Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My 'Kingdra Evolution' deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven B

Hi everyone! :)

This is my 'Kingdra Evolution' deck. As i am new to the trading card game, this is the first ever deck i have made so it isn't that good.

Well, here goes......

Pokemon 19

1 x Kyogre Ex ( Promo )
3 x Horsea ( Aquapolis )
2 x Seadra ( Aquapolis )
1 x Seadra ( Dragon )
2 x Kingdra ( Aquapolis )
2 x Growlithe ( Sandstorm )
2 x Arcanine ( Sandstorm )
2 x Eevee ( Skyridge )
1 x Eevee ( Sandstorm )
1 x Vaporeon ( Skyridge )
1 x Flareon ( Skyridge )
1 x Espeon ( Sandstorm )

Energy 24

13 x Water energy
9 x Fire energy
2 x Phsycic energy

Trainers 17

2 x Fisherman ( Skyridge )
3 x Potion ( Expedition )
2 x Fast ball ( Skyridge )
1 x Tv Reporter ( Dragon )
1 x Healing Berry ( Aquapolis )
1 x Apricorn Maker ( Skyridge )
3 x Wally's Training ( Sandstorm )
2 x Juggler ( Expedition )
2 x Professor Oak's Reasearch ( Expedition )

What do you think of it? :)

( Just changed double colorless )

This is the new, hopefully improved Kingdra Evolution deck. :)

Last edited:
First off, if it is modified, Double Colorless Energy has to go. That thing has been banned for forever it seems, with the beginning of the first modified. Could switch with Bounce Energy, or more Basics, 1 more of each maybe?

I assume you are low on cards, being new and all, I would try to get 1 more Kingdra, or a Kingdra EX from Dragons.

I would also try and get more of certain Trainers, rather than relying on 1 of a bunch of different. With Kingdra's Power, Pokemon Nurse (Exp) is the best choice for healing. So is the new Dragons Supporter, Briney's Compassion.

Depending on ho wyou want to run them, I would make all the Eevee's the same. SS can get Eeveelutions quicker, but SK can build its energy up quicker.... Also consider SS Espeon. CCC attack is awsome on it.

Well, that should do for a start....

Yeah, pretty much same as. Haven't seen that many Fire and Water combo dex TBH.
I've got a Aq kingdra with hariyama backup to take out those double hitting electrics, love that water cyclone/any energy manipulation pokepower.

Thing to think about, like spec says it looks like you're using a limited card pool? The only time you'll see 1 of any card in a deck is if it's ex (and that's not often anyways) or a stadium card or something like relic hunter, which is in to boost the probability of getting the desired card out not for the card itself ( relic hunter lets you search for upto 2 stadium/supporter cards) and town volunteers

Still looking good for a first dude :cool:

Somebody direct this guy to dkates article I can't remember where it is!!!!!!

Thing to watch out for is the soon to be introduced ex-on format (others'll know the rough dates if there is any) for 'legal' club/league play. Which I'm a bit gutted about 'coz aq and sky are my fave sets :rolleyes:

Most likely, but considering if they drop Exp-Sky we are left with only 3 sets. That doesnt seem too likely, probly will happen after Magma/Aqua set, or the set after that. So for now the deck is fine.

I still think Espeon (SS) is a good addition to your Eevee line. It is rare, but I have like 6 of them out of roughly 1-1 1/2 boxes of SS, so they are farely easy to get/trade for. Its Second attack cost CCC and does Damage x # of energy your opponent has in play. Perfect for smacking a Gardy or Gardy EX hard. Just be carefull since it is also weak to those 2 as well....

If you plan on collecting/buying packs of Dragons, watch for Brineys Compassion and 1-2 Kingdra EX. The new Horsea's and Seadra's are worth a look too. Also, coincedently, there is a Stadium in Dragons that boost Fire and Water Pokemon. It is either High/Low Pressure System (forget which is which), but it will give all Water and Fire Pokemon in play -1 retreat cost.

Trade for or ask people you play with for some Switch trainer cards. These should be fairly easy to get, probably for free since it has been released in at least 4 different sets (Base, Base 2, Exp, and RuSa) and is a Common I believe. Should be able to pick up a few Moo-moo's too, released in at least 2 different sets and also common. Try to balance your trainers between Supporter and non Supporters. To many Supporters is a bad thing, but they are required for draw/healing too.

Also consider SS Dunsparce for finding Basics quickly.... more later....

Add Kingdra ex from Dragons. Its Genetic Memory attack is BRUTAL!!! Believe me I know... Also, play the Agility Seadra from dragons and the Retaliate Horsea from Dragons. Retaliate requires a coin flip, but if heads, do 10 times the amount of damage on Kingdra with Genetic Memory. Kingdra ex has 150 hp!!! that's 140 damage! Hope I helped.
-Swampert

well, other than buying packs, or trading locally, you can try the trading post furom here on this sight, Ebay,ect. There are a couple of card shops that use Ebay, contact them for prices on certain cards you need, and have them mailed together to save on S&H.

I don't have an inside track on when EXON (RSon) might be introduced... I'd expect that the change wuld be announced prior to worlds. So EXON August 2004????

Sorry Steven B but Elm isnt allowed, Best of or Gen. Try either Copycat or Oaks Research.

Also since it is a :fire: /W deck, try to get a High Pressure System stadium or 2 in here. It allows all :fire: /W Pokemon -:colorless retreat cost.

Thanks Spectreon! ;)

Okay, i will change them back to Prof Oak's reasearch. :)
The only probelm is that i don't have any High Pressure systems. Are they in any theme decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back