Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My HGSS set - 52 graphical fakes including 2 Legend cards and an Alph Lithograph

Mystery Thing

Administrator
Rare Holos
1 - Ampharos
2 - Dragonite
3 - Kingdra
4 - Scizor
5 - Steelix
6 - Tyranitar

Rares
7 - Crawdaunt
8 - Delibird
9 - Forretress
10 - Houndoom
11 - Misdreavus
12 - Murkrow
13 - Tauros
14 - Vileplume

Uncommons
15 - Corphish
16 - Dragonair
17 - Flaffy
18 - Gloom
19 - Mantine
20 - Nidorina
21 - Nidorino
22 - Pupitar
23 - Seadra
24 - Xatu

Common
25 - Dratini
26 - Dunsparce
27 - Horsea
28 - Houndour
29 - Larvitar
30 - Mareep
31 - Natu
32 - Nidoran Female
33 - Nidoran Male
34 - Oddish
35 - Onix
36 - Pineco
37 - Scyther
38 - Shuckle

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
39 - Dawn (Supporter)
40 - Lass (Supporter)
41 - Pokémon Music Club (Stadium)
42 - Flame Orb (Trainer/Tool)

Primes
43 - Bellossom
44 - Mismagius
45 - Nidoking
46 - Nidoqueen

Legends
47/48 - Celebi & Jirachi Legend
49/50 - Mew & Mewtwo Legend

Secret Rares
51 - Goldenrod Slots (Stadium)

Alph Lithograph
MET - Alph Lithograph

Whee, two complete sets down! Yay for time off before I need to get to work on a B/W set, haha. For the art, pretty much all of it is DA stuff - I posted links to all the individual DAs with each card as I posted them on the forum I typically do in-progress stuff on, but for the most part it's just IllusNameHere.deviantart.com.

Except for the Bellossom Prime. Fear my incredible art! :lol: The Bellossom was the one I did chronologically first, and since it was my first Prime ever, I wanted to do the art for it. Even if I suck. :thumb:

Oh, and for the Japanese Illus text on the Legend cards, that was me just picking random characters to make them look right. It's my assumption that it's total jibberish, and if it managed to actually spell something, that's a complete and total fluke.

Last edited:
This is quite an awesome set, though I do have a few comments.
Bellossom's first attack is very remniscent of Bellossom LA...just quite a fair bit weaker. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Xatu as an uncommon doesn't make much sense when a few worse cards are Rare. I wouldn't call him overpowered since he does need 3 energy, but he's quite the capable attacker since he only requires 1 Psy Energy as special energy.
Nidoqueen's power might need a bit of rewording - what if I attack a poke that has 10 HP left with a 70 damage attack? How would that be ruled? Perhaps let Nidoqueen take the full attack instead?

Epic legends.

These cards look amazing.

That's probably the best T-tar I've ever seen.

I wish all C-a-C was like this instead of dumb joke cards and stupidly broken stuff.

I think this is one of the best sets ever made in Create a Card. I wished this set came out instead of the next set.

This is quite an awesome set, though I do have a few comments.
Bellossom's first attack is very remniscent of Bellossom LA...just quite a fair bit weaker. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Xatu as an uncommon doesn't make much sense when a few worse cards are Rare. I wouldn't call him overpowered since he does need 3 energy, but he's quite the capable attacker since he only requires 1 Psy Energy as special energy.
Nidoqueen's power might need a bit of rewording - what if I attack a poke that has 10 HP left with a 70 damage attack? How would that be ruled? Perhaps let Nidoqueen take the full attack instead?

Epic legends.

Bella's second attack is probably overpowered though, considering how easy it is to get stuff into your discard pile. The attacks can't all be gems. :)

For Nidoqueen, then the original Active would still be KOed (and thus you wouldn't bother to use the power). Letting 'queen take all the damage would pretty much make an original Active invincible for at least a turn (well, other than counter placing), and I didn't want to make it that extreme.

I'd reword Ampharos' Body just a bit. Take out the last comma and make it an 'and' instead. The way it's written, I'm unsure if you do the second half ONLY if the first half succeeds, or if you do the second part regardless of the coin flip.

That being said, I LOVE houndoom! :3 I really like Goldenrod Slots, too. O.O I would LOVE a card like that!

I'm not too sure about Alph Lithograph/Greener Pastures. One thing that's remained the same is the whatever's in the Lost Zone is LOST.

The game does not differentiate between 'your lost zone' and 'your opponent's lost zone' Green pastures should read "...1 of your opponent's Pokémon in the Lost Zone..."
not to mention the Power is completely under broken, you have 1 chance to to get 2 heads, I would make it read so that if the power was successful then it couldn't be used again.

I'd reword Ampharos' Body just a bit. Take out the last comma and make it an 'and' instead. The way it's written, I'm unsure if you do the second half ONLY if the first half succeeds, or if you do the second part regardless of the coin flip.

That being said, I LOVE houndoom! :3 I really like Goldenrod Slots, too. O.O I would LOVE a card like that!

I'm not too sure about Alph Lithograph/Greener Pastures. One thing that's remained the same is the whatever's in the Lost Zone is LOST.

While I concede that Ampharos is sorta wordy, I'm alright with how it is. It's one continuous sentence with 3 consecutive steps, so I think it's clear enough. Besides, if I swapped out the comma for an "and," there would be a double "and" in the same list, and that's just wrong.

A lot of people seem to love the Houndoom, hehe :) I dunno why though! Thanks though :)

I didn't want to make Greener Pastures be the discard pile just because if it works, I'd rather that Pokémon be gone with (more or less) no chance at returning. Just personal preference. Sort of the same with the Lithohraph; I don't care to be bound by interpreted game rules. Just because there's never been a card to save something from the Lost Zone doesn't mean there's a rule explicitly forbidding it ever happen.

The game does not differentiate between 'your lost zone' and 'your opponent's lost zone' Green pastures should read "...1 of your opponent's Pokémon in the Lost Zone..."
not to mention the Power is completely under broken, you have 1 chance to to get 2 heads, I would make it read so that if the power was successful then it couldn't be used again.

Yeah, looks like you win the opponent's Lost Zone thing. Curse it and its being a mechanic I almost never use in my fakes, haha :p I'm not going to change it since I'm lazy, but yeah, I agree that what you said would be the correct wording.

As for Greener Pastures as a whole, if you get 2 heads, you can now take something like a fully loaded Stage 2 with 5 damage counters and switch it out for a 50 HP basic. Not only are you getting a 25% chance at a free Prize card, you're (essentially) doing it by having a free KO shot of any one of their Benched Pokémon. And I'm not giving a player a unlimited number of free shots at a Prize card.

I love the two stadiums, they are awesome !!!! Love the Mew/Mewtwo legend... finally I legend I would have to make a deck with!!!! The alph lithograoh is actually playable and becomes very important due to the lost zone stadium ! Love em ! GREAT GREAT JOB !!! I would buy this set today !!!!

A question, are the pictures all your own work? They are great. On the cards, the photoshop job on them is wonderful. I really like them, and I hope you continue. Don't like that Ampharos that much, but that's really an art style I don't like, so yeah. Great drawing though. And like baby mario said, that T-tar is great.

I LOVE:
Mantine (it's so original!)
Xatu (Waaaay broken)
Goldenrod Slots (Yet again, original)
Delibird (Funny attack names and unique)

Back