Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My third 3rd Place (NC States)

KingGengar

Hey hey hey:

I just got home and still have a little energy, so here's my report.

Prelim: Hmmm, Machamp or Luxchomp? Or GG? Gardylade wasn't consistent enough for me, so I went wit h the SP deck. Pretty standard stuff except maybe for Honchkrow.

Morning: on time! Nice hotel setting. Free cookies! Hello to all my friends.

Round 1: vs GG : He powerlocked early and even TGW'd me! But somehow made Uxie Lv.X come out with DCE and Lucario for KO. Key came when I did the same to Belted Queen. 1-0

Round 2: vs Magnezone: He didn't get a good start. 2-0

Round 3: vs Jumpluff: He had no luck with Energy and it didn't help that I took all his Claydol and Sprayed everything else. 3-0

Round 4: vs. Jumpluff: Oddly, Josh had the same problem as the previous game. 4-0

Round 5: vs. Gyarados. T1'd his lone Karp. Sorry. We played 2 more and I took 1 of the next 2 also. 5-0

Round 6: vs. Gengar w. Mewtwo Lv.X. I got 4 prizes before his Mewtwo came out, and I was able to get the 2 I needed before it was over. 6-0

OK, so that was pretty cool!

TOP 8: vs. Palkia Lock (Evan): Wasn't looking forward to this. Game 1, he went ahead by 2, but I KO'd his Downer Azelf and took Game 1 when he didn't recover the Downer. Game 2 was similar. 7-0

TOP 4: wanted to play the Gengar or Charizard deck remaining, but I got another Palkia Lock (Kevin Nance). Game 1 was a blowout for Kevin. Game 2 was even for a prize or two, then I pulled ahead, so he scooped. Game 3 was excellent. I took out the Downer early, and we went prize for prize when we could score. He Sprayed wisely as did I. Perhaps I could have saved a Spray for later in the game, but the key was his retrieval of Downer and Toxicroak Promo. So when time was called, he took a prize to go ahead, and I could take one also, but losing to either Palkia or Revenge. Great match.

7-1

My third States 3rd place. GREAT TO SEE YOU ALL!

PROPS:
Jeff for another quality event.
Keith for outstanding judging.
Toni for terrific behind-the-scenes work!
Nance brothers for skill and class.
The "magic hand"
No speeding tickets

SLOPS:
Misplacing my Stadium (those who know, know)

Last edited:
Cody: good to see you too, man! I guess I will see you at the BR before Nationals.

Keith: Thanks, bro. Been thinking on that Power Spray use, and you're probably right. Not sure if it's gonna be Va or Ga.

Zac: Hey brother! Thanks! Maybe I'll see you at Regionals if you go.

Cody: good to see you too, man! I guess I will see you at the BR before Nationals.

Keith: Thanks, bro. Been thinking on that Power Spray use, and you're probably right. Not sure if it's gonna be Va or Ga.

Zac: Hey brother! Thanks! Maybe I'll see you at Regionals if you go.

No sirree, I am back at school again, and won't be home until Battle Roads -- expect me then.

Good news is, I don't have a race scheduled the weekend of SoCal regionals, so I'll be competing there with any luck.

Tom: I'm not in the heat of battle and been doing so all day and into the evening. Things look different when you are competing vs. judging. You did well.

Keith

Last edited:
Xioner: Yes, it was a nail-biter for a while there.

Zac: You're doing great. Keep it up! I'll see you at BR for sure! GL in Cali.

Keith: Thanks. Us "old folks" need to stick together.

You went undefeated in swiss at states? HOLY COW! That is amazing.

Of course you were a victim to the Nance Dance. :p

3rd place is still amazing! Good luck at Regionals!

Congradulations on getting 3rd place Tom. It was good to see you again. I might be at reginals too. :smile:

Back