Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Nats Report of Failure

Dr. Mason

All these reports seem to be from people who did WELL. Well I DIDN'T. Have a problem? Cool. :'D

Well I had been working on an EmpoStar deck for weeks building and testing decks by myself, as I have not many poke-friends, and teetering in the edge of playing Bronzong/Garchomp. So my traveling friend shows up a night before we leave, and I give him his share of the EmpoStar cards. Well, it becomes apparent that one of us has to let the other have all the EmpoStar cards or there just isn't enough to go around. Chris doesn't wanna give, so I let him have all my EmpoStar cards and I am forced to cobble together whatever I can in one night. So I'm stuck playing a build of Skittles, a deck I have never ever played, and have since found I dislike. Sorry MadHatter :'D It was the only cards I had really. I had almost enough emp star cards and torterra cards but when I got to Nats no one wanted to trade so I was locked into having Skittles. Masters division? I lose, and I know it.

Round 1 vs. (I never remember anyone's name silly. Vegeta SS4 maybe? Was this the guy? Anyway.)

I have a pretty lame start to begin with and he gets T2 Claydol, Torterra, and Sceptiles. Plus, two togekiss prized. I even SSU and Serene grace twice for like, 2 energy? Yeah. I'm dead. Not much else to say here.

0-1

Round 2 vs. Ross(the really good one)

Empo Bronzong? Crud. Lame start as always, and Serene Grace yields almost nothing. Combined with weakness advantage he wins quickly.

0-2

Round 3 and 4 vs. Ssomeone

I losses begin to blur here, and I haven't slept in a long time. I don't even remember what I played against for these matches, but each time I knew I had lost at the very beginning.

0-4

Round 5 vs. someone with Honchkrow

I actually win this match! They get Honchkrow X but I stay persistent with Togekiss attacking and Ho oh and win. Hurrah.

1-4

Round 6 vs. Porygon Z X deck

I was kinda worried, as I've barely ever played this deck. It was kinda close due to once againepicly lame start with Togetics prized but I pull through and KO a couple of Z's.

2-4

After this me and Chris were pretty exhausted and knew we weren't going anywhere.(he had 1-5 due to terrible starts like me) Bad luck just seems to follow us around. Afterwards we wait TWO HOURS for a ride and get attacked by hobos and *** pride peeps.(no joke, seriously) Finally, my mum shows up and drags us away and we collapse in the hotel.

Pretty bad and expensive Nats, but at least not as bad as last year, wherein my binder was stolen and I had to start from almost nothing.

Thanks for the comment and many lulz too that I just realized a perfectly legitimate life choice is censored on gym. Wow. Haha.

Skittles isn't the most faithful deck around. When the cards fall well it unstoppable. When they don't well... I was in the same situation at a BR. I had just built Empstar but hadn't tested much. I got lazy and played Skittles. The same deck that got me 11th in regionals. It went 2-4 at BR. Better luck next time...

Hay, finally a report that didn't do well. Awesome. :) Nice report. At least better than last year, hopefully it'll be getting better. Good job. :)

Skittles is a cruel mistress. I top 16 at Regionals with it, then it went 2-3 at one of the easiest BRs I've ever been to. It doesn't help that EmpoZong was the second most popular deck of the day.

Back