 Seeker
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy

Energy

2 Rainbow
2 Rescue
8 Psychic

Stratagy: Basic Vilegar. added Umbreon+Rainbow energies for the mirror and palmer's for recovery. All suggestions welcome, because i'm unfamiliar on how to play/run this, so i just took a guess @ making it.Please Help!

I honestly am not familiar with using this deck because..well..I've never used it.
But I don't see much use in a 1-1 umbreon line, but if you honestly want it, I guess that's your choice, try it out.
I'm pretty sure that running a warp energy would be helpful, considering luxchomp is big in this format, and they'll bring out your vileplume.
I'd also consider running any of these:
Mespritt
Gengar Prime
More Seeker

The mespritt put your opponent off leveling up to use pokepowers, the seeker can force them to bring up one of their pokemon, and since this is a non lost world deck, I doubt they'd predict you to bring out a gengar prime, and get rid of possibly one of their most valuable cards (e,g, Garchomp).

Looks quite good, I personally would have ran another Collector though.

You won't need 4 Cyrus. Maybe not even 1. You have to be careful because most SP decks use Smeargle UD and if you Judge them away to try and cripple them and draw into a Cyrus, they'll recover by Portraiting it.
I would also drop the Candies - you ideal start is Spiritomb and they'll be useless. You arely see Trainers in VileGar.
I was thinking of these changes:
-2 Rare Candy
-2 Cyrus' Conspiracy
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Psychic Energy

+2 Dark Energy
+1 Rescue Energy
+2 Warp Energy
+2 Seeker

Edit: I'll explain the other choices.
Instead of Rainbow Energy, I would include 2 Dark Energy, so you can search them with your Cyrus. The Rescue Energy is needed for Rescuing not only Gengar but Vileplume and maybe even Umbreon too.
Seeker is for healing Umbreon or Vileplume. Or you could recover Gengar by retreating into something like Spiritomb or Vileplume or Umbreon then rebenching Gengar then attaching Warp Energy to get back into Gengar.
But you are 100% going to need the Warp Energy. Vileplume is a big target of Bright Look.

Absolutely switch out the 4 TM Gastlys for SF ones. With Pitch Dark you have 8 trainer locking basics which is essential for this deck.

Hey, i just had an idea. What do you guys think about this:

-4 ghastly,+4 Ghastly sf
-2 Rare Candy
-2 Cyrus' Conspiracy
-2 Rainbow Energy
-1 Psychic Energy

+1 seeker
+1 Rescue
+2 Warp
+1-1 Mewtwo (for Sp)?

A few notes:

- You really need the Sf Gastly but if you cant get it, you dont need 4 Gastly. The only reason people use 4 Gastly in VileGar is because of the SF's trainer locking abilities.

- 2 Rare Candy is unnecesary. Your goal is to trainer lock early so you can slow your opponent, giving you time to set up your 2 stage 2's.

- 2-3 Cyrus's Conspiracy will do you just fine

- Atleast 3 Pokemon Collector would be wise

- 3-4 Rescue Energy is a better idea

- Dark Energy > Rainbow Energy. You can search Dark Energy.

- Warp Energy is NEEDED

- Is the Umbreon tech for a specific matchup that you have trouble with? Otherwise you don't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back