Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My own website

crazypokemon

I was thinking of creating my own website but not sure how to?
Can anyone give me ideas how to go about my own website.
I have ideas for just not sure how to set it up.Thanks.

If you want a good looking website, I'd recommend you use an HTML editor. Dreamweaver is very simple and very userfriendly (WYSIWYG), but it is limiting if you want big projects and it is mildly expensive. Notepad+ can be very good to make websites, but you need to have a strong knowledge in HTML. As far as hosting goes, I personally use godaddy. It is mildly expensive, but the servers are always up and I have not had any problems with them before. If you want a real website, I'd recommend you avoid the free websites. They are extremely limiting (most won't even let you edit HTML). Good luck and have fun. If you have any HTML/PHP/whatever questions, I'm always able to help :)

First you'll need web space.

One option is to stand up your own site on your own (sort of - you "rent it") server.

You can purchase your own domain name (www.crazypokemonswebsite.com, for example) from places like godaddy.com or namecheap.com (my preference).

Secondly, you need webspace. Both of the above places off web hosting. Lots of others too (including Yahoo and the one I use, telnap.com (but I don't recommend them)).

Once you have the name and the server, you put up whatever you want people to see.

(There's obviously more to it than that, but that's what you need to get started.)

I believe that Yahoo, GoDaddy, and Namecheap will help walk you through it.

Another option is (as Charlie pointed out) Wordpress and services like them. (I don't know a lot about them, so I defer to others.)

well i was thinking of having my own website for pokemon and have it associted with my youtube page.
Thinking of having pics,videos, and scans of every pokemon item possible.
I was thinking of uploading the episodes to my own pokemon fan site,upload pics/scans of every card possibly made, and scan beckett magazines and prima offfical guide.

trying to create the ultimate fan page,
dont get me wrong gym,beach,serebii and others are great sites but the rules (both the users and the runners of the site) limit themselves what they can do.
I wanna create a free for all site.
Give more freedoms to the fans.

Be very very careful with legal issues. I'd highly recommend you read up on the laws regarding websites such as what you are proposing. Scanning magazines in the past has had disastrous results (scantilation [scan + translation] websites have been shut down... scan websites could be bad). Although, do all you can. Many years ago, a 14 year old kid made a Pokemon fan site... it ended up becoming one of the top fan sites out there (beach). Who says that type of thing can't happen again? I'd highly recommend you invest serious money if you want to make this a serious endeavor (advertising will give you money back), and you check up on legal issues. Other than that, I'll support another fan site (I need another place to waste my time anyways).

Well i dont plan on making money,i will probably ask for donations to get by because things cost money but if i sell something or charge something it will probably be on youtube or through a private message.
but overall i will be asking for donations.
also thinking of having a stream site.
But even then i wouldent be selling scans of magazines i would uplaod it for free on the site.

I was planing on putting beckett on gym they said a long as its not for profit thats fine but pokegym declined the idea because they dident want to get in trouble.
beckett gave me permission as long as i dont make money.

I would put all the magazines from pokemon beckett on the site.
As for prima i havent asked them yet.But i do plan on doing so.

For anything i can do a PDF file and only have members access the magazine section.

But i would like to have episodes uploaded to the site,I have the majority DVDs from season 1-johto master quest.

So i would be using my own Dvds to upload.

Perhaps i can give the episodes/magazines to those who earn it,like a year memebership with mayber 1000 post and have good behavior let them access it being good.
Im thinking outloud.
But anymoney i would make would be donations or my collection im selling.

You can use advertisements to collect an income. Asking for donations rarely yields anything worthwhile. Advertisements on the website can be slightly annoying, but they yield a good income and they are not too much of an inconvenience to the user. As for distribution, distributing to members only does not change the legality of the issue. This is a grey area for me, so I'd highly recommend you read up on it. You know that FBI warning at the beginning of DvDs that says "blah blah blah unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this disk work is illegal blah blah blah"... it may make your website idea illegal. I'd point you to the Fair Use Act as that is usually why uploading copyrighted material is made legal. That being said, your website sounds awesome, and I'd love to help you with it. Just be very careful in its execution. If you stick to your plans, you'll be a fantastic webmaster with a great website.

what about uploading all that stuff to youtube and say "for educational purposes only" that gets alot of videos to stay on youtube.and or put it unlisted and only those with the link can access it.
Only have members to the site my site/and youtube site to access it.

I was thinkingas going by as pokemonuncut or pokemonfannation as my sites name.

I only have a few vids up on youtube and have a few thousand views already.
i think 8k views with about 10 videos.

I barely even started and im doing good so far.

I think i can make it with donations alone because on my site i show things people never see else on youtube.
But how do i go about the advertising?

ok thanks,
I would like to upload card scans without watermarks on my site,how do i get pics of every card without a watermark though?

You would have to scan them yourself, or get people to scan theirs for you.

The whole reason websites use watermarks is to stop someone else from stealing their scans.

If you weren't bothered about people using the stuff you spent hours and hours scanning without giving you any credit, then yes.

Well i wanna get attention from the fans,i wanna give them what they want.They all ask for scans w.o watermarks.

Also i will be asking for donations so i wanna keep the fans happy so they would want to donate for my hard work and to keep up with it.

From the fans perspective not mine how good will this be for the fans.

People who visit websites aren't normally called 'fans':lol:

It's up to you, but having watermarks doesn't seem to have hurt the popularity of the Gym or PokeBeach.

Best of luck with the donations.

1. Use GoDaddy for buying domain names (google search for coupon codes and you can save a few bucks)

2. HostGator is decent hosting for smaller websites. I've used BlueHost too but their servers were slow.

3. Use WordPress to create your website. It lets you get started pretty quickly and it has pretty much infinite customization.

how do i create a chat room,and or video chat room, i wanna be able to let people at add content to their FB and twiitter, how can i make the page work with the members Fb twiitter page?
thanks.

Forget about chat rooms and FB + Twitter stuff. Chats don't work until you have a ton of traffic, and FB and Twitter buttons will make your site look dead when nobody clicks them. Focus on good site design and good content.

If you have any questions or would like any advice, just let me know. I know a little bit about this stuff.

What about the episodes and magazines, how do i make sure i dont get shut down for that...or get in any trouble?

Also is there any "virtual magazine" i dont want to scan pages and expect people to go back anc click the next link to read.
i wanna let them click next and go tot he enxt page and stufff for the magazines i scan.

Its onna cost me alot of money just to get the magazines so i may scan them,i wanna do a good job with it.

Back