1 warp point
4 pokemon rescue
3 bts

energies
2 Dark Energy
1 Lightning Energy
=3
-
Strategy, just a basic Gyarados list and a basic Gyarados strategy. Get set up with Sableye and Pokemon Collector and you know why. Ditto is for the mirror match with expert belt.

Last edited:
Well, Gyarados is highly played in my area. So, I would really keep the ditto for the mirror. Though, would dropping the Gyarados help?

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try out?

Well, Gyarados is highly played in my area. So, I would really keep the ditto for the mirror. Though, would dropping the Gyarados help?

Anyone have any suggestions for me to try out?

Increase Claydol line to 2-2, and drop the Crobat G's. Then you can drop the poketurn for Pluspowers.

Keep 1-1 Claydol and the Crobat Gs. Your list is solid, but its also pretty plain. I would suggest 4 Reversal/ Blower/ Luxray GL Lv X to turn the tide of a game.

Max out the pokemon rescues for sure. They are your best recovery.
Also drop the plus powers because with crobats and a bet you can basically one hit alot of the format. I would add it at least 3 cyclone energy for disruption and to help build energy if you are walled by double mimes. You can also drop the 2 double colorless and the last plus power for some pokemon reversals or a 1-1 or 2-1 luxray if you can afford it. Other than that your list is pretty solid.

I've been playing gyarados for some months now and have a record in sanctioned events of 15~6 (not amazing but I got second in my first tourny( city chAmps)). I've twisted and tweaked and I feel a very powerful gdos build is as follows:

4-2 gyarados
4 sableye
1 mr mime (for the mirror)
1-1 luxray gl x
1 lunatone/regice
1 azelf
1 uxie
2 crobat g

4 poketurn
3 super scoop up
2 bucks training
2 plus power
3 roseannes research
1 pokemon collector
2 Cyrus conspiracy
2 night maintenance
4 felicities drawing
1 luxury ball
4 pokemon rescue
1 bebes search
1 sp radar
2 broken time space
2 expert belt
2 warp point
2 warp energy
3 dark energy
1 electric energy

It's easy to be set up attacking by turn 2-3. The roseannses are really good for grabbing sableye and a dark energy as a turn 1-2 donk is very possible. I've found this list just getting faster and more resiliant. As well I always have a full hand (and then some) and find claydol uneccessary. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back