Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

my nationals experience

headers_squirtle

hey its heather and this was my first nationals tournament. since its a 14 hour drive to ohio we left on wednesday and arrived on thursday about 3 in the afternoon. we checked into our hotel and went to the convention center to get our badges and see who was there.some of our friends are there and we hang out for a little bit and then return to the hotel.

PROFESSOR CUP
I just became a professor a month ago and i had 10 points so that i could play in this tournament. the first 6 packs i got AWESOME packs. in my first pack i pulled an entire line of sceptile and then i alos pulled rare candy, wally's training, and camerupt ex.so my deck is fire, grass, and electrode to throw it off.
round 1-
i believe i got a pretty decent start, and i ended up winning this game.
1-0

round 2-
i don't remember much of this game but i took this game too.
2-0

now its time for a lunch break and after the lunch break we get two more packs to build a 50 card deck. i end up pulling a 2-2 line of ninetales. this just adds to my fire line, i also add in breloom.

round 3-
i think this game i ended up with a pretty decent set up,and i win this game.
3-0

round 4-
this game was a good game but my oppponent gets set up faster and wins the game.

now we receive 2 more packs and build a 60 card deck, and by this time my deck has become less and less consistent.

round 5-6-7
i dont remeber much of these games, i just remember ending up 5-2.

TOP 16
i go into top 16 and we get to draft emerald. i end up pulling a medicham ex and meditites, then i pull a gardy and start making that line, them some one passes me a gardy and now i have a 4-2-2 line of gardevior.
my first match is against gym leader phil. we both get a decent start and it goes prize for prize. i end up taking this game after he doesn't get any energy and my gardy knocks it out.

TOP 8
This game was over turn 2. i go second and i start with a voltorb and he starts with a ryhorn. i knew if i didnt get a basic, that it was game and so it was.

NATIONALS!!!
i don't have my trip, so i know that i have to do well today. i end up playing rocklock which was a bad choice. i began the day by filling out my deck list and hanging out with my friends.now its time for round 1.

round 1-dark steelix
this game is over pretty quickly because i start with a couple basics and can't seem to get an evolve. he gets dark steelix and the game is over from there.
0-1

round 2-fire deck
i start with a larvitar and he starts with a snorlax. i go first and get two heads. then i get a second turn dark tyranitar and he can't evolutions so samd damage gets me 5 prizes at once.
1-1

round 3-???
i don't remeber much of this game all i know is that i ended up winning this game.
2-1

round 4-machamp
this fame i get a really slow start and he gets machamp really quick. i can't recover and he pulls his last prize.
2-2

round 5-dark amphy/dark electrode
this game is so slow for me, i can;t get dark tyranitar to be able to knock out his amphy since its weak, by time i do get one, i can't recover and i lose this game.
2-3

round 6-dark steelix/milotic
i don't get that great of a start. he gets a pretty decent draw and i can;t get enough damege on the steelix to knock it out before he heals it with milotic and this game also goes to time.
2-4

i am now 2-4 and i decide to play out the last 2 games to try and break even for the day.

round 7-??
i don't remeber this game but i did win it.
3-4

round 8-metagross
we both get pretty good set ups, but mine is just a bit faster and i am able to get going and starting to take prizes. i end up taking all 6 prizes and break even for the day.

i stay for a while after this to see who makes top cut. jacy was 6-2 but he was one of the people who didn't make it. since i did so horrible i get to play in the grinder this year. see everyone at worlds. :clap:

props-
dad and i making top 8 in professor tourney
eric p. getting his trip
getting to see all my friends
going 4-2 in modified event on sunday

slops-
clay and i not making cut
jacy not making cut
playing rocklock and doing bad
mom going 1-6 in professor tourney
14 hour long drive

It is a shame Jacy didn't mean the cut. I believe he was 1/2 of the people that didn't make the cut that had his score. Jacy's an awesome person and it's a shame he couldn't defend his title.

Yeah Jacy got screwed being one of 3 people not to make it ( Him, Croc, and Crobat_and_Son I believe....) Really lame. Plus, Colin shoulda made t32 if Croc didn't stall him, and I wouldn't have minded, but Croc's resistance hated him and screwed him too. Not good.

Nice God draft too. t8 is good none the less!

You left out a few Props and Slops too tho!

Props
--------
Meeting Pokemon Master Chris Fulop!

Slops
--------
Spilling Lemonade On Pokemon Master Chris Fulop's Blaziken Deck!

J/k ;) See ya at Worlds and AIM if your ever on :p

-60 cards, +1 Chuck Lock

Wait? Not a deck fix? Nvm ;)

I believe your reasoning for not including Pidgeot was for mirror match, which you played in rounds 1, 3, 4, 5 and....oh, you never played mirror match in swiss? At least it was the most played deck there and you made the right metagame choice...oh? what is that Seena G? You tell me T2 and Ludi were the most played decks? Hmm. Its ok, I still love ya! Pidgeot doesn't though. The tournament was tough, you just caught some rough beats. I'm sure you'll do good at Worlds :) See ya in top 2?

Shoulda run the Pidgeot =(

MK Choy ran the Pidgeot =)

Oh well, nice showing anyways. See you at worlds!

Last edited:
Better Luck in the Grinder Header...

Yea I didnt make it largely due to losing 2 games on flips LoL...Oh Well...Thats how the Luck goes sometimes....

See Ya @ Worlds And GL With Hurricane Dennis....Hope All Is Well and that everything makes it through.

Back