Will we see you at all THREE? :clap:
  • Over 120 cards, including more than 25 brand-new Pokémon
  • New Fossils that evolve into powerful Pokémon
  • Legendary Psychic Pokémon that are even more powerful when played together
  • Pokémon with Berries that give them extra protection
  • Even more of the exciting new Pokémon LV. X
  • Each booster pack now contains 10 game cards
  • Two 60-card theme decks available - Armor Fortress and Skull Charge
  • Another GREAT pack of Deck Sleeves with Mysterious Treasures Art!!!

NOTE LOCATION CHANGE for Portland

Basic Information - EUGENE (8/18/07)
4750 Village Plaza Loop, Eugene, OR
Date - Saturday, August 18th, 2007

Basic Information - Portland (8/25/07) LOCATION CHANGE
315 SE 3rd AVE, Portland, OR

Date - Saturday, August 25th, 2007

Basic Information - SALEM (8/26/07)
B]Location:[/B] Borderlands Games
546 High St NE, Salem, OR
Date - Sunday, August 26th, 2007

Time - 11:00 AM (registration) (play begins as soon as we complete registration)
The main tournament will last 5 to 6 hours

Tournament Structure
Three Age Divisions:
>> Juniors (born in 1996 or later)
>> Seniors (born in 1992, 1993, 1994, or 1995)
>> Masters (born in 1991 or earlier)

Format – Sealed Deck (all cards provided) Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)

Cost - $25

Additional Information - Call (503) 888-1366 or e-mail [email protected]

Prizes Prizes Prizes
  • Exclusive Promo and Mysterious Treasures Card Sleeves (while supplies last)
  • All Players get 2 additional Mysterious Treasures boosters when they complete the tournament!!!
  • All players get to pick from the “Mystery Box”, which contains a random selection of Pokémon Foils, Black Star Promo cards and ???
  • Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items – We have a GREAT selection of unique Pokemon Items for these giveaways!!!

THEME DECK CHALLENGE: If you are just learning to play Pokémon, you might be interested in a more casual format. Instead of the main Prerelease tournament, you can participate in a theme deck challenge, which will be a non-sanctioned tournament. You will be given a brand new Mysterious Treasures theme deck to battle with. Everyone wins an additional 4 Mysterious Treasures boosters and a Special Mysterious Treasures Deck Box when they complete the tournament. Parents can help their younger children, or children can help their parents learn the game. Learn to play the game, get the new cards and have a lot of FUN in the process. You can’t lose! Quantities of Theme Decks are limited, so priority will be given to beginners.
Entry fee - $25.00

Side Events
PLEASE STAND BY FOR GB TOURNAMENT INFORMATION.

SIDE EVENT TOURNAMENTS: Following the main tournament we will run side events using the new Mysterious Treasures theme decks and boosters. The type of tournaments we run depends on what players want. We can do booster drafts or theme deck sealed. Prizes will be Mysterious Treasures boosters (the amount of prizes depends on number of participants).
Entry fee - $20.00

BDS

Last edited:
kool

Ive been absent from like, everything pokemon since the beginning of summer (heh, I got grounded).

wah.

So I maybe (unlikely :'[ ) make this one.

Side Events
PLEASE STAND BY FOR GB TOURNAMENT INFORMATION.

I really wish you'd quit posting that, BDS. >_>
Getting back on topic, with Chris's approval I've updated the DS tournament rules. The new stuff is in bold print.
DS TOURNAMENT: (Recently updated) Throughout the day, there will be a DS tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament. RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of Level 70 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; No Latios/Latias with Soul Dew item; No Wobuffet/Wynaut with Leftover/Shell Bell items; You may only have ONE Pokemon from the following list on your team: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Giratina, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy; No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Heal Order, Heal Wish, Roost, Lunar Dance, Aqua Ring, Explosion, Selfdestruct, Slack Off, Milk Drink, Soft Boiled, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" DS cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Game Shark or Action Replay).
Entry fee - FREE
Note: Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus are all BANNED since they are all event pokemon and aren't available in the US yet.

I believe [R]visitor will take care of the DS tournament in Greshem. I can run DS tournaments in Salem and maybe Eugene. We may even have a WiFi tournament in Eugene. Check back for WiFi rules later on if we actually put a WiFi tournament together.
If [R]visitor or I feel like it's necessary, we will check all teams for hacked pokemon.
~cyber~

Last edited:
We should be doing level 100's in the tournament. We've been doing level 70's for eons now, and have been promised that level 100's will show up after Cities.

On another subject, A DECK BOX?! Awesome. Though, those lucario sleeves were pretty cool too, maybe they'll alternate per set? That'd be nice.

[R]Visitor;910690 said:
We should be doing level 100's in the tournament. We've been doing level 70's for eons now, and have been promised that level 100's will show up after Cities.

On another subject, A DECK BOX?! Awesome. Though, those lucario sleeves were pretty cool too, maybe they'll alternate per set? That'd be nice.
I believe this will most likely be the last Level 70 tournament. We can probably make the change as the new season starts in September with Fall Battle Roads. Chris is the point poersonon DS tournaments so I will make sure he's aware of the desire to change sooner rather than later.

btw - The deck box thing was a typo. It is actually sleeves.

BDS

Eugene pre-release DS tourney

Hi,
I know Vance is working on the DS tourney in Eugene. There will be Wi-Fi which will level everyone's pokemon up to 100. He has a nice prize too-- a signed Origins Charmander for the winner!

Hi,
I know Vance is working on the DS tourney in Eugene. There will be Wi-Fi which will level everyone's pokemon up to 100. He has a nice prize too-- a signed Origins Charmander for the winner!

Alright! We got a WiFi tournament set up.

WiFi Tournament rules: Basically, they're the same as the normal DS rules (See my first post in this thread for complete rules) with just one change. You can use 3 pokemon at ANY level since they'll be boosted up to Lv.100 automatically. Remember, this WiFi tournament will only be done at Eugene only! (as of right now, anyway)

[R]Visitor;910690 said:

I'm pretty sure Chris will be making announcements at each prerelease so that everyone will know that we're moving up to Lv.100 after September. You and I will be there to remind him anyway.
~Cyber AKA Oregon's best DS tournament Organizer~ :thumb:

I also was never informed that vance was in charge of any of the DS tournaments. Things sure like to change without any prior notice, don't they? Just as long as its not some crackpot tourney where hacked shinies are prizes or anything wonky like that.

It shouldn't be hard to set up a wifi tourney at every location. Really, all you'd need is a laptop (or other computer) with a wifi USB connector (which I have). They only cost about 20$ in the store, and come with all the software, and are made by nintendo specifically for nintendo DS wifi. My assumption is that the tournament organizers always have a computer with internet hooked up during the events (though I could be mistaken) so having a wifi setup at every location is absolutely a possibility. I can provide a USB adapter for all locations or potentially help fund getting a new one for the TO's to carry around to the various events, considering Team Rocket can't always show up and provide awesome DS tournament action to every single location.

[R]Visitor;911296 said:
I also was never informed that vance was in charge of any of the DS tournaments. Things sure like to change without any prior notice, don't they? Just as long as its not some crackpot tourney where hacked shinies are prizes or anything wonky like that.

It shouldn't be hard to set up a wifi tourney at every location. Really, all you'd need is a laptop (or other computer) with a wifi USB connector (which I have). They only cost about 20$ in the store, and come with all the software, and are made by nintendo specifically for nintendo DS wifi. My assumption is that the tournament organizers always have a computer with internet hooked up during the events (though I could be mistaken) so having a wifi setup at every location is absolutely a possibility. I can provide a USB adapter for all locations or potentially help fund getting a new one for the TO's to carry around to the various events, considering Team Rocket can't always show up and provide awesome DS tournament action to every single location.

That's becuse you don't go to pokebeach(The best pokemon TCG forum site.)
Also why wans't my acount closed I asked it to be month's ago?

One more thing if you botherd to ask you would have been told that there is Wi-Fi already there(At the Eugen location).

[R]Visitor;911296 said:

There you go again, starting a ridiculous arguement that no one wants to hear, since we already hear it a millioin times. :nonono:
Anyway, I'll make sure we have no hacked pokemon in every one of the DS tournaments I'm a part of,. Yeah, Vance kinda let himself become a DS TO, but I'm ok with that since Eugene is his home turf. Don't worry [R], I'll keep an eye on things for Team Rocket's sake.
~Cyber~

Anyone form Oregon going to Worlds?

I was wondering if any Oregon players (besides Dillon) were going to play in the Grinder this year. I know that we are going to have around 12 Washington players, but I have not heard if any our our neighboors from the South will be there (besides Dillon of course)

Last edited:
Portland LOCATION CHANGE

We got some shocking news today - Gamer's Guild is moving to a smaller location before the scheduled Prerelease, and we won't be able to do large events there any more - including the Mysterious Treasures Prerelease! We did some fast searching and we have found a new home for the MT Prerelease:
Guardian Games
315 SE 3rd AVE
Portland, OR
The shop is located on the east side of the river, just a block off Martin Luther King BLVD. It is in an old warehouse district, but don't let the location throw you, Once you walk in the door you'll be amazed at the shop. It is bigger than Gamer's Guild and has tons of gaming supplies. The play space is great too, with tables for 80 players. They also have WiFi for the DS tournament! We were very lucky to find the new location on such short notice.

Now to get the word out. Since the flyers have already gone out with the wrong location, we need everyones help to spread the word that we have moved the Portland location (same date and time though). We'll reprint the flyers and I have updated this post. You can help by telling your friends.

BDS

Hey just wanted to let the Oregon players know, anyone in or around the Portland area, that Chris and I are setting up DS tournaments at the local league, at Loki's Games.(I know it doesnt have much to do with the prerelease, but since I see so much about the DS tournaments in this thread, I figure this post will be fine) Basically the same rules as our bigger events DS tournaments, although we haven't figured out what to do for prizes, but since there are many kids there interested in doing DS battles, we're gonna try and get this set up. SO if you want to join in the fun, saturday at 4 PM. If you need any more info just PM me.

We got some shocking news today - Gamer's Guild is moving to a smaller location before the scheduled Prerelease, and we won't be able to do large events there any more - including the Mysterious Treasures Prerelease! We did some fast searching and we have found a new home for the MT Prerelease:The shop is located on the east side of the river, just a block off Martin Luther King BLVD. It is in an old warehouse district, but don't let the location throw you, Once you walk in the door you'll be amazed at the shop. It is bigger than Gamer's Guild and has tons of gaming supplies. The play space is great too, with tables for 80 players. They also have WiFi for the DS tournament! We were very lucky to find the new location on such short notice.

Now to get the word out. Since the flyers have already gone out with the wrong location, we need everyones help to spread the word that we have moved the Portland location (same date and time though). We'll reprint the flyers and I have updated this post. You can help by telling your friends.

BDS

Disaster and releif all in one post, good work BDS! I was horrified at first, cuz that's the only location I was gonna make it to, but, portland's even closer! Again, good work on finding a quick fix!

There you go again, starting a ridiculous arguement that no one wants to hear, since we already hear it a millioin times. :nonono:
Anyway, I'll make sure we have no hacked pokemon in every one of the DS tournaments I'm a part of,. Yeah, Vance kinda let himself become a DS TO, but I'm ok with that since Eugene is his home turf. Don't worry [R], I'll keep an eye on things for Team Rocket's sake.
~Cyber~

Hey hey now, lets not question the boss, ok? The last time I heard about him wanting to run a tournament, his rules and prizes were ridiculous, like I said, nobody informs me of anything, so of course i'll be skeptical given his online track-record.

We're well known for running all the DS/gba tourneys in this area, so if he runs one and does an awful job, it'll look like our fault.

Either way, sounds like we've got wi-fi set up for most locations. I think as far as sign-up sheets go, we should include an area for Friend Codes, so whoever's running the DS tournament can issue them to the waiting players as nessisary.

The shop is located on the east side of the river, just a block off Martin Luther King BLVD. It is in an old warehouse district, but don't let the location throw you, Once you walk in the door you'll be amazed at the shop. It is bigger than Gamer's Guild and has tons of gaming supplies. The play space is great too, with tables for 80 players. They also have WiFi for the DS tournament! We were very lucky to find the new location on such short notice.

BDS

Awesome! So it looks like Salem will by the only site without a WiFi tournament. BDS, if you haven't reprinted the flyers yet, could you please put a small note about the WiFi tournies. At least saying that Portland and Eugene will have WiFi will by good enough.

[R]Visitor;914493 said:
Hey hey now, lets not question the boss, ok? The last time I heard about him wanting to run a tournament, his rules and prizes were ridiculous, like I said, nobody informs me of anything, so of course i'll be skeptical given his online track-record.

We're well known for running all the DS/gba tourneys in this area, so if he runs one and does an awful job, it'll look like our fault.

Either way, sounds like we've got wi-fi set up for most locations. I think as far as sign-up sheets go, we should include an area for Friend Codes, so whoever's running the DS tournament can issue them to the waiting players as nessisary.

OK, I see your point. Of course I'm aware of our reputation, and I of course there's no way I've let anyone mess us up.
~Cyber~

Last edited:
Awesome! So it looks like Salem will by the only site without a WiFi tournament. BDS, if you haven't reprinted the flyers yet, could you please put a small note about the WiFi tournies. At least saying that Portland and Eugene will have WiFi will by good enough.
~Cyber~
Unfortunately the new flyers were printed this morning and are already being distributed. The DS tournament announcement is there, but not the WiFi. I'll mention it in the e-mail I usually send out a couple weeks before the tournaments.

BDS

Thankfully, it's not like people will need to prepare differently for Wi-Fi battles. If anything, more people will be able to play without much prep.

So, I personally don't think it'll be a disaster if it isn't mentioned on the fliers.

-V

Back