Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

my typhlosion d deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Matrix999

been working on this for a while after not playing for a year and a half. different concept. netted me 4th at cities so its not too terrible. just needs speed.

pokemon: 17
3 lickitung df
4 cyndaquil uf
2 quilava d df
3 typlhosion d
1 typhlosion UF
2 slugma dx
2 magcargo dx

energy:16
6 fire
6 psychic
1 scramble
1 DRE
2 holon ff

triners: 27
4 full flame
4 rare candy
3 holon transciever
3 holon mentor
2 holon adventurer
3 copycat
4 tv reporter
1 warp point
1 holon farmer
1 holon lass
1 scott

strategy to this deck is pretty sick imo :smile: . the concept isnt really dependent on typhlos power rather than his attack combined with full flame. 2 fires on your typlho and your attack does 60 and burn. full flame makes it so that they get 40 on a bad burn flip. so essentially typlho hits for 100 at turn. 90 with DRE attached. and if their hp is higher than that (pretty unlikely) or they hit a heads on burn. odds are they dont hit heads at the end of their turn.
i know the deck wont be as fast or faster than reggs or banetter but it keeps up really well midgame. problems i have are quick starts, and keeping the typhlo out of ohko range on from raichu+cursed stone. im testing a different varient which is -2slugma-2cargo, and playing houndoom instead to keep the gym/stop cessation crystal. any fixes,criticisms are very welcome. its good to be back and posting on here !:thumb:

First, change to cyndaquil d so you can delta draw.

-2 fire
-2 psychic
-2 holon ff
-1 TVR

+2 scramble
+1 dre
+4 Holon's castform

Holon's castform will turn your bad starts good and speed the deck up a LOT.

arbok delta is a really good pokemon to add to this deck or maybe some magby to increase odds of t1 kill

yea i'd think about the possibility of 2-2 arbok instead of magcargo. magcargo does have a great power but when you're stuck with him active it's basically a free prize.

I've never had much experience with Typhlosion decks, but I'll give it a try.

The_Matrix999 said:
been working on this for a while after not playing for a year and a half. different concept. netted me 4th at cities so its not too terrible. just needs speed.

pokemon: 17
+4 Jirachi (DX)
+4 Cyndiquil δ
3 lickitung df -3
4 cyndaquil uf -4
2 quilava d df
3 typlhosion d +1
1 typhlosion UF -1
2 slugma dx
2 magcargo dx

energy:16
6 fire +1
6 psychic +1
1 scramble +1
1 DRE +1
2 holon ff -2

triners: 27
+2 Holon Ruins
+1 Holon Scientist
4 full flame -2
4 rare candy
3 holon transciever +1
3 holon mentor -1
2 holon adventurer
3 copycat -3
4 tv reporter
1 warp point
1 holon farmer
1 holon lass
1 scott -1

strategy to this deck is pretty sick imo :smile: . the concept isnt really dependent on typhlos power rather than his attack combined with full flame. 2 fires on your typlho and your attack does 60 and burn. full flame makes it so that they get 40 on a bad burn flip. so essentially typlho hits for 100 at turn. 90 with DRE attached. and if their hp is higher than that (pretty unlikely) or they hit a heads on burn. odds are they dont hit heads at the end of their turn.
i know the deck wont be as fast or faster than reggs or banetter but it keeps up really well midgame. problems i have are quick starts, and keeping the typhlo out of ohko range on from raichu+cursed stone. im testing a different varient which is -2slugma-2cargo, and playing houndoom instead to keep the gym/stop cessation crystal. any fixes,criticisms are very welcome. its good to be back and posting on here !:thumb:

Jirachi is a pretty good starter. In a deck with the Holon Engine, Scott is not needed. 3 Mentor is a bit much. With 4 Transceiver, 2 Mentor will suffice. Personally, I never play Copycat and Scientist in the same deck for Consistency's sake, but that is personal preference. You may switch them if you wish.
I put the Scientist in because it runs with the Holon Engine. Simple as that. Holon Energy FF doesn't really do you any good because there aren't many water decks running around. I put Holon Ruins in your deck because combined with Magcargo, you can pretty much search your deck for any card and put it in your hand. I added another DRE and Scramble to up your chances of getting them when you need them. I changed your Cyndiquils so that you could take advantage of Holon Ruins early on. I added one more Typhlosion δ for Consistency's sake. I added a Fire and a Psychic because there was extra space. lol

The Deck should now look like:

Pokemon: 18

4 Jirachi (DX)
4 Cyndaquil δ
2 Quilava δ
4 Typhlosion δ
2 Slugma (DX)
2 Magcargo (DX)

Trainers: 24

4 Holon Transceiver
2 Holon Adventurer
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Farmer
1 Holon Lass
2 Holon Ruins
2 Full Flame
4 Rare Candy
4 TV Reporter
1 Warp Point

Energy: 18

7 Fire
7 Psychic
2 Scramble
2 DRE

Hope this works out for you! :thumb:

go u need to completle rebuild the deck

ok so this is wat you need to run
3 typhloshion d
1 typhloshion UF
3 quilava
4 cyndaquil
2 gardy d ex
1 gardy d
2 kirlia
3 ralts
2 jynx
2 smoochum
2 arbok
2 ekans
2 fearow
2 spearow
4 holon castform

then fun the holon engine and 4 full flame

This is a pretty good Typhlosion build, but you are missing some key items:

pokemon: 18

4 cyndaquil uf
2 quilava d df
3 typlhosion d
1 typhlosion UF
2 slugma dx
2 magcargo dx
2 Ekans d
2 Arbok d

By taking oout the Lickitung, you can add in the 2-2 Line of Arbok d that would work really well in here with the whole burn theme! Everything else looks nice and starting the the UF Cynda is not a bad idea as many ppl are turning to Mawile for a Starter Pokemon! Magcargo seems Clunky, but with your draw engine, it works perfectly.. he is annoying when stuck active though, but that will be addressed!

triners: 28

4 holon transciever
2 holon mentor
3 holon adventurer
3 tv reporter
1 holon farmer
3 Celio's
1 scott
1 copycat
2 warp point
4 full flame
4 rare candy

I think part of your issue was no way of getting out your pokemon. No Celio, Researcher, or PETM slows you down as you were relying on drawing into everything you needed. Whereas this can work, my suggestion would be to get some search in there to setup your Magcargo sooner for the SO to take place for faster setup! Since you are using Magcargo, why not up the Adventruer to 3 and drop the TVR to 3 giving you a more balanced draw and a searchable draw with Transciever! Copycat went to one to make room for the 4th Trans and Celios. Shuffle draw is nice, but why rely on your opponents hand size?? added another Warp Point ofr Cargo to get it out of there when it gets locked into the active spot. 2 Mentor is do to going with 3 Celios.. can do the same thing essentially in getting a basci if needed!

energy: 14
6 fire
4 Rainbow (not Delta)
3 DRE

1 scramble

You really dont need Psychic energy in here since it only requires 1 for Ty d. Go with Rainbow and DRE for the P requirment. Rainbow wont hurt anything since you have Shady Move.. it works exactly like Banette Ex players, attach the Rainbow then move the damage! If you attach it to UF Ty, ok.. Rage for 60 so there is no real downfall to using Rainbow in here! UP your DRE to 3 to get off that quick T2 Burn! Since focusing somewhat on the Burn status, get it asap! THe faster hit with it works well and again gives that P requirement! so now oyu have 7 P nrg cards with benefits!

Hope you like it and it works for you... the other option would be to - the 2-2 Arbok d line and go with 4 Windstorm for those Cessation Crystal decks which will shut you down quick! GL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back